New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new decals and crappy rattle can paint fixes on the bucket truck, got more to fix but need more paint first, 4 cans barely fixed the major issues on the box
edit: I also put a pintle hitch on the front bumper to push the chipper into tight spots, steering lock in this truck is half what it needs to be to back up the chipper
View attachment 991833
View attachment 991834

o_O

I see the Kojacks are still muddy from the last customers front lawn. :laugh:

Chipper axle looks bent too, might wanna get on that…

I have been saying that from the moment he got here, but you guys just keep on with him so I gave up calling for him to be moved to 101,,
Jeff
It was my understanding that we were suppose to ghost him and not reply to anything he said. I don’t have any animosity towards him and wish him luck; I just don’t think he fits well in the thread.

Had a short, powerful storm blow through last weekend. Wrecked this elm tree. Got a new to me tool box too. I’ve always tried to repair everything in house and it’s even more imperative now with equipment costs these days and how backed up most repair businesses are due to labor shortages and parts supply issues.031AD0E7-DDE6-4E52-997C-F1219C60DB80.jpeg371BE396-1EE8-4463-88FE-5A651DBCFB96.png

A local Amish guy died doing tree work last week. Was up in a dead ash and after he roped a limb down the base failed and it fell over with him up about 40’. Always tough to hear, especially since he left a wife and children behind. Pretty much any dead ash around here isn’t safe to climb anymore, and definitely not safe to rig out of. I’ll climb fat ones and bomb the limbs, that’s about it.

I have been saying that from the moment he got here, but you guys just keep on with him so I gave up calling for him to be moved to 101,,
Jeff

You soon will not be welcomed here! You are doing the exact thing that made MDS create his own thread. Come on kid. We're not here to be annoying.

This is an incredible resource for someone like your self. Start respecting it!

You guys do know there is no such thing as minimum qualifications to post in this forum, right?
I'd say that anyone doing tree service for a living is certainly qualified to post here, and especially if they have professional equipment. If you don't like someone's participation, then ignore them. That's why we offer that feature.

Kindly desist all the personal attacks and discouragement. If you don't like what someone posts, either ignore it or tell them your thoughts about that post. Discouraging participation here is called harassing another member, and might get you blocked from a thread or banned. Bottom line: be nice. If you think someone has posted unacceptable content, be sure to put a report on it.

Our common goal in this forum is to share & exchange experience, knowledge, and to a certain extent, camaraderie. By driving other members away, you are defeating the purpose of this forum.

Might take a little time to come together, but this is where I’ll be posting from now on. I just (respectfully of course) think it’s time for a change. So let’s do it.

This should be a place where we can all discuss tree work/equipment, and post pics (stills welcome, as well as videos lol) like men, without the bs we’ve had going on in the past. Let us all get a fresh start!! After all, we’re supposed to be grown men here. Let’s try and act like it!

There, I did it! Now let’s ****ing go, you pussies!!! Lol

I think you have forgotten why you started this thread. Here's a reminder. Post #3 in this thread.
I think this should be the kind of thread that all of us should feel welcome to post in. New guys as well. You don’t have to be master tree guys to post in my thread, just good dudes with something slightly relevant or interesting to offer is all.

Sigh… whatever. Was already working on moderation myself. I remember now how the site died the first time and we lost anybody worth anything except a scant few.

I’ll be fine, no worries.

I dont get the "name calling"
MDS should be able to call me whatever he feels like
I will admit I can be annoying, but I will also admit to deleting my apology about that earlier

A local Amish guy died doing tree work last week. Was up in a dead ash and after he roped a limb down the base failed and it fell over with him up about 40’. Always tough to hear, especially since he left a wife and children behind. Pretty much any dead ash around here isn’t safe to climb anymore, and definitely not safe to rig out of. I’ll climb fat ones and bomb the limbs, that’s about it.

Sorry to hear that as well.

One of the questions on the oral part of my CT arborist test was “when is it safe to climb a dead tree”? Of course being a dumb ass tree guy I was like “well, I’ve seen elms that have been standing dead forever still have good hinge wood, blah, blah, blah”. At the end of the test the guy was like “btw, the correct answer is it’s never safe to climb a dead tree”. I felt kind of stupid, but he alluded to the fact that I passed so I didn’t care. I’ll never forget that one again though.

You guys do know there is no such thing as minimum qualifications to post in this forum, right?
I'd say that anyone doing tree service for a living is certainly qualified to post here, and especially if they have professional equipment. If you don't like someone's participation, then ignore them. That's why we offer that feature.

Kindly desist all the personal attacks and discouragement. If you don't like what someone posts, either ignore it or tell them your thoughts about that post. Discouraging participation here is called harassing another member, and might get you blocked from a thread or banned. Bottom line: be nice. If you think someone has posted unacceptable content, be sure to put a report on it.

Our common goal in this forum is to share & exchange experience, knowledge, and to a certain extent, camaraderie. By driving other members away, you are defeating the purpose of this forum.
We just want a fun place to post and zin trees is bringing the energy from 101 to this new thred. I'm just asking for him to grow up. No need to be policed!

Thanks

Had a short, powerful storm blow through last weekend. Wrecked this elm tree. Got a new to me tool box too. I’ve always tried to repair everything in house and it’s even more imperative now with equipment costs these days and how backed up most repair businesses are due to labor shortages and parts supply issues.View attachment 991848View attachment 991849
I had been waiting on my 1000hr service for my giant 254t with my dealer since March. It was just done this past week. I tell all my buddies that do tree work. With the parts and labor shortages, your equipment is not getting fixed /worked on like the old days. All the machines should be getting top dollar for every hour because it's not guaranteed It will be worked on in a timely manner.

Nice tool box btw!

I had been waiting on my 1000hr service for my giant 254t with my dealer since March. It was just done this past week. I tell all my buddies that do tree work. With the parts and labor shortages, your equipment is not getting fixes /worked on like the old days. All the machines should be getting top dollar for every hour because it's not guaranteed It will be worked on in a timely manner.

Nice tool box btw!

My new Omme has been down since April 27th. They did come out right away and try to fix it, then came back with another part, that didn’t work. They finally managed to fold it up and haul it away probably a little better than three weeks ago. The big aluminum hyd block, or “manifold” has something faulty inside it I guess (only happened once before to they guy from Denmark’s knowledge and that was on a PB). They’ve been waiting on a new one all this time. Apparently they outsource them from another company, and you guessed it, supply chain issues. I’d hate to see what that would’ve cost me if not under warranty for another five or six months!! You would think they could front me a payment, but the guy says that’s “unfortunately not the way it works”. I know I’m really too easy on people in these sorts of situations, but let’s face it, I need them more than they need me.

Lol, looks like the no fun bus stopped by and has its reds out kiddies!!:laugh:

Back