New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch the lawn!! lol

Bit like that at the back end of summer. Savour my own lush green lawn after a long day in the heat. Sleep on it most nights in summer.

Just to prove we don't just put holes in dusty, dry ground....

(back in spring, when the snakes where coming out of hibernation)

gg1-jpg.1062972

gg2-jpg.1062973

Attachments

• GG2.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 238
  • GG1.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 246
Lol, no criminal activity for the MDS these days.

I was mostly joking/venting with my list. Tree work is tree work, that’s never gonna change, and all these things I’ve known for years. I wouldn’t still be doing it if I didn’t love it.

And I can honestly say that in 27 years of doing my own jobs, there has never been an injury (other than when I broke one of the bones in my own forearm), so I guess I’ve succeeded so far with the most important part anyway.

Bit like that at the back end of summer. Savour my own lush green lawn after a long day in the heat. Sleep on it most nights in summer.

Just to prove we don't just put holes in dusty, dry ground....

(back in spring, when the snakes where coming out of hibernation)

gg1-jpg.1062972

gg2-jpg.1062973

You see that video of the Komodo dragon tossing back that whole hog!!?? Lol, at least you don’t have those (yet). Truly evil looking thing. Imagine getting snatched by one of those while gassing up the 500i or heading out with the surfboard!!

That's looking relatively cool for Perth, which is about 300km away from me & that is far too close for my liking.

We're about 4-8 degrees (C) cooler, being further south & more of a localised temperate maritime climate.

Like a snowy forecast. Looking to move to a higher latitude climate.

You see that video of the Komodo dragon tossing back that whole hog!!?? Lol, at least you don’t have those (yet). Truly evil looking thing. Imagine getting snatched by one of those while gassing up the 500i or heading out with the surfboard!!

Had a look at that, poor piglet!!

I'm a big fan of the varanid's. We've got the next size down, the perentie, a magnificent lizard. But the saltwater crocodile smashes them all. Pigs are just a snack for them & the feral pigs know it. They are something to be very, very wary of.

Makes the American gator look like a toothless salamander.

On the subject of predatory animals, last weekend I went to the funeral of the daughter of a very good friend of mine. She was 16, killed by a shark while swimming in the river. Had known her since she was born & her devoted parents had put a lot into making her a confident, nature girl. Really sad.

Had a look at that, poor piglet!!

I'm a big fan of the varanid's. We've got the next size down, the perentie, a magnificent lizard. But the saltwater crocodile smashes them all. Pigs are just a snack for them & the feral pigs know it. They are something to be very, very wary of.

Makes the American gator look like a toothless salamander.

On the subject of predatory animals, last weekend I went to the funeral of the daughter of a very good friend of mine. She was 16, killed by a shark while swimming in the river. Had known her since she was born & her devoted parents had put a lot into making her a confident, nature girl. Really sad.

Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. That's horrible.

Lol, no criminal activity for the MDS these days.

I was mostly joking/venting with my list. Tree work is tree work, that’s never gonna change, and all these things I’ve known for years. I wouldn’t still be doing it if I didn’t love it.

And I can honestly say that in 27 years of doing my own jobs, there has never been an injury (other than when I broke one of the bones in my own forearm), so I guess I’ve succeeded so far with the most important part anyway.
I get it. Lots of frustrations with this industry-or any construction related trade! I think it's quite a balance between finding quality employees who are team players and customers who are willing to pay for good work instead of the good time Charlies.

If running a business was easy everyone would do it!

20230309_090306.jpg

Directed traffic while the guys took out some sketchy trees for the cable company.

Tell you what, standing with a sign constantly watching the street each way is even more exhausting than doing the actual work! Mentally exhausting at least. The guys who do that 40 plus hours per week are resilient.

Looks like snow tomorrow. I may call our trim job off. Buds are already starting to break on silver maples.

"Traffic management"

Not a job I envy....

They charge nearly as much a tree crews around here I believe, for putting out a few cones, maybe some 'Stop' & 'Go' & sitting in their truck eating pies.

View attachment 1064842

Directed traffic while the guys took out some sketchy trees for the cable company.

Tell you what, standing with a sign constantly watching the street each way is even more exhausting than doing the actual work! Mentally exhausting at least. The guys who do that 40 plus hours per week are resilient.

Looks like snow tomorrow. I may call our trim job off. Buds are already starting to break on silver maples.

Been a steadily solid few weeks since being back on deck.

Height of summer.

Hot & dusty, we're ready for some rain. I'll happily take snow too....

hs1-jpg.1065174

hs2-jpg.1065175

hs3-jpg.1065176

hs4-jpg.1065177

hs5-jpg.1065178

Attachments

• HS1.JPG
    9.9 MB · Views: 72
  • HS2.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 75
  • HS3.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 72
  • HS4.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 71
  • HS5.JPG
    11.3 MB · Views: 70
Height of summer - 4.

h16-jpg.1065191

h17-jpg.1065192

h19-jpg.1065193

h20-jpg.1065194

h22-jpg.1065196

h21-jpg.1065195

Attachments

• H16.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 79
  • H17.JPG
    11.1 MB · Views: 85
  • H19.JPG
    11.3 MB · Views: 83
  • H20.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 83
  • H21.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 82
  • H22.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 84
  • H18.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 0
Some sweet action shots! That you in the blue or yellow helmet?

You and your team have quite the knack for photography.

Neither. I wear a red helmet.

But it is really handy to have a team that is nearly all competent climbers. One issue we have is deciding who gets to climb the 'fun' trees, so with the heat we tend to alternate.

The young Italian guy in the yellow green helmet is relatively new & frothing on the rapid development of his 'hard' skills. He's a good mix of enthusiasm & precision, being a paraglider & stunt rider from the north of Italy, he loves to run toward a challenge rather than away.

Back