"New" Maine Fall GTG Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope to make it. I thought it was a couple of weeks ago and I missed it???? Is it this weekend Nov.4th ? Thanks, doug

I should have been automatically looking at this every day, for some reason I am only getting notified sporadically by email when someone responds here......?

Looks like we are on for Sunday, but maybe with a somewhat reduced head count. I have the log trailer lined up with some larger softwood logs and some smaller hardwood logs for cookie cutting. I had lined up the larger logs for the guys that bring those larger McCulloch's with the long bars.

I was only a maybe, but I won't be able to make it. Got a tree to cut up, and a few shingles to repair on my roof..... thanks to Sandy. I look forward to pics and videos.

I will still be attending :D If anybody is wanting to look at anything in particular be sure to let me know so I can plan it in advance.

I will still be attending :D If anybody is wanting to look at anything in particular be sure to let me know so I can plan it in advance.

I was a distant maybe but there is no chance I'll make it at this rate. Have a blast.

Not even clear I could get gas to get there, at this point we're dealing w fairly widespread gas shortages.

I was a distant maybe but there is no chance I'll make it at this rate. Have a blast.

Not even clear I could get gas to get there, at this point we're dealing w fairly widespread gas shortages.

That sucks! I hope the extent of issues for you are limited to the gas shortage and nothing else. Best of luck to ya, keep us updated if you have time.

I should have been automatically looking at this every day, for some reason I am only getting notified sporadically by email when someone responds here......?

Looks like we are on for Sunday, but maybe with a somewhat reduced head count. I have the log trailer lined up with some larger softwood logs and some smaller hardwood logs for cookie cutting. I had lined up the larger logs for the guys that bring those larger McCulloch's with the long bars.

Good luck with the GTG! :msp_biggrin:

To all those who can't make it to the events because of the storm, my thoughts are with you and I hope everything turns out well. I was texting back and forth with groundie and he said his job has brought him south to work on storm clean up so he can't make it either. The porta potty arrived this afternoon and I'm getting the log trailer, logs and picnic tables tomorrow.

Well, I think I may not be frying a turkey. I forgot about the transporting of hot fry oil 3 hours north after the fact. It might be overkill for the 4-5 people anyways.

I can't wait! Got some saws lined up in the garage and ready to go. My goal is to get some of my old gals running that haven't been in a while, so no laughing when they don't start. ;)

Well, I think I may not be frying a turkey. I forgot about the transporting of hot fry oil 3 hours north after the fact. It might be overkill for the 4-5 people anyways.

I can't wait! Got some saws lined up in the garage and ready to go. My goal is to get some of my old gals running that haven't been in a while, so no laughing when they don't start. ;)

Perhaps we should bring some fuel lines and carb kits :D

Well guys, I hate to say this, but I probably won't be there tomorrow. I've been fighting the bug that my wife has had all week. I hope you guys have a great time, and take lots of pictures.

I have no hoses :(

It's starting to look like there might be 4-5 people here at the most, I have a Gas Grill that I borrowed from a neighbor so if you haven't already loaded yours we can make due with the one I have. I read back through all the pages, we haven't heard from leeha or Ambull for quite some time, so I'm not sure if I'll need the 30" diameter pine log I saved out.....it can just as easily head to the Woodmizer if we don't end up making cookies out of it.

Last edited:
Back