New score 660 Magnum!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblue12v

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a smoking deal on a like new MS660 Magnum Wednesday, probably hadn't had 3 tanks of gas ran through it ever. Came with 32" Stihl bar and Stihl carbide tipped chain. Now to find someone local who can sharpen it... I pulled the 24" RS b&c from my 360 and put on it, will probably pickup an RS for the 32" also. Put 18" back on the 360 so it can have a little easier life lol. Thursday Mr. Snelling gave me some advice on how he likes to muffler mod these so I did that and re-tuned it. Suffice to say I LOVE this thing! Have not got to use it much other than cutting a few cookies here at home. I need to get out in the woods soon. I've got several logs here to buck up, a few I practiced on already.
For those that must know I have $450 in it. Let the hate ensue! Lol
3145ffaebb1e390cc83b77864602671f.jpg
4ca843d5f858f1061ede3ede001facd6.jpg
ba19473d55f220bdc7174f96163d3ad9.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No hate at all, but a friendly & envious:

You suck!

Around here I'd be extremely lucky to get a VG+ condition MS 460 for $450.00.

Unless you have a need for the carbide cutter chain, you might want to try sell or trade it directly, or see if your Stihl dealer will make some kind of a deal for the RS you mentioned. I know that some Stihl dealers go strictly by-the-Stihl-guidelines, and I have no idea what demand there might, or not, be for 32" carbide chain.

Yea I tuned it, that's the whole point of doing a mm so you can push more fuel and air in it lol

No hate at all, but a friendly & envious:

You suck!

Around here I'd be extremely lucky to get a VG+ condition MS 460 for $450.00.

Unless you have a need for the carbide cutter chain, you might want to try sell or trade it directly, or see if your Stihl dealer will make some kind of a deal for the RS you mentioned. I know that some Stihl dealers go strictly by-the-Stihl-guidelines, and I have no idea what demand there might, or not, be for 32" carbide chain.
This was an extremely lucky score. I hardly see anything pro level for sale used here. To find this model this nice blew my mind. I don't really have use for it right now but I'll keep it and get it sharpened when I can and hang onto it just in case I ever need it.

This was an extremely lucky score. I hardly see anything pro level for sale used here. To find this model this nice blew my mind. I don't really have use for it right now but I'll keep it and get it sharpened when I can and hang onto it just in case I ever need it.

You buy saws for which you have no use? That's crazy :dizzy:!

Says the Harry Homeowner suburbanite who has a garage full of saws ranging from 38cc to 95cc :yes:!

Pro level large saws around here are rare, & tend to be priced way too close to new prices, esp. Stihl saws.

You buy saws for which you have no use? That's crazy :dizzy:!

Says the Harry Homeowner suburbanite who has a garage full of saws ranging from 38cc to 95cc :yes:!

Pro level large saws around here are rare, & tend to be priced way too close to new prices, esp. Stihl saws.
I was referring to the chain not the saw lol. But Yea what's wrong with CAD?! Lol Yea pro saws used here are a rare commodity specially in this condition!

Latest posts

Back