New to the forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucksport

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I didn't see a place for this, so here it is. I have been told about this forum from my friend SkiWhiz. I live in Maine, so cutting and heating with wood is what I do. I try to get my own wood or buy it tree length if possible. I cut it with my Echo cs 670 saw. I have had it for about a year, and do not see myself buying another anytime soon. I have a Lopi Revere fireplace insert that heats my whole house. I have a hand me down splitter that I have put a 5hp honda engine on myself. This site looks like the best place for any questions I may have.

Couple of need to know items.
1) pics or it never happened
2) if you need a tree id....you gotta send one split to each senior member for proper analysis
3) sense of humor is a necessity
4) there is no such thing as a stupid question...but if you might be displeased with a response, its better to not ask.

Thanks for the welcome :) Move me where you like :)

Just don't show him your "handle". ;o)

There are several Mainers here. I'm not one of them, but have a bit of family in the Rockland area. Welcome. Enjoy. Make sure you review the "rules".

If you don't plan on buying a new saw anytime soon, avoid the chainsaw forum at all costs.
Trust me on this!

Greetings and welcome. We hope you like pie.

First initiation question has to do with the color of your saw, but you already said you had an echo - I approve. It's a good saw, if I do say so myself.

CAD (Chainsaw Addiction Disorder) is the next thing you need around here. You realize of course, that a 670 is far too big for limbing, so you'll need to get a little saw for that. And if you are ever in the woods and you get a saw pinched, then you'll need a mid-sized saw to cut it free, so you'll need at least a couple others. Don't forget a junky 'loaner' saw to let friends and relatives borrow, so you don't have to give them your good saws. (Poulan works best for that). We fully expect you to to have at least 4 saws within 18 months.

There are a few fellows you need to watch out for around here. You'll figure that out soon enough, but the most dangerous one is a guy called 08F150. He's often known as "OneFiddy" or just 08. If you start to hear the word 'snacky', then just run and don't look back. :msp_scared:

Last but not least, please send your AS dues directly to me, payable to "Uncle Moustache Dolmar Fund." (My CAD is kicking in again).

Welcome aboard!

Couple of need to know items.
1) pics or it never happened.
As soon as I firgure out how to post them properly I will have some up :)

2) if you need a tree id....you gotta send one split to each senior member for proper analysis.
I usually don't have many questions about trees, but if I do, will a chunk of coal out of the stove work? ;)

3) sense of humor is a necessity.
I have been on forums for over 10 years, so I have no problem with humor :)

4) there is no such thing as a stupid question...but if you might be displeased with a response, its better to not ask.

See answer to last question :laugh:

Greetings and welcome. We hope you like pie.

First initiation question has to do with the color of your saw, but you already said you had an echo - I approve. It's a good saw, if I do say so myself.
I have been very impressed with it myself :)

CAD (Chainsaw Addiction Disorder) is the next thing you need around here. You realize of course, that a 670 is far too big for limbing, so you'll need to get a little saw for that. And if you are ever in the woods and you get a saw pinched, then you'll need a mid-sized saw to cut it free, so you'll need at least a couple others. Don't forget a junky 'loaner' saw to let friends and relatives borrow, so you don't have to give them your good saws. (Poulan works best for that). We fully expect you to to have at least 4 saws within 18 months..

I actually have an older Craftsman 36cc 16" bar saw that is semi-retired after the Echo was purchased, but after the last bunch of trees that I dropped my arm nearly came detached from limbing with the Echo :eek2: Maybe a new chain will be purchased soon, and probably pulled from retirement ;)

There are a few fellows you need to watch out for around here. You'll figure that out soon enough, but the most dangerous one is a guy called 08F150. He's often known as "OneFiddy" or just 08. If you start to hear the word 'snacky', then just run and don't look back. :msp_scared:
Interesting people make the world go round :msp_thumbsup:

Last but not least, please send your AS dues directly to me, payable to "Uncle Moustache Dolmar Fund." (My CAD is kicking in again).
Since you did not specify what you need to be payed in, your magic toaster is on it's way ;)

It looks like you'll fit right in, Bucksport. Payment in Lobstah is accepted. No shedders please.

Latest posts

Back