New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can push that pile right into the bucket of another loader if you have two on a job. Or push stuff to the curb right next to the truck for the guys to shovel it in. I love the rake

Are you referring to a custom rake holder? I don't remember seeing one by branch manager

Edit: I see you have already practiced the two loader technique. Do you typically have both on the job?

You can push that pile right into the bucket of another loader if you have two on a job. Or push stuff to the curb right next to the truck for the guys to shovel it in. I love the rake

Are you referring to a custom rake holder? I don't remember seeing one by branch manager

Edit: I see you have already practiced the two loader technique. Do you typically have both on the job?

I was amazed at how well the rake filled the other loader bucket. That was heavy stuff too (I was just finishing it up there).

I usually just have one machine on the job, but if it’s a big job sometimes two. (I could’ve definitely used the two machines method on that big stump job we did a couple weeks back).

Dave does make a rack for it too, I’ve seen it in one of the rake videos, not sure if he sells them or not still. Not like a good fabricator couldn’t bend something up easy enough, just if you could buy something to take the thinking out of it why not (long as it’s not too expensive).

I was thinking of a rake holder that mounts to my dump trailer on the outside using square tubing that slides into each other like a trailer hitch (with pins). That way if I ever do need it as a dump trailer I could just take it out.

I was amazed at how well the rake filled the other loader bucket. That was heavy stuff too (I was just finishing it up there).

I usually just have one machine on the job, but if it’s a big job sometimes two. (I could’ve definitely used the two machines method on that big stump job we did a couple weeks back).

Dave does make a rack for it too, I’ve seen it in one of the rake videos, not sure if he sells them or not still. Not like a good fabricator couldn’t bend something up easy enough, just if you could buy something to take the thinking out of it why not (long as it’s not too expensive).
We always just grapple it in the machine for transport. Haven't felt the need for a specialized mount but that does sound cool.

With this warmer weather, work is sort of finally picking up. We were full time the last two weeks. Hope we can manage that way until spring. P.S. the grab rake is amazing for pushing snow!

The rake is great. Mine get used at least 3 times a week.

All this talk of mechanical rakes makes me think I need one. We usually use the rake grapple bucket or more commonly now, the bottom edge of the five finger grapple, which works surprisingly well, but can be a bit ‘bare earth’.

All this talk of mechanical rakes makes me think I need one. We usually use the rake grapple bucket or more commonly now, the bottom edge of the five finger grapple, which works surprisingly well, but can be a bit ‘bare earth’.

You’d love it. Would work great on your sun tortured snake ridden earth lol.

You’d love it. Would work great on your sun tortured snake ridden earth lol.
February is certainly sun tortured. Even the snakes hide.

Have been dwelling in cooler parts, for two months anyway.

Looks like it would work with the five finger grapple. Does it work for trees this big?

mf-1-jpg.1059319

Attachments

• MF 1.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 118
A little spring cleanup this morning. Started testing the rake cleaning up firewood splitting slag and just went sick.

Two thumbs up on the rake. I gotta hand it to Dave, dude is on it! I was thinking of how to carry it on the trailer, then I see he’s already got a rake holder, might look into that.
View attachment 1059080View attachment 1059082View attachment 1059081View attachment 1059083
Nice work, looking great. I have the exact same splitter it’s been pretty much bulletproof!

February is certainly sun tortured. Even the snakes hide.

Have been dwelling in cooler parts, for two months anyway.

Looks like it would work with the five finger grapple. Does it work for trees this big?

mf-1-jpg.1059319

I don’t think I’m man enough to climb a 297’ tree… let alone rake it to death. Lol. I’m sorry, but when you need a wheelbarrow just to bring your climbing line to the tree, that’s where I tap out.

Nice work, looking great. I have the exact same splitter it’s been pretty much bulletproof!

It’s been a good little splitter, always did its thing for me. The Briggs it came with always had recoil issues (cheap plastic dogs). They stopped making parts for the engine, so for years we just wrapped a rope around the metal hub on the flywheel. Something finally happened to the engine and I put a different one on it (forget the make at the moment), she’s been purring ever since.

What model Deere have you got there?

Not 297ft, but sketchy enough for a later afternoon.

One hanging over our heads literally on a five day job, dead, brittle, decaying, heavy, big slabs of bark raining down. Also a veteran habitat tree & full of hollows.

Just had to send one huge limb over the carpark & coronet the remaining section, but still not heaps of fun.

8BF8FC2B-9F12-4D70-B51C-87F741319750.jpeg

094D513F-2A0C-433D-BD75-A46594994B38.jpeg

7E7AB347-DFB8-4D27-B9D6-92C008C50882.jpeg

4456EF4C-C0BB-4146-A995-50817A657E0D.jpeg

BC357072-6E89-45E3-ADAA-69EC59F31853.jpeg

Dang! I'm sorry man!

On the bright side, at least it wasn't a new truck, you'd probably be waiting a year and a half for a replacement.
True!

Honestly we rarely use both trucks simultaneously. I might not end up replacing it and just using the 75 footer. Need more cdl drivers...

Or depending on the insurance payout I'll have enough to make a generous downpayment to join the spider lift bandwagon!

True!

Honestly we rarely use both trucks simultaneously. I might not end up replacing it and just using the 75 footer. Need more cdl drivers...

Or depending on the insurance payout I'll have enough to make a generous downpayment to join the spider lift bandwagon!

That's the spirit!! Lol

The Dino 92RXT is on the cover of tree and landscape trader. Looks pretty nice. They say "many units in stock". Might wanna jump on something before the season heats up. Just saying...

on a good note, looks like there wasnt a chipper on the back? sorry about the truck, thats another reason I want to swap over to a spider lift, these bucket trucks are insanely top heavy and un stable

That's the spirit!! Lol

The Dino 92RXT is on the cover of tree and landscape trader. Looks pretty nice. They say "many units in stock". Might wanna jump on something before the season heats up. Just saying...
Not a bad idea. We'll see what the ins. co says.

Thankfully, no chipper on the back as I imagine that would have been totaled too.

Latest posts

Back