New 'visitor/customer' let them in the shop??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like I said in the begining, I wasn't trying to get my panties in a bunch, I just felt that speaking in another language was not grounds for distrust.

Happy for you that you live in such a place where that can be possible.
Not like that where i am at...
you speak with a heavy accent meens you dont live here and are here for one reason..and will never come near my shop.
to bad those crackheads have to spoil the image of otherwise fine people.
i have friends that are multi lingual,sometimes they wont even tell my about conversations they hear in another language..
Thats the way it is,nice or not and if you ignore it you pay the price.

small dealers are where it's @, no MATTER what business!! they are PERSONABLE, HONEST, and take the BEST CARE of their customers. And the little guys mean JUST as much, if not more.

Yea right! with your attitude you probably use one of Thall's tricks of charging a customer more if he has on polished shoes or is from the wrong zip code. Your words tell me all I need to know about you.
ZG

small dealers are where it's @, no MATTER what business!! they are PERSONABLE, HONEST, and take the BEST CARE of their customers. And the little guys mean JUST as much, if not more.

Yea right! with your attitude you probably use one of Thall's tricks of charging a customer more if he has on polished shoes or is from the wrong zip code. Your words tell me all I need to know about you.
ZG

If i was you i woul hit me with some NEG rep just to show how much better you are .. and THALL also because he is such a lowlife also :)

Happy for you that you live in such a place where that can be possible.
Not like that where i am at...
you speak with a heavy accent meens you dont live here and are here for one reason..and will never come near my shop.
to bad those crackheads have to spoil the image of otherwise fine people.
i have friends that are multi lingual,sometimes they wont even tell my about conversations they hear in another language..
Thats the way it is,nice or not and if you ignore it you pay the price.

Sometimes I'm a little slow, so I'll ask...

What do you mean by heavy accent? Someone from another state who has a heavy regional accent isn't welcome at your shop? If the shops around here, and in Texas in general, refused to deal with Spanish-speaking clients they'd go out of business.

I can understand wanting to protect your business (I live near Telephone Road), but what is a potential customer supposed to think if you're secretive about your business?

I always meet 'em in a public place. Rather not have them know where I live.

See, this (and several similar comments also) is interesting to me. If I am buying something off of Craig's List and the seller wants to meet in a parking lot, I assume that he is selling something that is stolen or there is something fishy going on. Part of what I like about CL over eBay is the ability to see what you are buying in person, and to meet the seller to see if he/she seems like someone I trust.

The driveway/front porch seems to me to be a reasonable compromise.

JMHO

Philbert

I have met plenty of buyers from craigslist at my home! I meet them outside and always have a .45 on my hip and a bug gun in my pocket. I always let them see the gun and if they get nervous or twitchy send them down the road. If they are honest people they will understand and the deal will continue!

I have met plenty of buyers from craigslist at my home! I meet them outside and always have a .45 on my hip and a bug gun in my pocket. I always let them see the gun and if they get nervous or twitchy send them down the road. If they are honest people they will understand and the deal will continue!

I missed a coupla posts along the way...but i thought THIS was interesting. unfortunately, the closest thing I have to a 'firearm' is a Camo Pellet gun! LOL... although the pellet hand gun DOES look like a Beretta 92FS :laugh:

the guy owns a landscaping company.
he was probably speaking spanish to his employees in the background.

like this guy is in the russian mafia or something.... stealing chainsaws from little shops.........:rolleyes:

Volks- I may have missed this before, but with the INVENTORY of saws I have, between myself, customers etc, there is QUITE A BIT TO lOSE :rolleyes:

Oh, and I have NOT seen any of that promised repeat Business... maybe I should call and ask! :D

Latest posts

Back