"New" Saws from the weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to the "local" flea markets last Sunday, bad weather and all, and picked up some more merchandise. Some actually run, some needed help and some I haven't got around to yet.
attachment.php

They are, in order, Echo 300EVL, Echo 330VL, McCulloch Timber Bear, McCulloch 10-10S, Poulan Super 380, Stihl 020T, Stihl 032AV. I had to leave early...I was about out of money. These were all fairly cheap except the 020.

Last edited:
Good thing you did absolutely! Shiat if I came back with one saw I would be happy, but that was a motherload!:msp_razz:

Good thing you did absolutely! Shiat if I came back with one saw I would be happy, but that was a motherload!:msp_razz:

I almost did just that! After I bought the Stihl 032 for about $35 I thought about just going home and checking it out. I put it in the truck and decided to look further. Four of those saws cost $15 each. I'll let you guess which ones.

I almost did just that! After I bought the Stihl 032 for about $35 I thought about just going home and checking it out. I put it in the truck and decided to look further. Four of those saws cost $15 each. I'll let you guess which ones.

NICE haul! :msp_thumbsup:

My guess would be the top four in the picture.

NICE haul! :msp_thumbsup:

My guess would be the top four in the picture.

Well, you got 3 out of 4. Not bad. I couldn't get the guy down past $25 on the 10-10s. Those do sell for well over $100 on ebay if they're in good condition. The other $15 one is the poulan.
I actually gave more for the little Stihl top handle than the rest of them combined...that might have been a mistake, I wonder if the 020T is worth very much, but it does run well.

Last edited:
Well, you got 3 out of 4. Not bad. I couldn't get the guy down past $25 on the 10-10s. Those do sell for well over $100 on ebay if they're in good condition. The other $15 one is the poulan.
I actually gave more for the little Stihl top handle than the rest of them combined...that might have been a mistake, I wonder if the 020T is worth very much, but it does run well.

I parted a clean 10-10S and it brought more in parts then the runners did. :ices_rofl:

You will end up keeping it and the Super 380 if they have good top ends. There both pretty good ones. You might be right in your hunch on the 020.

Good day at the flea markets no doubt though.. :rock:

I parted a clean 10-10S and it brought more in parts then the runners did. :ices_rofl:

You will end up keeping it and the Super 380 if they have good top ends. There both pretty good ones. You might be right in your hunch on the 020.

I'd always thought the top handle Stihls went for a small fortune so I went ahead and plucked it up without doing any more research. I got to looking on 'the bay and some of them are going for about $200. My neighbor is trying to trade me out of it but I'll probably keep it until it needs work. I heard they are a royal pain to work on. I always thought the Poulan 380 was a nice saw and the fellow that sold it to me said it had fresh gas in it, so maybe it runs too. I'll find out later today. For that price I couldn't say no.

I just got back from the steamy outdoors with some good news, the 380 fired right up but ran a little lean so I adjusted it up a little and I think that was all it needed. I don't think it had been used for awhile but I'll take care of that item too, but I may wait for a cooler day. If I get some more time I may do a little more maintenance on it like checking out the fuel lines and maybe a carb kit, along with a good cleaning.

LOL! I was just gonna ask if you had a chance to tinker yet.:msp_thumbup:

I've tinkered with just about all of them. The Poulan runs just fine, one of the Echos runs good, the other one I believe is a DOA, The only thing wrong with the 10-10s is the kill switch doesn't work. The starter sticks on the other McCulloch so I'll have to work on it. I have the Stihl 032 apart right now, carburetor is full of dirt. I'll probably try to get a kit for it tomorrow along with a new air filter. The other Stihl is already put up on a shelf. I will probably in the near future have to build some more shelves to put these saws on..I hate to leave saws on the ground or on a concrete floor, especially the metal ones.

Nice! I like it you don't mees arund. I am the same way. I know if i get a new saw, and it's not going, or has a problem, I have been known to lose sleep! LOL!:msp_thumbup: Part of it is just plain fun though.

Still can't get the Stihl 032 to run right, carb was full of sawdust so I gave it a good cleaning and a kit, put it back together and it still doesn't run right, think I may have a fuel line problem or maybe a little problem with the points. So far the Poulan, the 10-10s, the Echo 330 and the Stihl 020 are runners. The Mac Timber Bear needs the starter fixed, the Echo 300 is getting parted out.
I checked the 10-10 kill switch by disconnecting it from the module and checking the continuity and it showed that the switch and wire were ok. The terminal it was on showed it was grounded to the engine all the time but it still ran. I'm at a loss right now to figure out how to fix it. I'm wondering, since the module had two wires on the back, one for the kill switch and one to ground, maybe someone accidentally switched the wires?? If they did, it would have had to be some time ago because it had about 1/2" or dirt on top of it.

Not really.

I'm still glad there's nothing wrong with it right now...I have quite a bit of saw repairs to do in the near future. I did take the 032 all apart today, fuel lines good, pulse line good, manifold good, checked carb for dirt again, it was ok..The only suspicious thing was the gas cap, it seemed to not vent very well.

I got a new shelf built so after I toweled all the sweat off I decided to try to get the Mac Timber Bear running. I spent most of the time rewinding the starter after I let the spring escape..Anyway, I finally got the starter put back together and decided to give it a pull. It started on the second or third pull, adjusted the carburetor a little bit and unstuck the clutch by running it at a medium idle against a stump till the clutch released. I think it stuck because of moisture but it does fine now. So now the only non-runner I have is the 032 and the DOA Echo. I may mess with the Stihl again but not the Echo.

Latest posts

Back