Normal temps have returned.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just walked the dogs and today we had a slight breeze and 55 degrees. Past week has been in 60s and 100% humidity at 4 am, 70s during day with rain, feeling mid July-ish. Weekend plans of CSS washing away, literally! :(

yep. Carolina is warm today. 77 outside right now. The good thing is I have lots of firewood I might not go through. Next year's wood is almost done. But we'll see what it gets like next month.

Rain and more washouts in our forecast. Several sinkholes have popped up, or fell in, I guess is the proper terms. Have my two year from now wood lined up to cut next week, if the rain will allow it. Easy wood to get to, just nasty weather to cut in.

Still much warmer than normal here but around Tuesday or Wednesday it will be closer to normal with temperatures at or below freezing.

35* here. Wind is letting up a bit, been blowing 30-40mph the last few days. Just a stiff breeze for here, but still a PITA to work outside.
It blew glacier silt all over. My lawn is so dusty I was leaving a cloud today as I drove around on the garden tractor hauling firewood to the porch.

21° here this morning... Winter Storm Warning.
Freezing rain, sleet, ice and snow (up to 12 inches possible)... 30-40 MPH winds, with higher gusts possible.
Predictions of travel becoming impossible by late afternoon due to drifting snow and visibility.
Depending on on the combination of freezing rain, ice and wind there's warnings of possible power lines coming down.

I expect it to be upgraded to a Blizzard Warning sometime today.

And... NO‼ I won't be climbing any towers today.

Its 34 right now, the weather man says 1-3 inches of snow tonight, and 1-3 of wintery mix tomorrow. I predict, I am going to spend all day installing snow tires, for the last minute crowd.

3rd try at going out to burn brush..fail. Breakfast club in town at 6:30 all loaded up and ready to leave from there. Snow began and snowed moderately for all the time I was thee. Highway a glare of ice by then so I canceled any thought of tackling 12 miles of county road. Temp flickering above/below feezing now, stopped snowing almost as soon as I returned home. Next 6 days showing clear but temps doen in th very low 20s and teens for highs. Gonna make another stab at the brush in the morning.

Harry K

65 here today and rain. we have been under flood watch off and on now for at least the last two weeks. Stip Mall in town about to fall into sink holes. Mall built over a creek and the pipes have washed out in at least 3 different places. Seen the wildlife marching two by two up to the top of the mountain. Also saw the lumber truck delivering a pretty big load of lumber in that direction. Said some guy in a robe was building a big boat. Severe rain and thunder storms forecast for tonite, again!

Back