New Stihl 038 from China

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks riggy didge to me but i don't come from New Zealand just in case you can't work out what NZ stands for.

Anyway we all need to retire sooner or later, i see your American millionaires are pouring there hard earnt money into China after the cheap labour market.

China has the fastest growing economy in the world, so who cares that they can't spell Steel. oops Stihl.

Mc Bob.

Andy says..."Is this copyright infringement?" J.D. says Hells yeah it is!!! Well I'm glad US Law protects copyrights here, but I am beginning to thinkit doesn't matter and within 20 years we'll all be either speaking Chinese or either digging our graves or bomb shelters

ozflea said:
I hear their gonna be mass producing sheep next with wings on called shewi's.
And they won't fly either.

Mc Bob.

here bob this should give you a laugh it is the side of my brothers logging truck in tasmania(hope this darn link works)
attachment.php

Steel saw!

They knew what they were doing. Maybe they should branch out and make one that says "Husky". I would question the quality. Stuff made in Japan usually isn't terribly bad. They have gotten better in the last 30 years. China might improve as well. I prefer to get real stuff from elsewhere when possible.
I don't frequent Mal*Wart.
I still am looking for a engine (splitter), and guess what? China makes a Honda replacement (looks kinda like a Honda) for Cheap. I ain't buying it.

However, there is some China in my shop (I ain't proud of it)
20 ton press (comes in handy)
Parts washer (had to fix, leaked)
Drill press (so far, so good)
Floor jack might be china, also leaks a bit.
Engine hoist (works well)
Engine stand (ain't broke yet)

Where do you think Yanmar diesels come from? They ain't bad, I heard.
Give them time, they will make everything in China.

-pat

Patrick62 said:
They knew what they were doing. Maybe they should branch out and make one that says "Husky". I would question the quality. Stuff made in Japan usually isn't terribly bad. They have gotten better in the last 30 years. China might improve as well. I prefer to get real stuff from elsewhere when possible.
I don't frequent Mal*Wart.
I still am looking for a engine (splitter), and guess what? China makes a Honda replacement (looks kinda like a Honda) for Cheap. I ain't buying it.

However, there is some China in my shop (I ain't proud of it)
20 ton press (comes in handy)
Parts washer (had to fix, leaked)
Drill press (so far, so good)
Floor jack might be china, also leaks a bit.
Engine hoist (works well)
Engine stand (ain't broke yet)

Where do you think Yanmar diesels come from? They ain't bad, I heard.
Give them time, they will make everything in China.

-pat

they have
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0010-0395-3791-/auction-47636285.htm
17633640.jpg

WadePatton said:
I avoid the support of the Red Communist country--and serious military threat--at every opportunity. Sometimes it means paying more, sometimes it means doing without. Of course that makes me part of a tiny little minority of folks, but everybody has to be a minority sometime.:givebeer:

Of course you are right. While Chinese goods are attractive price-wise the policy to let them in is selling our own industries down the river.

But people also said that about Jap, German, etc. goods and look where we are now.....

That said, it would be interesting to examine a Chinese saw and try one out.

canguy21 said:
This is becoming a large issue. The Chinese do not recognize international patent agreements and are pumping out cheap copies. It is driving Kubota and Caterpillar crazy but what can they do? Some are slipping under the radar and entering NA, maybe because of the low numbers. Most do not meet emission standards yet but I suspect that will change as they get better. 40 years ago, a lot of Japanese products were junk and look at them now.
FWIW, there are or soon will be Mercedes built in China. Briggs and Stratton is also building a Chinese plant to supply Asia. They insist these products won't land here but that remains to be seen.

Check and see who is making the big money investments in the China economy you will not only find your answer but probably be shocked.

Arnie

Hmmmmm

Should they not have spelled that "Steal" :confused:

At least I am glad to see that no one has bid on it. Especially seeing as they quote US and Canadian local shippings costs then say FOB China.

I think that Chinese goods are going to get better and better and seeing as they ignore patents and intellectual property rights they will continue with cheap products that will be difficult to keep out of North America.

Also I read that the Chinese are investing heavily in US companies so even by supporting a US product you still may be supporting the Chinese.

I was also reading in a Technology Magazine that companies in North America are under-estimating the current technology capabilities of the Chinese and that we are not as far ahead of them as we think we are.

They are going to be power to watch out for!:mad:

Lakeside53 said:
So.. do you think this is a copyright infringement?

attachment.php

Diesel JD said:
You are right about the copyright Andy, but...I think that is the big worry with China...they could give a rat's behind about intellectual property. I don't doubt that Stihl would do something about it, but, whoa re they going to go after, and in what venue?

This is where trade policy's come in to play unless you want to take them to the world court in Den Hague.

Arnie

ozflea said:
Looks riggy didge to me but i don't come from New Zealand just in case you can't work out what NZ stands for.

Anyway we all need to retire sooner or later, i see your American millionaires are pouring there hard earnt money into China after the cheap labour market.

China has the fastest growing economy in the world, so who cares that they can't spell Steel. oops Stihl.

Mc Bob.

You are spot on Ozflea. Free trade at its best. Walmartization of the world. IMF. World trade organization. It all equals more worker displacement in the world somewhere. Yeah go reap the profits corporate america at the expense of your own economy. One day the people will figure out the master plan. LOL.>>>>>>>>>personally makes me ill. Hey maybe Stihl is the investor>>ever thought about that.

Arnie

Arnie

:help: Just a warning!
These Chinese copycat saws are real pieces of crap, spend the extra money and get the real McCoy. The last two weeks I have repaired two chinese copycat cutoff saws(a duplicate Partner 700 except blue plastics). Someone with a trailer load of this crap came thru town selling it for about 1/2 price of what new OEM units sell for. These saws are made with inferior parts and put together with junk screws. As an example the carbs look like HS series tillotson but are branded RUI+ING I replaced the carbs on both units with Tillotson carburetors and finally got them to run and idle correctly. I would consider these to be throw-away saws (when it breaks throw it in the trash costs more to fix than its worth)JMHO. Also there is no warranty so if it breaks you pay for parts and labor.:cry:
:The opinions expressed here are my own opinions & not AS Admin.:

Robert

You guys are talking so much about being taken over by the Chinese, but if you ask the Chinese what they are worried about, they will tell you India! India has a cheaper labor pool(and more educated) than China does. India has sent its best people(top 10%) over here to learn at our universities. Then they go back home and apply what they have learned to our detriment. Did you know that a large portion of our tax returns, and x-rays, are read in India? I would hate to be an accountant in 20 years. Why pay a lot here when you can get it done there for a fraction of the price.

Globalization is coming whether we like it or not. Unless the country stops its "free trade" policies it will only get worse. It stands to reason: no one in India and China has the kind of standard of living that we do here, so of course we need more for our goods than they do there. We are indeed in trouble, but because we(Americans) tend to go for the "cheapest" deal we can get, we are getting what we paid for.

I think it stinks. I think rules should apply equally to all countries. I think my dad should have gotten a decent price for his wheat and barley instead of having to compete with other countries that could dump subsidized products here with impunity. He had to sell out before he lost everything. We will truly be in dire straits when there are no farmers left and we depend on other countries to feed us. Then we will be the "Third World" country while China and India laugh their keesters off.

Sorry for my rant, but as a teacher, I am having one heck of a time getting the kids to understand the gravity of the situation with China and India. They are so darned busy watching TV, playing video games, and playing with their new toys(from China), that they don't even bother to apply themselves to school. They are the ones who will really see the changes we are beginning to witness.

Well China is a bigger threat than India in myopinion becuase of their expansionist and militaristic bent. On a purely econmic platform, we may be unable to compete with India simply because well educated people over there will work for little to nothing. Basically what will have to happen is either their standard of living will go up and prices for labor will equalize or ours will go down and prices will equalize. Or a little of both. My fear is filling the pockets of China which is at best a rival and at worst an enemy. India is just trying to join the modern world. they are no military threat unless you're Pakistan!

Latest posts

Back