New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vice mount for the chip truck. This has been in the works for a while now. Took me a while to find a vise worthy of mounting on the side of the truck. Made out of stainless steel. I've got a great guy who does my fabrication work.

We had a vice in the back of an old ford bucket for a guy I worked for back in the day. I still miss that thing sometimes. Just never got around to putting one on mine. Have a nice vice mount (factory) on the 19xpc, but the rotation stripped out and haven’t got to replacing that yet either. I just don’t have the time and energy it seems. Must be nice having a brother/partner in that respect!

Awesome. Now that you’ve saved all that money getting the second crew armored up you can think about a new lift next lol.
Next thing I need is a bigger, badder chipper!

Maybe someday on that lift. They just lowered the price on the 87' easy lift to 143k. 20k less than my house was but still tempting!

These f’n trees. I remember when trees like this were an entirely different game from what they are now. A grcs and an omme makes things a hell of a lot better. Just better know what you’re doing or it’ll all turn south in a flash. This ain’t no childrens work. Lol.
I do the same trees every single day, no lift or GRCS
We get it done, although the GRCS is probably next, Stein has a similar unit for a third the cost, probably going to get that one, even tho its a winch and not a capstan, still has the bollard, no drill option tho, but really thats enough for us
still only got 3 rings, 2 blocks and a cheap pulley, homemade portawrap, 200ft rigging line, 150ft rigging line (trueblue and stablebraid), dont need no stinkin potty lift

although I do use my 12K winch on the bucket truck for pulling trees over all the time
just put new tracks on the boxer, got some stickers to remove, and new ones to put on soon, along with a pressure wash, maybe tomorrow, job im doing is no rush, and my branch manager arrives monday (instead of 2 weeks like I thought) so I have time to wash, and do stickers on stuff

1659144310833.png

Totally unrelated, but just thinking out loud…

The problem I have with crane work, as cool and efficient as it is (can be), is it seems to make these fledgling beginners look and feel better than they actually are (to the untrained eye). I mean show me something real, show me what you can do with ropes and skill, because in the end that’s all a real treeman has anyway… I’m talking rubber hitting the road type deal, no access. Crane, smane. Just saying.

Totally unrelated, but just thinking out loud…

The problem I have with crane work, as cool and efficient as it is (can be), is it seems to make these fledgling beginners look and feel better than they actually are (to the untrained eye). I mean show me something real, show me what you can do with ropes and skill, because in the end that’s all a real treeman has anyway… I’m talking rubber hitting the road type deal, no access. Crane, smane. Just saying.
I get ya! Especially the fancy pants grapple saw cranes.... And the bucket babies who never learned to climb!

Having said that, there are some guys who may not know a lot about trees but they are just good businessmen and they figure out a system that works for them. I mean, with a grapplesaw crane you can easily make 30k in a week with 2 guys. Those machines are amazing... you just have to keep the work flowing in!

This bad boy just drove in from Michigan! I need to shell out some cash for cosmetic work but I think it's going to work well for us. I've already got trees lined up where I know we'll need the elevator.
20220730_200838.jpg

Lol. Mine was 207k and paid for. Ice cold a/c and 330hp Cummins. 7k miles. Oh, and 4x4. So what was your point again Laura?
my point is I dont need AC, dont need 330HP, and I can get unstuck without 4x4 (did it day 1 with the truck, meanwhile it kept sliding towards a house 5ft away, woodchips and limbs FTW)
and 207K, my whole company cost less, and can do almost any job you have posted pictures of on here, only ever called a climber ONE time for a job we couldnt do

excited for my BMG, got an estimate tomorrow, 4 the day after, 3 for a real-estate agent, one more for a passer-by, and got a full week of work to do after those, once I get 4 out of the 5 estimates I will have another week and about 10 more estimates to do
edit: just got a call from a friend who bought our old house down in florida, he wants me to come work for him lol

Latest posts

Back