North / South Carolina /Virginia /West VA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JT did his own 395 and did a fine job to boot. Jack's 346 and 390 were Tree Slingers. All 3 were impressive but that 660 got my Stihl blood 'a boiling.:dizzy::chainsaw:

I have to agree with you on that 660. I'd have been better off if I wouldn't have run that thing when he offered. It made the hair on the back of my neck stick up. When I was done it was all I could do to keep that stupid grin from showing. I was worse than the young ones grinning. That thing is sure nice. :clap: :jawdrop:

:clap:Hats off to Smillin' Possum and Little Possum for hosting a GREAT time.
How could we have possibly had a nicer venue? NO WAY!
We were very happy to meet everyone and enjoy their fabulous saws.
The food was right on time too. I thought the burgers were great untill I had the Hot Dogs.
Yesterday proved that the modern saws and the vintage ones could Easily intertwine and be mutually respected and enjoyed. I'm sure we'll be back with different saws next time as we're constantly hunting new ones to add to our collections.
I've got some good video,but my program won't allow me to post them. Just have to turn them over to Stinkbait..........he's the pro.
Hey, Where was that dude who was gonna drink the "adult beverages". Sure glad he didn't show............woulda' set a poor example.
Thanks to all for providing us a FUN day!:clap:
Igpoe (Dean Coates)

Dean you hit the nail on the head, our saws can get together and provide a great days fun. As long as they don't start cross breeding. I enjoyed the old big saws. I'am already thinking of going through my herd and seeing which ones I can keep for our work saws and cull some out to make room for some more old muscle. Ya'll come on back anytime, tell Stinkbait to check them wheels first.

Yesterday proved that the modern saws and the vintage ones could Easily intertwine and be mutually respected and enjoyed. I'm sure we'll be back with different saws next time as we're constantly hunting new ones to add to our collections. :clap:
Igpoe (Dean Coates)

:agree2: Absolutely agree with everything you said, Dean! Love running the older saws but I love my newer saws too. Very different experience between the two. Most fun older saw I ran yesterday was Mitchell's Mac 125. Favorite newer saw was Justin's ported 395. Never got around to running Jack's 660. ALE's 372 was the most impressive for power-weight. Don't mean to single anyone's out. Just my opinion of the ones I got to run. Certainly didn't get to run them all. Didn't even get to meet everyone!

Really enjoyed the two man saws you guys brought. Hope to see some of them again soon. Thanks to everyone!

Steve

Yep, yall all had great saws. Love the sound of that old mercury though, reminds me of the outboards I mess with. Id like to thank Dean for lettin me run the 2 man, and for telling me how to run it, and explaining the carb. I was kind of afraid to push on it, but once I did she sure did groan

Any body else want to admit to bein sore. :cry: I used some muscles that I havent in a while

A big thanks to Calvin for getting me this 28" reduced weight bar. If anyone is shopping for one, give him the first shot. I could not find one cheaper anywhere else.:D I've had a 32" for a few months and have used it hard with great results. The rails hold up just as well as a Stihl ES but the weight is much better.

I had to take that tiny 16" off and get a real bar on her.:clap:
attachment.php

A big thanks to Calvin for getting me this 28" reduced weight bar. If anyone is shopping for one, give him the first shot. I could not find one cheaper anywhere else.:D I've had a 32" for a few months and have used it hard with great results. The rails hold up just as well as a Stihl ES but the weight is much better.

I had to take that tiny 16" off and get a real bar on her.:clap:
attachment.php

wow what a beauty it has put some color to the saw you all i have issues with my van im glad i got home safe went to church this morning and smelled antifreeze when i got out of the van looked under the van and i saw drip drip drip antifreeze the water pump is leaking again it was replaced just back n may and now its leaking again

so i thank God for getting me home safely

me and my older brother are going to tackle that job im not paying a workshop for doing that if we both can get it fixed i am just thankful to know the pump is life time warranty on it

i was smelling antifreeze yesterday too at the gtg so i guess it was starting to leak there but only leaked when the van was turned off

those bars i had on the picnic table the offer still stands $ 12.00 a bar just now its going to cost people shipping

i will get up with oregon and have them go in the archives to see whatthey fit etc,

Last edited:
Yep, yall all had great saws. Love the sound of that old mercury though, reminds me of the outboards I mess with. Id like to thank Dean for lettin me run the 2 man, and for telling me how to run it, and explaining the carb. I was kind of afraid to push on it, but once I did she sure did groan

Any body else want to admit to bein sore.
:cry: I used some muscles that I havent in a while

yea my left arm hurts a bit from that mcculloch i handled lol

that was a nice john deere tractor you all have

Last edited:
:clap:Hats off to Smillin' Possum and Little Possum for hosting a GREAT time.
How could we have possibly had a nicer venue? NO WAY!
We were very happy to meet everyone and enjoy their fabulous saws.
The food was right on time too. I thought the burgers were great untill I had the Hot Dogs.
Yesterday proved that the modern saws and the vintage ones could Easily intertwine and be mutually respected and enjoyed. I'm sure we'll be back with different saws next time as we're constantly hunting new ones to add to our collections.
I've got some good video,but my program won't allow me to post them. Just have to turn them over to Stinkbait..........he's the pro.
Hey, Where was that dude who was gonna drink the "adult beverages". Sure glad he didn't show............woulda' set a poor example.
Thanks to all for providing us a FUN day!:clap:
Igpoe (Dean Coates)
maybe they just could not find the place never know i hope he did not get offended by my comment though did you get a video of me using your alls mac saw ?

i wanted to use that two man but kinda chickened out

i agree with the saws comment just shows true american quality that one two man was really interesting looking though that one that had the silver cover on it

Last edited:
Two Man

I think this is a Mac. Dean is on the left and Guy is on the throttle.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vCXuzrctOIg&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vCXuzrctOIg&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Two Man

I'm not going to guess the model of this one. Operators will have to fill in here. Dean's on the handle and Mitchell on the throttle.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9FFhuhQDIYU&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9FFhuhQDIYU&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Another Two Man

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5tPAREWnqQ&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5tPAREWnqQ&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Hey Ya'll best me and LP could figure and we may have missed somebody but we think we 23 people here yesterday. :clap::clap: I tried to count the saws then some of you said I had some in the truck I didn't get out. So that being said I guess close to 70 some saws. Missed my forecast was hoping to see 200 on the ground, but this was great. At any rate a great turnout of folks and equipment. I had a great day and hope ya'll did to.:clap:

My computer keeps locking up when I try to open the videos on page 14 and 15 dont know why. I have a bunch of video that I will be posting but it may take a little while. I Brian and Amy and the Possum family. Everybody was very nice and wonderful to be around I really enjoyed talking to everybody and had a great time.

My computer keeps locking up when I try to open the videos on page 14 and 15 dont know why. I have a bunch of video that I will be posting but it may take a little while. I Brian and Amy and the Possum family. Everybody was very nice and wonderful to be around I really enjoyed talking to everybody and had a great time.

not to mention we took care of that super xl muffler

My computer exhibits some type of problem with photobucket.

You can disable the plugin, if your using firefox, by using the Add-on tool under the Tools menu. Select plugins and highlight shockwave/flash and disable it. You can enable it if you want while running also.

Extremely Rare!

This is a very rare video of Smilin' Possum running a Husky!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o95_6z6Wz9I&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o95_6z6Wz9I&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Hey Ya'll best me and LP could figure and we may have missed somebody but we think we 23 people here yesterday. :clap::clap: I tried to count the saws then some of you said I had some in the truck I didn't get out. So that being said I guess close to 70 some saws. Missed my forecast was hoping to see 200 on the ground, but this was great. At any rate a great turnout of folks and equipment. I had a great day and hope ya'll did to.:clap:

i have a feeling there will be more folks next time

A Couple of Youngin's with Husky's

David is the first one in this video running a 346. The second youngin' is JT.
In between is Smilin' Possum walking by with a "Big Mac".

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mOdY-0Bz0to&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mOdY-0Bz0to&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Is That a Smile?

Look closely at the end of this one. Is that a smile on JT78's face?

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QF6SI097Cuw&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QF6SI097Cuw&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back