New Saw coming.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CaseyForrest said:
Brandon, sounds like good 2 stroke oil. Ill be by to pick that up this weekend.

Did you get my message about that 084?

Yeah. Sounds like a good deal. You really ought to buy it before I spend too much time thinking about it...after all, what the heck do I need an 084 for, with an 075 and 076?

But it is a good deal...

B_Turner said:
Oh, and I forgot to mention another important thing: to be sure to store the saw in a north/south orientation during that run in period. If not possible, then make sure there are crystals nearby.

And if you park it inside a pyramid at night, the chain will aways be sharp.

B_Turner said:
I've heard that if you are really serious about seatin your new rings you need to first run them upside down for a few tanks and then install them rightside up. They say it's the best way to really get them seated.

I think that you have the "seatin" process mixed up with the proper way to break in new dentures.:rolleyes:

tawilson said:
I wish you guys would stop joking about impending 441's. I'm a serious guy and I thought this was a serious site.

Im serious about getting one.

How about some smileys????

:biggrinbounce2: :hmm3grin2orange: :heart: :yoyo: :laugh: ;) :blob2: :D

Last edited:
B_Turner said:
And if none of that is possible, I have it on good authority that you absolutely need to have half of the run in period occur on the west coast, preferrably in the vicinity of Seattle, Wa.

B_Turner said:
Oh, and I forgot to mention another important thing: to be sure to store the saw in a north/south orientation during that run in period. If not possible, then make sure there are crystals nearby.

I dont have any crystals, will a yard knome work?

computeruser said:
Yeah. Sounds like a good deal. You really ought to buy it before I spend too much time thinking about it...after all, what the heck do I need an 084 for, with an 075 and 076?

But it is a good deal...

Because the 084 has about 20 more cc's..

I think Im going to go with the ripsaw, makes more sense for my situation....that and I have a line on a used one for a nice price.

CaseyForrest said:

I think Im going to go with the ripsaw, makes more sense for my situation....that and I have a line on a used one for a nice price.
Will you spend your money. I'm having trouble keeping up.

SOOOOOOO tell me about this 084.

CaseyForrest said:

A 455 is about perfect for he ripsaw! NOTE the lack of Smileys... Heck, I'd put a 1 horse Electric motor on one and use a generator.

manual said:
Will you spend your money. I'm having trouble keeping up.

SOOOOOOO tell me about this 084.

If you are serious...My dealer has a nice 084 for sale. New clutch and drum. Been checked out and looks nice. Its used, looks like its spent more time sitting in the truck than being used, plastic is faded and the muffler has surface rust, but nothing abnormal for the 088/084's Ive seen.

He wants $700 for it, I believe it had a 30" bar with .404 on it.

CaseyForrest said:

SO whats the cost for blades for the ripsaw

Back