new updated 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don5477

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i bought a new 562xp a couple months ago and had some issues with it so husqvarna sent me a new updated one with the new coil,carb and computer on it,the new one is doing the same thing as the old one , runs good just stumbles off throttle when its warm or hot,Ive tried different fuel and oil mix and no change i only cut a cord of firewood with it,can anyone tell me what causes them to stumble off throttle when warm or hot,does not do it at all cold.

I picked up a 562 a few months ago and haven't noticed any trouble. It seems to me when I mix a new batch of fuel it takes about a tank of fuel to learn. Now I could be me but that's the way it seems.

How many tanks of the same batch of fuel have you run though it?

Dan

I picked up a 562 a few months ago and haven't noticed any trouble. It seems to me when I mix a new batch of fuel it takes about a tank of fuel to learn. Now I could be me but that's the way it seems.

How many tanks of the same batch of fuel have you run though it?

Dan

not even a tank about a half tank then i changed the oil and gas mix to see if that was it

I'm sure someone with more time on one will jump in. I'll say I would run 1, 2 maybe 3 tanks of the same mix. I've cut about 8 cords with mine and its still getting better.

i bought a new 562xp a couple months ago and had some issues with it so husqvarna sent me a new updated one with the new coil,carb and computer on it,the new one is doing the same thing as the old one , runs good just stumbles off throttle when its warm or hot,Ive tried different fuel and oil mix and no change i only cut a cord of firewood with it,can anyone tell me what causes them to stumble off throttle when warm or hot,does not do it at all cold.

Check with or PM username mweba. I think he found something on this. :msp_wink: The fix might be over your head even though a simple fix. Heck dont even know if your dealer would do it for you even though it is easy.

Check with or PM username mweba. I think he found something on this. :msp_wink: The fix might be over your head even though a simple fix. Heck dont even know if your dealer would do it for you even though it is easy.

thanks. ill check with mweba on that site

I got a 562 when they first came out and after a bad carb,autotune problem and loose case bolts i sent it down the road. Well today i got another 562 so hopefully all the bugs are worked out on the newer ones.

Stop changing your mix, use a good mix and give the saw time to adjust to everything.

I've been running my 562 over a year now and not a single problem at all. Fantastic saw!

Stop changing your mix, use a good mix and give the saw time to adjust to everything.

I've been running my 562 over a year now and not a single problem at all. Fantastic saw!

Yes. Most times all they need is run time but there are adjustments that can be made.

I got a 562 when they first came out and after a bad carb,autotune problem and loose case bolts i sent it down the road. Well today i got another 562 so hopefully all the bugs are worked out on the newer ones.

this is my second one i just got it a week ago they are updated with the new parts i to had the older one and had all kinds of problems with it this new one does run much better starts a lot easier just having the stumbling when idling to wot other than that it runs great

Get some run time on the saw, ideally on a log pile, and put a couple of tanks through it, only shutting it off to refuel.

It take awhile for the system to adjust an tweak itself out.

Most AT saws I see that have "issues", when checking the run times (idle, mid and high) and especially the number of starts most go like this:

Total run time 18m 20s
idle 12m 42s
mid 3min 17s
high the rest of the time

number of starts 57!~

I know its a fun new toy and ya want to show your friends how cool it is and that it will cure cancer, but do yourself a favour gas and go, add alot more fun to those initial runs.

this is my second one i just got it a week ago they are updated with the new parts i to had the older one and had all kinds of problems with it this new one does run much better starts a lot easier just having the stumbling when idling to wot other than that it runs great

Yeah this one runs better and has wicked throttle response, the other one i had didn't.

My MS441R-CM was doing the samething and I performed the 1 minute calibration and that fixed it. I do not know if Husky has a procedure for calibrating, but if they do you might want to try that.

Check with or PM username mweba. I think he found something on this...

On 2-11-2012, mweba suggested the following on the thread 562xp: "Have your pop off pressure and metering lever checked. This has been the remedy to the stammer in acceleration and hot starts." This may or may not be the answer to your issue, but it is worth a try.

Get some run time on the saw, ideally on a log pile, and put a couple of tanks through it, only shutting it off to refuel.

It take awhile for the system to adjust an tweak itself out.

Most AT saws I see that have "issues", when checking the run times (idle, mid and high) and especially the number of starts most go like this:

Total run time 18m 20s
idle 12m 42s
mid 3min 17s
high the rest of the time

number of starts 57!~

I know its a fun new toy and ya want to show your friends how cool it is and that it will cure cancer, but do yourself a favour gas and go, add alot more fun to those initial runs.

All those starts? Damn thing stalls an awfull lot. .:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back