New to me 575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
currently my favorite 70cc saw, it has a wide power band and is torquey like a pre epa saw. it feels and sounds deceptively tame but has plenty of power, more than my 272. it sips fuel. i got mine as a non-runner. it had a bad coil. i ordered a new non-limited coil from baileys but it was too fat and wouldn't bolt up. the coil from my 385 did fit and seems to be non-limited. the baileys coil fit the 385 and lives there now. i got the saw because i wanted to prove that stratos were just another epa snafu, but i was wrong.

Those 272's :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

yes, years ago, every sunday night, after we had finished sharpening all the saws for next weeks work, my partner and i would draw pints of san quentin breakout stout from the shop kegulator and commence to arguing, which is the best all around chainsaw ever made? he would insist it was the stihl 046, me the husqvarna 272. he like chevys. i had to have an f250. i have known good tree guys who would tell you straight out that except for their climbing saw, a 272 was the only saw they needed.

yes, years ago, every sunday night, after we had finished sharpening all the saws for next weeks work, my partner and i would draw pints of san quentin breakout stout from the shop kegulator and commence to arguing, which is the best all around chainsaw ever made? he would insist it was the stihl 046, me the husqvarna 272. he like chevys. i had to have an f250. i have known good tree guys who would tell you straight out that except for their climbing saw, a 272 was the only saw they needed.
Fords, Farmalls, and Husqvarnas... just doesn't get any better...

id post pics of my 272 but its a pile of parts. built in 1991 and looks to have never been cleaned. gonna get a good bath and new seals and oil-pump o ring and needed some chainbrake work. bummed though the recoil cover has a bunch of broken fins, typical starter handle damage :mad:

id post pics of my 272 but its a pile of parts. built in 1991 and looks to have never been cleaned. gonna get a good bath and new seals and oil-pump o ring and needed some chainbrake work. bummed though the recoil cover has a bunch of broken fins, typical starter handle damage :mad:
Does it have the same starter assembly as the one in the pics above? With the same style stickers?

Fords, Farmalls, and Husqvarnas... just doesn't get any better...

learned to operate tractor on a little IH cub. i was eight years old, the last year i couldn't throw a bale of hay with two hay hooks. i got the job pulling the trailer thru the field. my tractor now is a 1952 ford 8n, still strong and super reliable.

learned to operate tractor on a little IH cub. i was eight years old, the last year i couldn't throw a bale of hay with two hay hooks. i got the job pulling the trailer thru the field. my tractor now is a 1952 ford 8n, still strong and super reliable.
Grandpa's 46' Farmall A is my first and only. 100% restored now with a sickle bar and a rare pneumatic lift 2 way plow and cultivator set, still with the original paper IH tag and metal ID's on them, never seen dirt. I use the sickle bar to mow local fields and stuff. I'm grateful to have it and it ain't goin anywhere anytime soon.

no its pretty solid. all stock got it from my dad who bought it new in 91. looks like he ran it until it started to slightly act up then took the bar off, set it on the floor in the outhouse, and bought the 575. i just tore the 272 down and there was petrified sawdust and oil totally packed in behind the oil pump which ive never seen. P+c look almost brand new but rest of saw under the plastic is terribly filthy.

Latest posts

Back