North / South Carolina /Virginia /West VA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to meet everyone, had a blast! Thanks for hosting!

DSCN0767.jpg

DSCN0766.jpg

DSCN0765.jpg

DSCN0764.jpg

DSCN0763.jpg

DSCN0762.jpg

Yup, AWESOME! Had a great crowd, a big thanks to Joe and Zach for hosting.:clap: I left with a new respect for husky, the ported 390 and 395 anyway.:D

My favorite was the DN660 though.:jawdrop:

It was nice to meet everyone, sorry if I didn't get around to ya'll but there was a lot of new faces.:clap: Good to see a big meet like that happen. I told Joe we should do it again at his place.:D

Hey all. This was a great day for me and LP. So glad you all came out. I wont even start to name names cause I'll miss somebody, But just want to say BIG THANKS to everybody. 2K you and the boss are to Much thanks man. Tell Amy since she has made all of um so far we are going to name her the Queen of saws.

The weather was perfect and the turnout was way better than I figured on but the more the better. Thanks again that made this a good GTG.
Joe & Zachary

Joe and Zack,

Thanks, you are awesome hosts and the site was perfect for a GTG.

Brian and Amy,

Thansk for the food and taking all the time to prepare it. Delicious.

To all,

Thanks for an awesome time for me, but most of all for my son, Duncan. The time you all spent with him, the encouragement, the watchful eyes and making him fell so welcome was touching.

On the way home, I called my wife, and she said, "Did Duncan enjoy it?" I said, "Here, ask him" as I handed to phone to Duncan. Here's what I heard:

"It was great and I met a lot of new friends."

"I got to run a two man saw."

"I ran the Mac, the 660, the 390 and the 7900. That 7900 pulls hard ya know Mom?"

He continued on, but I think you get the idea.

My hats off to you all.

Jack/joat

Beautiful Day for a GTG!

Can't thank Smilin' Possum & LP enough for the work they did to host this. You did a great job! :clap: A special thanks to 2K and Amy also, for being our chefs for the day! Great turnout!

Thanks for an awesome time for me, but most of all for my son, Duncan. The time you all spent with him, the encouragement, the watchful eyes and making him fell so welcome was touching.

Jack/joat

Great to see Duncan there! Once he got warmed up there was no stopping him. I think he was probably the "cookie king" for the day.

Great to see Duncan there! Once he got warmed up there was no stopping him. I think he was probably the "cookie king" for the day.

I :agree2: that youngen was having a blast that's what it's all about. I saw the same thing at the last GTG Jack. LP was the newbie and 2K and Lon and Justin let him run their ported saws and that's all he talked about, now he has a new hero. Guess what it's you. He told me before he went to work you had some real cool saws. I agree. Now he is on a mission to get his 394xp done. Glad you and Duncan made it up. Tell him he can come and saw with us anytime.
Joe

Ale glad you made it today, and posting the pictures. Nice to meet you, you got gone and I didn't get a chance to tell you. That is an impressive line up of saws you brought down. Come back anytime.

We had a great time to. My son, David really enjoyed running some of those big saws. Wish we could have stayed longer but we had other commitments.

I didn't get to meet every one there but the ones I did meet are some of the nicest people you could hope to meet. Can't wait till next time.:cheers:

I'd like to also thank Mr. Myers and his family for coming. I think we put the CAD bug in his son David. Next thing you know he'll have as many saw as the rest of us. It does me good to see kids get involved in saws. Mine thinks it's the stuff. Tell David when he wants a Stihl to let me know.

Last edited:
Well I said I wasn't going to start cause I would forget somebody but as you can see I did it anyway. So I have to say something about Stinkbait and the VA. gang. Glad ya'll made it with them big 2 mans and all the rest of the saws. I know it was a good little ride for ya'll. Dean lit my fire even more by letting me run that big Mercury, I'm going to have me one of them. I might have to ride up to VA. to school with the pros. It was our pleasure to host this thing and hope all of you will come back for the next one.
Joe :clap::clap:

hey all i just pulled in to the driveway finally back home for the night talking about a time it was a time driving down i-40 expecallyin raliegh there was a 13 mile traffic jam all four lanes were bumper to bumper so i got on the phone with the highway patrol office and the dispatcher stayed on the phone with me to get me thru that area had me going downtown raliegh but i managed to get thru the area so at least im home

i want to thank those of you for getting some supplies from me i told one of the guys forget what his screenname was but i told him to let me know how many rk88hl kits he needs and i can get them for him

steve i will post them poulan part #s in the poulan lovers social group

have one person to email i promised duncan i would email him to let him know i made it safe back home

take care and talk later
calvin

one thing that has me worried wannabe was not here today he has not been on the forum since june has anyone talked to him recently ?

Last edited:
Hey yall, finally done for the day :clap: Im bout wore out.
But anyways, I had a awesome time today. Glad all of yall were able to make it.
Big thanks to everybody for lettin me run the saws, new, old, stock, ported :D
Thanks to 2k and Amy for supplyin the food, and cooking. And everybody else that contributed.

Glad to see that you made it home safely.

All of yall are welcome back anytime, well long as we are here, of course.

We had a awesome turnout, I thought. Hopefully the future GTGs will be just as good or better

And yea Calvin, I talked to Lon, a while back, but he said he wasnt gonna be able to make it to the GTG.

Also, glad to see Duncan and David runnin the saws, some younger sprouts gettin in on the fun.

Ill work on my pictures tommorow.

Yup, AWESOME! Had a great crowd, a big thanks to Joe and Zach for hosting.:clap: I left with a new respect for husky, the ported 390 and 395 anyway.:D

My favorite was the DN660 though.:jawdrop:

Did big Dave do the huskies too?

the 395 was ported/and owned by JT78. Not sure on the 390, it is Joat's. And I cant recall who he said ported it. But the 390 and the 660 were AWESOME. Well, I think they are all awesome, so I dont guess my opinion counts.

Guy at work asked me what a SAW NUT was. I laughed, and told him he should have stopped by today, and he would have figured it out.

Sp & lp gtg

:clap:Hats off to Smillin' Possum and Little Possum for hosting a GREAT time.
How could we have possibly had a nicer venue? NO WAY!
We were very happy to meet everyone and enjoy their fabulous saws.
The food was right on time too. I thought the burgers were great untill I had the Hot Dogs.
Yesterday proved that the modern saws and the vintage ones could Easily intertwine and be mutually respected and enjoyed. I'm sure we'll be back with different saws next time as we're constantly hunting new ones to add to our collections.
I've got some good video,but my program won't allow me to post them. Just have to turn them over to Stinkbait..........he's the pro.
Hey, Where was that dude who was gonna drink the "adult beverages". Sure glad he didn't show............woulda' set a poor example.
Thanks to all for providing us a FUN day!:clap:
Igpoe (Dean Coates)

Back