New to me 575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cus_deluxe

Commie Satan turd
Reaction score
Just returned from another great wknd in the u.p. and came into possession of my old mans 575xp (built in 2006). I know there are many threads on here about this saw and some issues they have, but most are old and wanted to start something new regarding things to watch out for. I believe 2006 was the first year of this saw, and there were some bearing problems with early ones? Im not a pro logger, mostly firewooding with some bigger tree jobs here and there. it will certainly be an occasional use saw that will most likely never wear a bigger bar than the 24" shown in photo.
575xp.jpeg

nobody? gotta bring this to the top only because im pretty stoked about this thing but want to know a little more about it. last thread i could find about it was 4 or 5 years old (other than trading post threads).

Does your old man know that it came into your possession? :)
No seriously, been lookin at those myself.
Would like to see how it holds up to a 440 mag for comparison.
thats a u suck x2. Ya got to go to the UP, and picked up a saw!!

haha great question, and as a matter of fact he doesn't yet know it came into my possession. long story short, my old man is a first rate POS and he abandoned this (and the 272 i now own) among many other things at a piece of property he used to own (and got evicted from) and i was lucky enough to have the chance to clear his belongings. This beauty is next on the list to remove (not my mom but the hardcore utility vehicle).unimog.jpeg

Does your old man know that it came into your possession? :)
No seriously, been lookin at those myself.
Would like to see how it holds up to a 440 mag for comparison.
thats a u suck x2. Ya got to go to the UP, and picked up a saw!!
to actually answer your question, ive never run an 044/440. in fact this is the biggest saw ive ever used. it seems so far to be a very smooth runner with plenty of power for me. It is fairly heavy but for occasional use its fine by me :cool:

Stronger, smoother (my one complaint about the 044/440), and heavier. I've rebuilt a few and one is in the hands of a tree service that has beat it mercilessly for at least three years without a problem.

Oh yeah, UNIMOG.

thanks murph, any thoughts on the bearing issues ive heard about? certainly feels strong and smooth ( and heavy :()

I didn't look it up but I think they were introduced in 03 or so. The bearing problems were fixed before your 06 model I had a 05 that was great and its present owner uses it a lot without any problems. Your going to like it a lot.

A 044 Mag don't want no part of one I can tell you that.

I didn't look it up but I think they were introduced in 03 or so. The bearing problems were fixed before your 06 model I had a 05 that was great and its present owner uses it a lot without any problems. Your going to like it a lot.

A 044 Mag don't want no part of one I can tell you that.
glad to hear it, for some reason i thought '06 was the first year. seems to be a ripper for sure. needs a good cleaning, and probably gonna go with a 20" 3/8" 8 pin setup, as i said ill be buckin firewood, not dropping 2-3' trees and am hoping for reliability and power. first thing i did was tune carb to max rich just to be safe (it seemed to rev to the moon before...)

glad to hear it, for some reason i thought '06 was the first year. seems to be a ripper for sure. needs a good cleaning, and probably gonna go with a 20" 3/8" 8 pin setup, as i said ill be buckin firewood, not dropping 2-3' trees and am hoping for reliability and power. first thing i did was tune carb to max rich just to be safe (it seemed to rev to the moon before...)

Just so you know, those have a rev limited coil on them so don't be fooled by it when tuning the saw. You cannot tune it by ear unless in the wood. A tach is really needed on these. I ended up taking the limiters off of mine after it broke in to keep it under 13,500.

Latest posts

Back