New Stihl 038 from China

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point. I kind of think we will end up having lots of service jobs but not many professional ones. We will always need haircuts, cars fixed, etc.., but with the internet and communications advances I might not even be needed as a teacher. We already use ITV to send our classes to other schools. Who says it can't be done on a multi-national scale.

I worry more about North Korea since China is at least smart enough to know that we have enough nukes to de-populate their country in a hurry. North Korea knows, but doesn't care! Iran, too!

Jack Russell said:
As much as it hurts to admit, Chain has pass the U.S.in exporting. World largest Exporters of Electronics The good old U.S. was the WORLDS largest

Hope this will work Http://newtopcn.en.ailbaba.com/product/50005772/50190156/Cha

Get used to it boys. Your standard of living will drop and drop and drop as you share your workers wealth. A market where you can't compete.

Arnie

stihlatit said:
Get used to it boys. Your standard of living will drop and drop and drop as you share your workers wealth. A market where you can't compete.

Arnie

That's it; I'm moving to Canada! (only 153 miles north... - I think it's north...) :)

_

bama said:
You guys are talking so much about being taken over by the Chinese, but if you ask the Chinese what they are worried about, they will tell you India! India has a cheaper labor pool(and more educated) than China does. India has sent its best people(top 10%) over here to learn at our universities. Then they go back home and apply what they have learned to our detriment. Did you know that a large portion of our tax returns, and x-rays, are read in India? I would hate to be an accountant in 20 years. Why pay a lot here when you can get it done there for a fraction of the price.

Globalization is coming whether we like it or not. Unless the country stops its "free trade" policies it will only get worse. It stands to reason: no one in India and China has the kind of standard of living that we do here, so of course we need more for our goods than they do there. We are indeed in trouble, but because we(Americans) tend to go for the "cheapest" deal we can get, we are getting what we paid for.

I think it stinks. I think rules should apply equally to all countries. I think my dad should have gotten a decent price for his wheat and barley instead of having to compete with other countries that could dump subsidized products here with impunity. He had to sell out before he lost everything. We will truly be in dire straits when there are no farmers left and we depend on other countries to feed us. Then we will be the "Third World" country while China and India laugh their keesters off.

Sorry for my rant, but as a teacher, I am having one heck of a time getting the kids to understand the gravity of the situation with China and India. They are so darned busy watching TV, playing video games, and playing with their new toys(from China), that they don't even bother to apply themselves to school. They are the ones who will really see the changes we are beginning to witness.

Your rant is right on. Never feel sorry about your opinion unless you were wrong.

Arnie

stihlatit said:
Andy its happening here too better stay there and fight it, unless your coming for a visit. Lol. If you are go through Wisconsin and make a stop there too. LOL.

Arnie

What's in Wisconsin? other than cheese?

Diesel JD said:
Well China is a bigger threat than India in myopinion becuase of their expansionist and militaristic bent. On a purely econmic platform, we may be unable to compete with India simply because well educated people over there will work for little to nothing. Basically what will have to happen is either their standard of living will go up and prices for labor will equalize or ours will go down and prices will equalize. Or a little of both. My fear is filling the pockets of China which is at best a rival and at worst an enemy. India is just trying to join the modern world. they are no military threat unless you're Pakistan!

You are spot on Diesel.

Arnie

04ultra said:
Andy We'll leave the lite on for ya..:givebeer: :cheers: :cheers:
Stop by on your way my fridge is huge..In Wi. that is.. I could have you clean my saws to.

Ah ha - So Wisconsin is the place where Location = "blank".. What are you hiding from? :clap:

If you want to see my latest "clean", check out trading post and
"attn: novaman".

Lakeside53 said:
Ah ha - So Wisconsin is the place where Location = "blank".. What are you hiding from? :clap:

If you want to see my latest "clean", check out trading post and
"attn: novaman".

Andy if you are coming to Canada stop and pick Steve up and come to Ontario and we can have some good old super brews. canadian strength.:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Arnie

stihlatit said:
Andy if you are coming to Canada stop and pick Steve up and come to Ontario and we can have some good old super brews. canadaian strength.:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Arnie

Hoh duh yu spill canadien?:monkey:

bama said:
Good point. I kind of think we will end up having lots of service jobs but not many professional ones. We will always need haircuts, cars fixed, etc.., but with the internet and communications advances I might not even be needed as a teacher. We already use ITV to send our classes to other schools. Who says it can't be done on a multi-national scale.

I worry more about North Korea since China is at least smart enough to know that we have enough nukes to de-populate their country in a hurry. North Korea knows, but doesn't care! Iran, too!

You are correct. We will however always need teachers but you will be working for less and have fewer rights as a citizen.
Korea is the latest USA propaganda threat on nukes so dont be alarmed yet. It's what your government likes to do.

Arnie

Um we have/had JI Case, Nordberg Diesel, Allis Chalmers, Ariens, Brillion Iron works, American Motors, Vortoc air cleaner, Donaldson, Webster Hydraulic, Massey Harris Ferguson, Modine radiator, Baraboo Army ammunition plant, Snap-on tools, SC Johnson wax, Mercury Marine, Manitowoc ship yard, Waukesha engines, the packers and Point beer Oh, G Heilaman and Miller brewing too. Harry Houdini and McCulloch even got their start here. Far as I know Canada had/has canoes, one of the Blues Brothers, Pioneer and Frontier chainsaws and a really wicked fighter plane that was cut up for scrap. And some car pieces east of Detoit. I guess yous also made a park of the Terex Titan too. SO we be doing better than your whole country maybe ya think.

Marco said:
Um we have/had JI Case, Nordberg Diesel, Allis Chalmers, Ariens, Brillion Iron works, American Motors, Vortoc air cleaner, Donaldson, Webster Hydraulic, Massey Harris Ferguson, Modine radiator, Baraboo Army ammunition plant, Snap-on tools, SC Johnson wax, Mercury Marine, Manitowoc ship yard, Waukesha engines, the packers and Point beer Oh, G Heilaman and Miller brewing too. Harry Houdini and McCulloch even got their start here. Far as I know Canada had/has canoes, one of the Blues Brothers, Pioneer and Frontier chainsaws and a really wicked fighter plane that was cut up for scrap. And some car pieces east of Detoit. I guess yous also made a park of the Terex Titan too. SO we be doing better than your whole country maybe ya think.

It is amazing that as an american that you know 2% of what Canada stands for most know nothing at all. Congrats.

We also have Frenchman and igloos.

We invented basketball and we have Gretzky and we burned the Whitehouse in 1812. There I feel better and you are smarter.

Arnie

stihlatit said:
It is amazing that as an american that you know 2% of what Canada stands for most know nothing at all. Congrats.

We also have Frenchman and igloos.

Arnie

We have igloos too, so now you're back to 1%:cheers: yes, Alaska is in the USA...

Latest posts

Back