New Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
computeruser

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
CaseyForrest said:
ROFL!! My wife still thinks I only have one!!

BTW Samantha...that looks like a nice combo there, good deal!!

She does?! How can that be? You're lucky. Mine has a 6th sense and can tell when a new one arrives, and then I feel guilty and have to tell her about it. And then my cover was finally blown the other night when she actually came out to the garage AND stepped inside, and then proceeded to count the number of saws, which resulted in a number higher than I had represented. Oh well.

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
computeruser said:
She does?! How can that be? You're lucky. Mine has a 6th sense and can tell when a new one arrives, and then I feel guilty and have to tell her about it. And then my cover was finally blown the other night when she actually came out to the garage AND stepped inside, and then proceeded to count the number of saws, which resulted in a number higher than I had represented. Oh well.

Because mine are all the same color!!! She cant comprehend the size differences between them.

STIHLSamantha

STIHLSamantha

ArboristSite Member
ugly?

Adrpk said:
Awesome. But who that big ugly guy cutting with it? Does he know what he's doing? Where's a pic of the new owner cutting with it? And not in the vise. Good luck with it Sam.

oh no you didnt!!! :D

that "handsome devil" you were refering to that is handling that saw is my one and only....(and when he went outside to use it i forgot to use the camera because i was cutting with my own MS210...my bad) i am going to get pics tomorrow of his cutting skillz with his new saw...every dad should have a pic of him and his new girl....

ciscoguy01

ciscoguy01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Omg

You guys don't even know. I thought the Husky 288XP was the smoothest nicest cutting saw I've ever run. Boy oh boy was I wrong. I brought this baby home from the store tonight and setup a 16" piece of wet frozen popple. I went to town on it with a full tank of gas for breaking in time. I gotta tell ya, this saw is the SH1TTTTTTTEEEEEe. You'd not believe the smoothness and power. I'm going to get some vid's tomorrow and will post a link. Ya'll can see how it stands up to some big hardwood. I can't wait.. YeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :chainsaw: :givebeer:

Pablo26

Pablo26

ArboristSite Guru
Gongrats on the new saw! Way to go Samantha! Hope to get pics tomorrow of the 357xp from Tony/Amick's sitting in my garage, first new saw in 12 years for me! Your dude is going to need large wood I see! Hoppy Holidays!

B_Turner

B_Turner

Addicted to ArboristSite
STIHLSamantha said:
my dude got a new saw today bought from the Dolmar Store out in Greenwich, NY...bought from some of our very own forum members themselves!!!! Here is his new Dolmar 7900....with a new titanium 24 inch bar....it runs SWEET!!! Merry Christmas baby!

That third pic scares me on many levels.

I told you your concept of a saw was going to change. It's how saws are supposed to be.......You'll be spoiled for other saws.

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
ciscoguy01 said:
You guys don't even know. I thought the Husky 288XP was the smoothest nicest cutting saw I've ever run. Boy oh boy was I wrong. I brought this baby home from the store tonight and setup a 16" piece of wet frozen popple. I went to town on it with a full tank of gas for breaking in time. I gotta tell ya, this saw is the SH1TTTTTTTEEEEEe. You'd not believe the smoothness and power. I'm going to get some vid's tomorrow and will post a link. Ya'll can see how it stands up to some big hardwood. I can't wait.. YeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :chainsaw: :givebeer:

I told you that you would like it..just wait until you get 15-20 tanks threw it and put it in some big wood....

Good choice. Welcome to the Dark Dolmar Side :rock:

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Freakingstang said:
I told you that you would like it..just wait until you get 15-20 tanks threw it and put it in some big wood....

Good choice. Welcome to the Dark Dolmar Side :rock:

Oh Jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the homeless Homelites

The Hosebagged Huskies

and now the Dissplaced Dolmars,

Will it ever end?????????????????:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

ciscoguy01

ciscoguy01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Cutting Edge

Alright guys, before anything else, I gotta say this. I have to say that of all the dealers I've ever been to Scott and Steve at The Cutting Edge over in Greenwich, NY were hands down the best dealers I've ever dealt with. Their store is very clean, things are very organized, and in general they seem like really really great people. I really enjoyed talking to them today. They have a top notch operation going there that I don't think you'd be able to find any better. Some things I noticed while there. They had saws you could try out, and I don't just mean try out a little bit, the dudes had a stack of logs like 10' tall and 20' wide. All beautiful hardwood and handed me the saw I was going to buy and said, "Give'r a try and see whatcha think..." I have never been to a dealer that keeps saws around just for this. He11, they even let the wife take a little 5100 out and play with it in the woodpile. If I'da had the money for that one I'da bought it also, I'll prolly go back down and buy it early next year. Their selection of bars/chains/accessories for chainsaws etc... was the best I've seen anywhere, no doubt about it. I mean seriously :jawdrop: I've prolly been to about 8 or 10 dealers in my life, I know that's not alot, but this place kicked major a55. They had like 3 or 4 different types of bars as well as sizes from 12" to like 36" right in stock. They also had at least one of every model they sold as a demo you could take and try out, that's almost unheard of, at least where I've been... They explained pretty much everything about my new saw as well as the others to me and what made them such a great saw. If this isn't enough, Scott took me out back to the shop and yanked apart a 9010 for me to look at the guts of. This was a really great trip and a really great experience for me I gotta say. I will most definitely go back there and when I need parts I will order them from Steve and Scott before anywhere else. Very family oriented place, and they gave me a great deal. They are only like 20 min from Vt also so I hope I can recommend these guys to everyone... Thanks again Steve and Scott for everything. It was really great meeting you guys today. :rock: :bowdown:

Sorry it was so long winded...

Latest posts