new updated 562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This part is pretty funny actually. Since he is the handling warranty claims and the saw can be put back to factory condition in seconds, how is that effecting the "warranty status"?

A quick reply.

1. The memorandum of understanding, is just an agreement thats non legally binding and non-legally enforceable. The EPA and Environment Canada have solely an agreement in principle.

2. Not allowing the tank to vent to the atmoshphere. In normal use fumes from the vent are added into the intake charge of fuel in the carb and the AT system compensates (lower overall fuel consumption).

3. The Echo vent allows the tank to vent directly to the atmosphere.

5. Non authorized modifications, pretty simple actually.

A quick reply.

1. The memorandum of understanding, is just an agreement thats non legally binding and non-legally enforceable. The EPA and Environment Canada have solely an agreement in principle.

2. Not allowing the tank to vent to the atmoshphere. In normal use fumes from the vent are added into the intake charge of fuel in the carb and the AT system compensates (lower overall fuel consumption).

3. The Echo vent allows the tank to vent directly to the atmosphere.

5. Non authorized modifications, pretty simple actually.

OK, let me play Devil's advocate with you. As I said I am no mechanic.

There are some issues with hot starts on the new auto tune saws.

Can you explain how this line from the tank to the carb is beneficial to the operation of the saw. Granted it is a small sample size, but mine runs perfect without it, so how can that be if this is so integral to the operation of the saw? The amount of fuel saved by capturing fumes is insignificant.

I still don't believe the earth wil end from the vapors from my chainsaw. Hopefully the EPA storm troopers will not blow me up with a drone when I am walking the dogs in a few minutes. Maybe I'll have to wear white camo to elude them.:cool2:

A quick reply.

I disagree, I don't think that is the intent at all.

I repeat from an earlier post:

OK, this is interesting in that this specfically mentions Canada:

The Canadian government and manufacturers, having entered into a memorandum of understanding regarding emissions standards, also agree to comply with the emissions standards and test procedures cited in EPA regulations.

From this USDA publication.
http://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/html/0...4/02511204.htm

I disagree, I don't think that is the intent at all.

I repeat from an earlier post:

OK, this is interesting in that this specfically mentions Canada:

The Canadian government and manufacturers, having entered into a memorandum of understanding regarding emissions standards, also agree to comply with the emissions standards and test procedures cited in EPA regulations.

From this USDA publication.
http://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/html/0...4/02511204.htm

Thats great, one can hardly find a Canadian Government document that even mentions the EPA.

You do realize that the United States has a Memorandum of Understanding with North Korea concerning Nuclear weapons dont you?

A MOU is in laymens terms is nothing but a kind of gentlemans agreement.

There is a hot start issue on some saws, it is not an accorss the board all AT saws problem, and most of the "issues" are nothing more than operator error. The newer style tank vents would never produce enough fumes to flood a saw. For fun re-attach your line where it should be and see how detrimental it is to your saw.

There are thousands upon thousands of 500 series saws out there running just perfect with the line attached.

I picked up a 562 a few months ago and haven't noticed any trouble. It seems to me when I mix a new batch of fuel it takes about a tank of fuel to learn. Now I could be me but that's the way it seems.

How many tanks of the same batch of fuel have you run though it?

Dan

There it is, you got the only good saw that Husky ever built.:laugh:

Well after having really frustrating problems with mine I brought it back to our saw shop today. Im pretty sure the carb is bad. It wouldn't idle at all and would only stay running if I kept blippin the throttle and it will go to wot and soon as I let off will just die. First tank of fuel. Ran fine for a little bit then just started doing that. Well I brought it back to be fixed. And there's another brand new one I bought with a 24" bar in my truck. So when that one's fixed I'll have two. I have my fingers crossed Monday at work this new one will run normal. Am I stupid for getting another 562? I hope not as I really liked it when it ran fine. So now I will have one with a 18" And one wearing a 24"....only time will tell I guess. Where is the L mitch? Is it like the 550? Behind the plate?

Get some run time on the saw, ideally on a log pile, and put a couple of tanks through it, only shutting it off to refuel.

It take awhile for the system to adjust an tweak itself out.

Most AT saws I see that have "issues", when checking the run times (idle, mid and high) and especially the number of starts most go like this:

Total run time 18m 20s
idle 12m 42s
mid 3min 17s
high the rest of the time

number of starts 57!~

I know its a fun new toy and ya want to show your friends how cool it is and that it will cure cancer, but do yourself a favour gas and go, add alot more fun to those initial runs.

just a reminder to some out there- in most cases this saw works similar to the operator

exceptions possible

In most cases that's probably what needs to happen, run time. But this definitely isn't the case with mine. It wont even start and idle at all. As soon as it will kick you have to keep blippin the throttle or won't even run at all. When I first started it and ran it, it was fine. I put it down and never run right again? Well its outta my hands and the dealer can figure it out. It appears to be just like the 550 Brad had trouble with only worse. He got a new carburetor and it runs good now.

Mine has been great, Mitch Did some work to mine though so it is not stock.

After reading these posts I am glad I havent bought one yet. I will have to wait awhile till husky gets the bugs worked out. Any word on when Stihl is going to release the autotune on the ms261. Thanks

Latest posts

Back