New jonsered pics new jonsered pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sweeeeet. They are a lot of fun.

Early 2094s had thin rings, different porting, no decomp., and a different rear handle and AV position setup, etc. Lots of 930 influence.
Mid-late 2094s had thick rings, decomp. valve, porting ? and the rear handle setup like the 2095.
2095s had thick rings, big ports, and closed out Jonsered as being anything else other than a housebrand.

You have yourself the last of the Jonsered legend. Congratulations.

Last edited:
WoodChuck'r
Sweeeeet. They are a lot of fun.

Early 2094s had thin rings, different porting and a different rear handle and AV position setup, etc. Lots of 930 influence.
Mid-late 2094s had thick rings, porting ? and the rear handle setup like the 2095.
2095s had thick rings, big ports, and closed out Jonsered as being anything else other than a housebrand.

You have yourself the last of the Jonsered legend. Congratulations.

That's the best part about Dan owning that saw! I knew it was the last year of a true J-Red but I didn't know of the "beefier" setup and design.

:cheers:

willsaw4beer

willsaw4beer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks! Too bad they don't make them any more. I have only made a handful of cuts with it and I can tell it is a bad**s.

I was very impressed with mine the few times it's been running. Besides being a ripper it seems to have smooth av and good air filtration too. It really is a shame they quit making them..

the westspartan

the westspartan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Does it run about the same as a 394?

I have never run a 394. But Justsaws says its a little quicker than a 395 and will walk away from a 066. If that is the case I will be more than happy. I haven't had it in big enough wood to be able to say much yet. Just noodled some ash logs so I could bury the 30" bar. lol It didn't slow down through that.

I should be able to give a better report this weekend.

ronT2

ronT2

ArboristSite Guru
That's what I'm talk'n about! If it would have been wearing the beat up 24" Sandvik bar, that also came with it, when I walked in the door I might not have taken a second look. I can't wait to get it in some big hardwood and see what it's got.

I bet I know where you might be able to find some. ;) :D

Congrats...looking forward to seeing it in action.

attachment.php

the westspartan

the westspartan

Addicted to ArboristSite
So I finally got a chance to bury the Jonsered in wood it was meant for and it is as NASTY as you might imagine. I cut some 32"+ oak and a little maple of similar size yesterday. You can just pull at that rear handle and it doesn't even think about bogging. I have no pictures as I was working alone, but I will try to get some this week as there is still plenty to cut.

I can't say for sure as I don't have one to run along side it, but it seems that the 2095 is noticeably stronger than a stock 660/066. I just wish it had the side chain tensioner.

Anyone here ever port one of these beasts, or run a ported one? If so, what do you think?

Latest posts