new mail order Husky saws!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack, you're making a bigger deal of this than I am.

Feel better?

yL,

Yep. I'm just doin' my job. I find it rather amusing that we have so many Husqvara policies experts when in fact, they don't know a thing about it. Perhaps, that didn't come through.

Hibernation mode: On

ole joat

Last edited:
The saw companies are fighting the internet instead of using it to their advantage.

The internet is the future. Internet companies like Bailey's will thrive.

Local Ma and Pa shops will not go away, but in order to survive, they'll have to excel at service and repairs instead of relying on monopolistic sales practices.

Certain saw companies would GAIN market share if they made parts available online. I love my Efco saws (both of which I purchased online), but probably won't buy another Efco because parts are a hassle to obtain. If Efco made all parts available online, I would definitely continue buying Efcos.

When I needed a simple torx muffler screw for my Stihl, I had to take a day off from work and make a 4 hour round trip to the closest Stihl dealer. The dealer didn't have the muffler screw in stock, so I had to drive to yet another town, where that dealer also did not have the muffler screw in stock, however, he pulled a screw from a used saw. That used muffler screw cost me about $150 when you count the value of my time and transportation costs. Insane ! ! ! !

(Grande Dog, if you are reading this, you might consider adding a selection of torx screws to your catalog).

Why, oh why, can't I order Stihl parts online and have them delivered to my door ? ? ? It would only enhance my loyalty for the Stihl brand.

I do take advantage of the Stihl parts that are available from Baileys. Even if the the price is the same as OEM or even a little more than OEM, the convenience of online ordering and delivery to my door makes Baileys the better choice for me.

Howdy,
I've been working on what we're going to call Fastener Kits. These are going to be small, compartmentalized plastic boxes with 10 of every important fastener (approx. 30 different fasteners) for your model. We'll be starting with individual kits for the 044, 046, and 066. I'm not sure about pricing yet but, it should be very reasonable.
Regards
Gregg

I just looked at the Wise website. Man I bet Baileys is wishing they could sell Husky online like Wise does. I guess Baileys doesn't have the pull like Wise does with Husqvarna.

So you bought your Husky from Wise because your a cheapskate, fair enuff. I wonder why Wise is cheaper than your local dealer, any idea? I noticed when I bought my Husky from Baileys a few years ago they were alot cheaper too.

So, why did you not buy your Husky from the local dealer? Double standard going on here?

I say buy wherever you want, just wondering:confused:

Yep I'll admit it, I'm a Cheapskate, but so are most people they just wont admit it. I'm also a poor SOB who has to get approval on big purchases from the little misses. Most guys on here who have a garage full of saws either use them for work or bought them second hand I would imagine.
I myself have four saws right now, two saws I bought new, another one was free that was new(door prize), one I bought from a memeber on here and I may be buying another from a co-worker(Stihl MS660). I think we all at some time want a better deal. I can also relate to the dealers on here that would like their locals to buy from them. If you treat them right then they will be back and from listening to most of you, you do.

So, why did you not buy your Husky from the local dealer? Double standard going on here?

I say buy wherever you want, just wondering:confused:

There was no local dealer around here to buy from at the time other than Sears and Lowes. They weren't carrying the big saws or any pro saws and I don't think they do now. I did recently found out there is a Husky dealer who has opened shop not too far from here. I did buy another Husky, a 346xp. It too was bought before our Husky dealer opened up. That one I bought from a dealer, not a big mail order outfit. At the time I bought it I told that dealer cost doesn't matter, just get me a good one. He's on this site and he can vouch to that.

There was no local dealer around here to buy from at the time other than Sears and Lowes. They weren't carrying the big saws or any pro saws and I don't think they do now. I did recently found out there is a Husky dealer who has opened shop not too far from here. I did buy another Husky, a 346xp. It too was bought before our Husky dealer opened up. That one I bought from a dealer, not a big mail order outfit. At the time I bought it I told that dealer cost doesn't matter, just get me a good one. He's on this site and he can vouch to that.

Yeah, try telling the little miss price doesn't matter. She will say find a cheaper saw or find a better deal. I would say but!!!!!! I had to find a better deal to get what I wanted.

Yeah, try telling the little miss price doesn't matter. She will say find a cheaper saw or find a better deal. I would say but!!!!!! I had to find a better deal to get what I wanted.

LOL, in my ole shack I am da prince. I never have been much of a bargin shopper. I see what I want, look at the price, seems fair, I buy it. If I think its overpriced I won't haggle, I just walk away from it. I've never been one to go haggling. Hell the last car I bought, drove it around the block, brought it back, told the salesman I like it, I'll take it. Same with that 346, I bought that not really even knowing what it cost, didn't know, didn't care, just wanted the saw.

I deal with folks everyday of the week that want to haggle on price, they just aren't happy unless they think they got a break or a deal. I don't mind playing the game with them to a point. I'll give em a break, usually not as much as they want, thats when they get the same choice I use, take it or walk away from it. 99% of the time they buy it.

The best times are when the answer is no. Had a man needing a bar for his saw, a 20incher. I got one off the wall, he see's the price and right away tells me I can get a 20 inch bar from Baileys for 15.00 less. I said ok and put the bar back on the wall. He goes what are you doing. I said aren't you going to get the bar from Baileys. He goes can't you match Baileys price, I said yup but I'm not. He goes whatcha mean, I go it means what I said. He goes well I need that bar, I go you gonna buy it, he goes not at that price. I go guess you don't need it then. He goes well I'll have one from Baileys in about a week. I go yeah but you need a bar today dontcha. Needless to say he waited a week and got his Bailey's bar. Cool beans I say. A non-profit sale is not a sale in my book, its giving it away and we're not in the give away biz...

LOL, in my ole shack I am da prince. I never have been much of a bargin shopper. I see what I want, look at the price, seems fair, I buy it. If I think its overpriced I won't haggle, I just walk away from it. I've never been one to go haggling. Hell the last car I bought, drove it around the block, brought it back, told the salesman I like it, I'll take it. Same with that 346, I bought that not really even knowing what it cost, didn't know, didn't care, just wanted the saw.

I deal with folks everyday of the week that want to haggle on price, they just aren't happy unless they think they got a break or a deal. I don't mind playing the game with them to a point. I'll give em a break, usually not as much as they want, thats when they get the same choice I use, take it or walk away from it. 99% of the time they buy it.

The best times are when the answer is no. Had a man needing a bar for his saw, a 20incher. I got one off the wall, he see's the price and right away tells me I can get a 20 inch bar from Baileys for 15.00 less. I said ok and put the bar back on the wall. He goes what are you doing. I said aren't you going to get the bar from Baileys. He goes can't you match Baileys price, I said yup but I'm not. He goes whatcha mean, I go it means what I said. He goes well I need that bar, I go you gonna buy it, he goes not at that price. I go guess you don't need it then. He goes well I'll have one from Baileys in about a week. I go yeah but you need a bar today dontcha. Needless to say he waited a week and got his Bailey's bar. Cool beans I say. A non-profit sale is not a sale in my book, its giving it away and we're not in the give away biz...

da Prince, AKA THE CHAMP,

This is a prime illustration of joat's axiom, "There is a cost involved with being cheap. Don't overlook it and be an idiot at the same time."

ole joat

Yeah I gotcha, there were just alot of folks around here that were doing the holier then thou BS about how the local dealers should be suppported point blank and at any cost.

There are always exceptions, and most are folks own business, not mine.

Like someone else said, there is a convenince to shopping online and like you, I don't have a good dealer that stocks Pro saws, so what the heck, get em where you can.

Yeah Thall in your shack you da prince, but she da queen. Every man just thinks he rules his house. Guess you never watched Bill Cosby Himself the video. Like Bill says on there when he spoke about his wife being in charge of the house and the kids. I don't know when I lost it! I don't know if I ever had it! But I seen the rulers job and dealing with those people(their kids) I don't want it. Watch all great comedians and they will agree the wife is the head of the house.

i heard husky is going to soon be doing a used saw by back thing when you buy a new saw. kinda of a advertised trade in kinda thing. is this true.

Back