New Saw coming.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 441 on the way and I plan on using Stihl at 50:1 just like I put in every 2 cycle engine I got, except for my boat.
Oh, and I second the Wally World oil, and sometimes TSC has a good price.

Casey, I'm running a 20 inch bar and using the Stihl HP at 50:1.

I''d put old gas in the bar oil hole and used engine oil in the gas tank hole. Then throw the POS in the mail and give it to me by xmas.

CaseyForrest said:
You are right. Im about to drop 7 bills on a saw I dont need to cut wood I dont have!!!

It will still be worth 5 bills in a year.. and think what bragging rights are worth!:biggrinbounce2:

Heck, soon Manual wil be the only one that doesn't have one...

CaseyForrest said:
So Ill be aquiring a 441, and wanted everyones opinion on what bar oil to run and what 2 stroke oil to use.

ALSO....Should I run 40:1 or 50:1?
By all means, Use Stihls bar oil and 2 stroke oil.
Along with there bars, chains, files, and guides.
While you are there don't forget to accessorize you apparel.
you already have the chaps, don't know if you have the helmet.
I see you can listen to your favorite station with your ear muffs.

Soooo, pick yourself up a pair of Stihl gloves and ask about there boots.
maybe a coffee cup, Tee Shirt, hat, or suspenders.
Heck Stihl even has a Timber sports line of apparel. LOL

40:1 works for me.

manual said:
By all means, Use Stihls bar oil and 2 stroke oil.
Along with there bars, chains, files, and guides.
While you are there don't forget to accessorize you apparel.
you already have the chaps, don't know if you have the helmet.
I see you can listen to your favorite station with your ear muffs.

Soooo, pick yourself up a pair of Stihl gloves and ask about there boots.
maybe a coffee cup, Tee Shirt, hat, or suspenders.
Heck Stihl even has a Timber sports line of apparel. LOL

40:1 works for me.

Are you spying on me??

I actually like GB bars over Stihl, but Stihl bars are fine bars.

I can get Stihl chain for the same price at the dealer compared to any other chain that needs to be shipped. Same with the files.

I have a half-full 5-gallon bucket full of used motor oil that has a bunch of wood chips and the stuff that came off the workbench when I hit the grinder with the air hose. You're welcome to it, it'll make great bar lube. And the price is right!

CaseyForrest said:
So Ill be aquiring a 441, and wanted everyones opinion on what bar oil to run and what 2 stroke oil to use.

ALSO....Should I run 40:1 or 50:1?

Didn't know why you ask, I see now said the blind man :)

Congradulations Casey! I have a 441 myself and really like it. I use the full synthetic Stihl oil at 50:1 and Stihl bar oil

I've heard that if you are really serious about seatin your new rings you need to first run them upside down for a few tanks and then install them rightside up. They say it's the best way to really get them seated.

Oh, and I forgot to mention another important thing: to be sure to store the saw in a north/south orientation during that run in period. If not possible, then make sure there are crystals nearby.

And if none of that is possible, I have it on good authority that you absolutely need to have half of the run in period occur on the west coast, preferrably in the vicinity of Seattle, Wa.

I wish you guys would stop joking about impending 441's. I'm a serious guy and I thought this was a serious site.

Back