Newbie w/old ? Help making new saw choice???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keck.sc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all, been reading a while learning much. Thanks to all of you for your opinions. I am a weekend worrior firewood cutter with plenty of respect for top notch equipment. I bought a 351 husky about 5 years ago 18in. bar and have enjoyed every minute running it. However I am cutting more now and bigger hardwoods up to 22in trees and I am looking to buy a saw which will run a 24 in. bar and preform occacionally. I will probably have a 20 in. bar most of the time but when I need the power I want it to be there. Agian thanks for all of your input, looking forward to posting more!:biggrinbounce2:

Well i am new so I can ask dumb questions right? Which 460 and you talking about stihl or husky and who makes the 441? Hope that doesnt make me look 100% dumb!:D

Well i am new so I can ask dumb questions right? Which 460 and you talking about stihl or husky and who makes the 441? Hope that doesnt make me look 100% dumb!:D

He's talking about the MS 460 and MS441, both Stihls.

Id pick up a brand new 372xp since theyre available again in usa...

Last edited:
Thank you all, Only 1 question remains where to find a 372xp and how to tell my wife :laugh: Seriously I will be calling a few local shops to try to find and price one but any in positive feedback of internet selles would be great thanks agian.

:bowdown:

If you are not brand loyal

I would consider a 7900 from Dolmar. I feel it has more Grunt than the 372XP. and could be had for possibly less money

Thank you all, Only 1 question remains where to find a 372xp and how to tell my wife :laugh: Seriously I will be calling a few local shops to try to find and price one but any in positive feedback of internet selles would be great thanks agian.

The Jonsered 2171 is basically the same saw, but make sure you are comfortable with the streight across front handlebar, before you decide to buy one........;)

If you can't find one local AS site sponsor Baileys is a good place to start. Excellent people!!

That's two questions!! Just tell the wife that someone gave it to you as a gift.

Latest posts

Back