New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helmstien has some good advice.

I think what you've done so far is pretty exceptional when other kids your age spend all their time playing video games. I appreciate that you are a real "go-getter" willing to take risks on a business and be your own man.

That said, at your age and experience level you should stick with smaller, easier jobs. You could easily market a brush chipping service and "small jobs" and do well. Funny thing is that stacking small, easier jobs can be a better money maker than doing the difficult ones. With just you and your equipment you can easily make 1000-1500 per day like that. Getting a stump grinder will help you with this strategy too.

If I can be painfully honest with you, I'm trying to imagine a customer, after having larger companies turn them down, be willing to hire a 16 year old for a large, dangerous tree. If I can be totally frank, it seems immoral of them to put you at that kind of risk.

An overconfident attitude is what gets people seriously injured or killed and I'm concerned about you.

I don't mean to take the wind out of your sails. I think your work ethic is pretty awesome and I know you can do really well with the right strategy. I just don't want you to die.

Well said.

The more you know, the more you realise what you don’t know.

Latest posts

Back