New to me.. Pioneer NU-17

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian B.

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I was gifted an in tact NU-17, is there a snowball's chance in breathing life into such an old saw? And- are any parts at all available for it anymore?

I was also given an older- (about the same age) Porter Cable chainsaw- I still need to dig it out of the fellas' rafters. It is big and bulky.. From looking on Acres.net it looks like a 534...

The 534 is in pieces- but it all appears to be present.

Any chances on either of these freaggin' beasties? They are quite cool.

I have a few NU17 parts listed in my store, you don't see many of those...

Not even sure yet, haven't had a chance to give it a thorough once over.. Just curious if anyone had heard of them or if it was a lost cause.

Maybe not a lost cause, but gonna be difficult. Both of mine are locked up tight. But have usable parts on them. When you get to yours, send me a pm with what you might need. Other than a good p/c.

There's a few of them around. You may have noticed they're heavy :)

Maybe not a lost cause, but gonna be difficult. Both of mine are locked up tight. But have usable parts on them. When you get to yours, send me a pm with what you might need. Other than a good p/c.

I think I have a complete one with a good p/c if you need one. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

dd

I have a Porter-Cable 534 that I restored. Search under my name for posts and you should be able to find photos of it. You can expect to need a new ignition coil for it, which is very rare, but not impossible to find.

Back