Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last forecast I saw said we'd have rain Wed and Thurs, with it drying out by mid Fri....................and then more rain on Sunday afternoon. That was midday Wed. Could be totally different by now...

Bob I was hoping to see your family. And the dinosaur you call a dog. Say hello to Jill for me.

I'll let everyone know you said hello. You should come up here to Felton when we get back. I still have the battery terminals I bought for your truck on my bench.

Here's a picture of Henry doing what he does best

IMG_0042_zpsvdxp8qde.jpg

Aaron. Funny weird thing happened to my 372, the tip of the plug broke off and some how made it into the exhaust. I can hear it rattling around in there. Think you can help me open er up and get it out? Im having trouble breaking those screws, probably havent been turned since the saw was originally built. Also, can you bring that 357 and ill tinker with that boot? Ill order the parts for it.

Tyler we'll get your 372 fixed. The 357 has more issues than I first thought. Looking through the exhaust port I can see some scoring on the piston. That would have happened when that boot leaked and the saw leaned out. Hopefully I can save the cylinder. I will bring it with me and we can pull the jug and take a peek. Then we'll know just what you need to order.

Hope you are feeling better aaron

Great news the both of you. See you today

Thanks Tyler. I'm dragging, but will be up there for at least a few hours today. Will probably check out early so I can get rested up and (hopefully) feeling better for when I'm back Saturday morning. Usual 8AM tailgate meeting on Saturday?

I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Did anyone get any pictures?
And we missed you. Cameras were conspicuously absent. I know Bruce (BrocLuno) got some shots, perhaps he will post 'em up. Mostly we were too busy creating defensible space around the park water tanks, one steel and one redwood, both BIG. Lots of flammable fir located much too close to the tanks to be confident the tanks would survive a fire. And recent fires were only a ridge or two away according to Tyler, so it's a real concern. We didn't clear everything that would be ideal but the tanks are much more likely to survive now than they were a few days ago.
Food and company were both excellent. Lots of yummy sandwich makings for the midday meal. Enough chili was ordered for dinner to feed an army, we just put a dent in it. Perhaps copious leftovers were part of the plan... And best of all, no one got hurt.
This is all I got, looks like everyone (Patti, Jeremy, Kevin, Tyler, Bruce, Nate, Bob, Bill) wanted to remain anonymous - twasn't intentional, just sloppy photo composition.

GTG - 1.jpg

Latest posts

Back