New Pioneer P38 4 sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This post stirs many thoughts about the pros and cons of our capitalistic society. JungleJim has a saw he wants to sell and it just so happens that knowledge is gained that he just purchased an identical saw for $100 less than he wants to sell this one for. Most replies (and my opinion as well) is that he's SOL if he thinks he's gonna sell the saw here after gaining this knowledge!

But, do any of us as consumers know the actual amount WalMart payed for the pair of socks, or Home Depot payed for the Husqvarna saw, or Winn Dixie for the T bone steaks, or , well, you get the idea. I wonder how consumers as a whole would react if everyone could find out actually how much profit we are putting in the pockets of stores we do business with on a day to day basis. Now I realize that I'm talking about businesses that have expenses (employees, rents, insurance, tax, etc.), but still the concept is the same.

What makes JJs case different ??? We know his actual cost and can therefore determine his profit. JJ is an individual not a business. Is this why we feel such in this case? Would I feel the same way if I learned that WalMart made 100% profit on the last pair of socks I bought ? I guess for me, the difference is that I needed the socks and I don't really need the saw, so I was willing to pay.

So JungleJim may very well find someone out there who needs or wants the saw bad enough to pay what he's asking. If both parties are happy, then that's good business. At the same time there's nothing wrong with knowing how much profit he's putting in his pocket.

just my $0.02
Dan

Hi Chris,

If it was a P62, I might go as high as $350.00, so I guess I won't be getting this P38 (or any P62s either for that matter!)

Dan

Junglejim61 said:
I have a new Pioneer p38 for sale $500 + shipping.
[email protected]

Just curious but why do you think this saw is worth $150 more than a new Stihl MS290 or $50 +freight more than the near new MS361 I just sold WestTexas? Maybe I'm missing something. I thought I had seen some absurd prices here in the Trading Post but this one takes the cake. I just bought a new Solo 650 missing the oil tank cap for $150. I've bought a new oil cap for it. Anyone want it for $300 +freight. I also got a NIB Echo CS510 for $175. I'd take $400 shipped for that one.
John...

/I'll get rich and look like a genius if this works.

Last edited:
MacDaddy said:
I took this picture jungle jim just as he got cought with the AS scam

MacDaddy, You really need to superimpose the word "Pwned" over that picture of JungleJim.

Last edited:
that is too high man!!!! I bought a new and it was new p62 from an old dealer for 475.00. I'll give ya 225.00

But, do any of us as consumers know the actual amount WalMart payed for the pair of socks, or Home Depot payed for the Husqvarna saw, or Winn Dixie for the T bone steaks, or , well, you get the idea. I wonder how consumers as a whole would react if everyone could find out actually how much profit we are putting in the pockets of stores we do business with on a day to day basis. Now I realize that I'm talking about businesses that have expenses (employees, rents, insurance, tax, etc.), but still the concept is the same.

What makes JJs case different ??? We know his actual cost and can therefore determine his profit. JJ is an individual not a business. Is this why we feel such in this case? Would I feel the same way if I learned that WalMart made 100% profit on the last pair of socks I bought ? I guess for me, the difference is that I needed the socks and I don't really need the saw, so I was willing to pay.

So JungleJim may very well find someone out there who needs or wants the saw bad enough to pay what he's asking. If both parties are happy, then that's good business. At the same time there's nothing wrong with knowing how much profit he's putting in his pocket.

These are interesting points you bring up. But most of what we consumers buy at retail stores is optional. How about the markup on prescription drugs? Or the whole medical field itself which has been taken over by insurance companies and lobiest manipulating politicians. Take a gander at the profits pharmacies are making on "generic drugs" ... in the thousands of percent. Well sorry for that, just been watching too much news.

Latest posts

Back