Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full Chisel

Full Chisel

Slingin' Stihls and runnin' Huskies
KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
Thanks - looks like Baileys are right that the Cannon C1 covers the K041 as well then - but they fail to mention that it fits the small Stihl (3005) mount saws.....:D

Sadly, it also means that there may be a slight oil leak issue on saws with captive bar nuts.
That little oil leak is not even an issue, and what little that does leak gets absorbed by the saw dust anyways and just falls off. My 550 leaked a little with the Sugi bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the size saw I would normally choose for that task, but she does sound very healthy!

Hope this is more to your liking. Notice how much quicker she gets when she clears the knots... Much better throttle response. Not ported quick, but far better than stock. This is the 7" or so unseasoned Larch I was making stakes out of for electric fencing.

I noticed she was having difficulty oiling with the big cuts I was making the other day. When she was nearly out of fuel, I saw she had a few ounces of oil left, a significant amount more than fuel regardless. I went ahead and ground out the oil holes just a tad and she is oiling a touch better. I'm not gonna torture test her like that any time again soon, but she will find herself on the occasional firewood duty, and that means she will have to tackle larger than usual wood. So thought it would be good insurance.

Gonna send me a ported 242 in return?

But seriously, she has more grunt than the last ported 42 special. I am just not enamored with the throttle response. When I get a set of socketdrivers I'll port it. I tried to pull the intake off, but my sockets aren't deep enough... typical. I never have the right tool handy...

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Gonna send me a ported 242 in return?

But seriously, she has more grunt than the last ported 42 special. I am just not enamored with the throttle response. When I get a set of socketdrivers I'll port it. I tried to pull the intake off, but my sockets aren't deep enough... typical. I never have the right tool handy...

Throttle response seem to be a Husky specialty, and is very important on smaller saws!