New jonsered pics new jonsered pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweeeeet. They are a lot of fun.

Early 2094s had thin rings, different porting, no decomp., and a different rear handle and AV position setup, etc. Lots of 930 influence.
Mid-late 2094s had thick rings, decomp. valve, porting ? and the rear handle setup like the 2095.
2095s had thick rings, big ports, and closed out Jonsered as being anything else other than a housebrand.

You have yourself the last of the Jonsered legend. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Sweeeeet. They are a lot of fun.

Early 2094s had thin rings, different porting and a different rear handle and AV position setup, etc. Lots of 930 influence.
Mid-late 2094s had thick rings, porting ? and the rear handle setup like the 2095.
2095s had thick rings, big ports, and closed out Jonsered as being anything else other than a housebrand.

You have yourself the last of the Jonsered legend. Congratulations.

That's the best part about Dan owning that saw! I knew it was the last year of a true J-Red but I didn't know of the "beefier" setup and design.

:cheers:

Thanks! Too bad they don't make them any more. I have only made a handful of cuts with it and I can tell it is a bad**s.

I was very impressed with mine the few times it's been running. Besides being a ripper it seems to have smooth av and good air filtration too. It really is a shame they quit making them..

Does it run about the same as a 394?

I have never run a 394. But Justsaws says its a little quicker than a 395 and will walk away from a 066. If that is the case I will be more than happy. I haven't had it in big enough wood to be able to say much yet. Just noodled some ash logs so I could bury the 30" bar. lol It didn't slow down through that.

I should be able to give a better report this weekend.

That's what I'm talk'n about! If it would have been wearing the beat up 24" Sandvik bar, that also came with it, when I walked in the door I might not have taken a second look. I can't wait to get it in some big hardwood and see what it's got.

I bet I know where you might be able to find some. ;) :D

Congrats...looking forward to seeing it in action.

attachment.php

So I finally got a chance to bury the Jonsered in wood it was meant for and it is as NASTY as you might imagine. I cut some 32"+ oak and a little maple of similar size yesterday. You can just pull at that rear handle and it doesn't even think about bogging. I have no pictures as I was working alone, but I will try to get some this week as there is still plenty to cut.

I can't say for sure as I don't have one to run along side it, but it seems that the 2095 is noticeably stronger than a stock 660/066. I just wish it had the side chain tensioner.

Anyone here ever port one of these beasts, or run a ported one? If so, what do you think?

Back