New ms361 at dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktoom

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So one of my local stihl dealers has a new 361 with a 20" bar in stock. He told me $621 otd after tax. To me thats not a deal lol. What do you think i should offer him? I buy lots of my landscaping equipment from him as well.

About what I paid new for mine from a local dealer. Maybe if you bought two saws he would make a deal? :msp_confused:

Don't know if buying saws is like buying cars, but what do I know -- I bought my '99 Dakota without ####ering over the price either (there were some year end re-bates (around $2000), although probably mostly a scam, in that the price is inflated and then "rebates" are offered).:angry:

About what I paid new for mine from a local dealer. Maybe if you bought two saws he would make a deal? :msp_confused:

Don't know if buying saws is like buying cars, but what do I know -- I bought my '99 Dakota without ####ering over the price either (there were some year end re-bates (around $2000), although probably mostly a scam, in that the price is inflated and then "rebates" are offered).:angry:

What is up with the auto-censor, anyhow? "d-i-c-k-e-r-i-n-g" just means haggling. Next they will ban the word ####sissle and bushtit from the bird watcher thread:laugh:

What is/was msrp on the 361? 20-25% discount off that price seems fair.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hes asking $575 before tax and a new 362 with a 20" bar costs $700 before tax. He has the saw listed for $609 and i know its been sitting there for a while... it seems like a few years. He told me that he bought 5 of them from his distributor before they stopped making them. I feel the price should be a little lower since it hasnt been produced in a few years. He doesnt really ####er when i buy new weed wackers and blowers off of him. I mainly go to him cuz of his location. Hes close if i need parts or service.

Did you mean to say 8%?

Anyway, I suspect the dealer knows that a 361 is more attractive than a 362, and isn't lowering the price because of that?

Yes its 8% which would me .08 x $575 for the saw. My dealer isnt really up on his saws like that. Its a true value mom and pop store. They sell zero turns, along with other landscaping equipment.

If you would really like a new old stock 361, the price is basically what it sold for when it was a current model, and I don't think you will find many others left. I would definitely buy it before paying another $100 more for a 362.

I just called the dealer and asked if he would take $550 plus tax. His responce was " no way!!!!, its a $700 saw!!!". Rather than argue with him, i said thanks anyway and hung up the phone.

They were last $599.95 for a 20". I would mark it up if I were him. :msp_sneaky:

Hes asking $575 before tax and a new 362 with a 20" bar costs $700 before tax. He has the saw listed for $609 and i know its been sitting there for a while... it seems like a few years. He told me that he bought 5 of them from his distributor before they stopped making them. I feel the price should be a little lower since it hasnt been produced in a few years. He doesnt really ####er when i buy new weed wackers and blowers off of him. I mainly go to him cuz of his location. Hes close if i need parts or service.

Remind me not to buy saws where you live

Latest posts

Back