Normal temps have returned.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sitting at 1 degree right now on our way to -4. First subzero night of the year (probably the latest ever). The lake was open out in the middle until this afternoon when the wind died and she finally locked up. Again the latest ever as normally we are driving trucks on the ice by now.

image.jpeg

There is nothing normal about this im in south central kentucky. warm and muddy YAY :mad:
NewExtended.JPG

Back to normal here also, high teens, mid 20s. Out to continue burning brush piles in the morning. Did 10 piles today and 14 last weekend. Still have about 10 to go. Got all the big ones done, now the nuisance, hard to start, small ones.

May not burn any but work on the ones I did today kicking the stobs and chunks together to get a cleaner burn.

Harry K

Sitting at 1 degree right now on our way to -4. First subzero night of the year (probably the latest ever). The lake was open out in the middle until this afternoon when the wind died and she finally locked up. Again the latest ever as normally we are driving trucks on the ice by now.

View attachment 473033

Normal temps have returned for how many days? Three maybe and it's not even cold, then it's back in the 20's for highs. I'm absolutely ok with that. You forget this time last year and the year before? At least you can do stuff outside now. Not having unending sub zeros for a high is a welcome change.

Those crabbing about it being too warm, the pendulum is going to swing back and kick us all in the nuts again.

Still about 10° above the normal (average) around here... mid 30s/low 40s during the day, 20s and 30s overnight (27° right now at 4;00 AM).

I started a small size fire in the furnace at 5:00 AM yesterday and never added a stick of firewood to it. The house had only fallen to 68° by this morning, only 2° below the 70° we keep it during the day, and 1° above the overnight set point. Hardly worth starting a fire, but since I'm up a little earlier than normal and there's still 3 hours till sunrise... tossed a few sticks on the handful of remaining coals.

We did get a couple inches of wet heavy snow over the last couple days... but it will be gone by tomorrow night with the low 30s with sun today, mid 30s with some rain tomorrow. Yippy, more mud. However, today is a White Christmas... wife and kids wanted a White Christmas.

Merry Christmas y'all‼

Oh... and as far as sub-zero temps... we don't even have single digits in our 10-day forecast (I think one or two nights maybe in the teens).

Haven't burned the stove in three days and today I'm engaging in that old New England tradition of opening up the doors and windows and airing out the house 0_O

Only problem I'm having is the ground isn't frozen, and it's a bit spring-muddy like to be using my tractor for some jobs I'd really like to get done before snow comes on Tuesday :/

Back