new pics of my wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browneye

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score

Last edited:
my camera was on 3m instead of 10m i wpould think it would be small enough i think i am doing it wrong when i use the pic manager

Last edited:
176684d1300638403-dscn4144-jpg

Click on an attachment, copy the URL, and put it between img tags like the following EXCEPT use [ ] square brackets instead of () around the tags:

(img)http://www.arboristsite.com/attachm...equipment/176684d1300638403-dscn4144-jpg(/img)

Looks like that's a horizontal only? Usually I see the wedges on the cylinder when they can go horizontal or vertical, but looks to me like the beam is weld to the frame.
yes its welded to the frame horizontal only if the chunks are real big they get split with a maul

Why did you make the rack that your fuel cans in so big? what else are you storing there?

i put my saw tool box,saw gas and oil,and 5 gal gas jug for the splitter...i wanted it big enough to put all that stuff in.when i load the back of the truck full i got tired of putting all that stuff in the back seats

Last edited:
ya

Looks good. Been trying some hedge on it?
thats pretty much all its split so far...its had about 25 cords ran through it so far....with no major problems...knock on wood...the cylinder,pump,valve,lines and fittings were all bran new when i built it..

i put my saw tool box,saw gas and oil,and 5 gal gas jug for the splitter...i wanted it big enough to put all that stuff in.when i load the back of the truck full i got tired of putting all that stuff in the back seats

Good idea. I like the smell of gas jugs in the cab.:dizzy:

no so much

Good idea. I like the smell of gas jugs in the cab.:dizzy:
i had to do something the wife was getting tired of smelling gas when she got in the truck..plus with two car seats in the back it was a pain to get three saws and all that stuff in the back seat

NIce Splitter

Wow that looks really heavy duty did you use a motor out of a riding lawn mower. it looks big. Nice job David

That is a good idea, I never take my splitter with me it stays home so I did not think of that.

It looks like a fine splitter, Kawasaki are now my favorite small engines.
That's the first time I've seen one on a splitter.

yes

the motor is a 15 horse. it came off a dr mower slash brush hog the decks went bad so i took it off and used it for my splitter..i put a 22 gpm pump to it and a 4.5 in cylinder and a prince valve and i will say its as fast as you will ever want a splitter....you really have to watch you fingers..0h the wheels.... my wife has a grand prix gtp and i bought 2 parts cars last year and took all i could get off them..so i took two rear spindles i had and welded them to the 6x10 in tube for the axle ..and i ended up with a complete extra set of tires and wheels so it works out i shouldnt have to buy tires for it.

Last edited:
That is a good idea, I never take my splitter with me it stays home so I did not think of that.
well most of the time i dont take it and use the trailer but when its to wet and i just need to load the truck i wanted a place for all that stuff besides the backseats

Pretty nice. Have some rep for a cool build.

You don't do anything half assed, do you?

Latest posts

Back