New Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrclen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I decided to retire the old Stihl 041 Farmboss. And the Chinese Homelite has been less than satisfying.

So, off to the saw shop I went. I came home with a brand new shiny Stihl 310 with a 20" bar and two extra chains. After I finish reading the English half of the manual, I will be taking it out back to get it to look a little less shiny. :clap:

good saw, pretty good bang for your buck, you get 20" bar on yours

Yes, I got the 20" bar. I looked at a 290 but the 310 weighs the same, and has a bit more power. And the price was right.

Here it is. I had to tone down the big grin a little.

newsaw1.jpg

newsaw2.jpg

newsaw3.jpg

Sweet!!!!!!!

That's a bute! Wonder if they are the newer 031's??? They were great saws... Your poor old 041. Great saw. The 310's I've heard are super nice saws guy...

:cheers: eh?

good saw. open the muffler a good bit, retune her and she will put a nice smile on your face. i have a thread with some pics, as do others. i like mine bc it is easy, simple and does not require any welding. you can do it in 20 minutes, start to finish.

Thanks everybody. I took it out back yesterday and got it a bit dirty. It is a wood cutter. It actually seemed pretty happy in the oak woods. I think we're going to get along well.

Almost no vibration, unlike the 041. Now if I could get rid of the 2 feet of snow in the woods, I could start some serious wood cuttin. :cheers:

I picked up this beast last year, so life is going to be good cutting wood this year.

photo080193woodsplittersm.jpg

:computer: I love my 310 (Not sure of the bar length but you guys really don't care anyway do ya? It's a good size bar though.) in removing large trees at the end. Not to heavy and it hasn't grunted yet. :agree2:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back