New MS880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 088 is a beast, after they’re ported they luuuuuuve to pull a 404 chain! Good luck with the coil swap, hopefully the stock 880 fw will work with the 088 coil but I have my doubts…:popcorn:

Saw is done.
After a different coil (088) and carb (HT-7A) she is unlimited. Got er' nice and fat at 13,700 until the rings seat.
Got a 9 tooth and a 36" bar.
Squish is at .032, (.030 pop up), cylinder plug, lot's of porting, lightened piston, opened exhaust outlet and added an auxilary port. Running a Max-Flo air system and am going to modifly the stock cover to go over it.
This saw is not for milling. It is for pleasure only.
I will see if I can get a video in the next couple days.

Saw is done.
After a different coil (088) and carb (HT-7A) she is unlimited. Got er' nice and fat at 13,700 until the rings seat.
Squish is at .032, (.030 pop up), cylinder plug, lot's of porting, lightened piston, opened exhaust outlet and added an auxilary port. Running a Max-Flo air system and am going to modifly the stock cover to go over it.

:popcorn: :clap:

Glad the 088 coil worked out with the stock fw. Didn't know about the carb swap, why was that done?

Saw is done.

Sounds great.

Glad the 088 coil worked out with the stock fw. Didn't know about the carb swap, why was that done?

The carb and coil are limited on the 880.
The coil is off an 088, I wanted an 088 carb, but the part number coincides now with the 880, which is limited. So my other option was an 084 carb, the HT-7.

I work on one of my neighbors saws, this fool takes one of them up in a tree! I tell him he is crazy to do that! He tells me, they are big trees. The man has a death wish. Can you imagine runnin one of them up in a tree?

Jasha I'll be waiting to see the Sling'r 880 videos.......:) :)

PLEASE post the videos....Ultra will be unloadin' some of the underpowered:monkey: 066s and 660s and the rest of us might be able to get one(or two).:hmm3grin2orange:

The carb and coil are limited on the 880.
The coil is off an 088, I wanted an 088 carb, but the part number coincides now with the 880, which is limited. So my other option was an 084 carb, the HT-7.

I beleive you'll find that the carb limiter on an 880 is simply an urban legend...

I beleive you'll find that the carb limiter on an 880 is simply an urban legend...

I beleive your wrong. 6 different saw shops, 4 different saw builders and my 8 hours of adjusting and running it will prove it.
The RPMs fluxuate at WOT with the 880 carb and the 088 non limited ignition.
After putting on the HT-7, the saws runs like it should.
Beleive me.

So... where is it in the carb? pretty conventional carb. No "control valve" etc"...

I can see that just dropping a stock carb in a modified saw may not work perfectly without work, but I see no mechanisum that is set to "limit".

Last edited:
Back