North / South Carolina /Virginia /West VA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone checked the weather? It looks like a 50% chance of rain in Gold Hill, but I am still coming.

Yeh, we've having all this gorgeous weather this week and then the rain rolls in just in time for Saturday. But we can do something. Possum's got a nice size garage to hang out in and BS. We can cut between raindrops maybe... Or in the raindrops maybe.

Hey Mustang, that's what happens when a little boy plays with big boy toys. Everyone of the saw chains and dogs that bite him I sharpened. And all of them were mine, he was playing with real men's stuff and they got him. I horse laughed him every time he whined about getting stuck or cut. He's so dramatic he was yelling and hollaring like he was going to bleed to death and it was just a scratch. What a wimp. I've told him hundreds of times to leave my stuff alone. :buttkick::clap:

He's got my shop turned upside down and I can't find nothing and he never puts stuff back where it belongs. I've got some old bear traps that I'm going to surround my saws with and see if that will keep him out of um.

You'll prob'ly just be out a perfectly good bear trap after he munches down on it.

Yeh, we've having all this gorgeous weather this week and then the rain rolls in just in time for Saturday. But we can do something. Possum's got a nice size garage to hang out in and BS. We can cut between raindrops maybe... Or in the raindrops maybe.

I have a tarp to cover my saws. So I'm not worried.

Ahh, yea I looked at the weather the other day and it was 40 percent chance of showers. :( Typical NC weather I guess.
Oh well, Im not real scared of the rain. If it rains, we will improvise somethan.

Hey stinkbait, for the 2 man saws. Do you need the logs closer to the ground?
Cause if they are on the trailer they will be bout waist high, or so.
Wont be a problem to arrange somethan else for yall.

Ahh, yea I looked at the weather the other day and it was 40 percent chance of showers. :( Typical NC weather I guess.
Oh well, Im not real scared of the rain. If it rains, we will improvise somethan.

Hey stinkbait, for the 2 man saws. Do you need the logs closer to the ground?
Cause if they are on the trailer they will be bout waist high, or so.
Wont be a problem to arrange somethan else for yall.

Waist high might me a little to high. It would be great if the log was only about 4" off the ground.

Ahh, no problem at all. Big John is gonna do most of the work. Well, all of the work, those hydraulics make my back feel so much better.

Good. I hope to get there a little early. I printed out the directions to your spot.

friday i am pulling out heading that way friday instead of saturday morning staying over at the comfort inn executive plaza on hwy 77 in charlotte area

that way i dont have a long haul on saturday morning

i am clearing out some room in my van tommorrow since the orders are caught up till friday morning early

i need to put some parts in that van so i can get you all to buy some extra stuff off me to help me out good thing about that is no shipping charges lol

but i will bring them bars and some other goodies odd and end parts for poulan and homelite and mcculloch alike you be surprised i may let everything go for a reasonable amount

but tell your friends and neighbors that they can get a good buy on some items

im even loading down my belts for the riding mowers so i can see if any of you need them as well

the more stuff i get gone the better

if you all are interested in some parts saws let me know i can bring what i have but talking about weight that will be a issue

Last edited:
attachment.php

Logs are loaded up. First poplar is about 9", second is 12", and the red oak is about 16"
attachment.php

Tada, Im done with it. lol. Turn when you see that sign

Hey everyone, good evening. I've been keeping track of this thread for a good while now. Sure wish I could come but family commitments are family commitments. Anyway, have a great time and saw safely. I can't wait to see pictures and read about some great times had by all down there! Take care and live it up! Best, Max.:)

FamilyTradition, family first. There will be other GTGs.

WB Marky Mark???
Dont guess he decided to travel

Oh well, its gonna be a good time, no matter what

something happened i cannot understand why two debits came back in the negative on my bank acct i had funds in that acct and now first citizens is charging me 64.00 for over draft fees which i only have 200.00 in the other acct i use for my online store

i just dont know where i am going to get the funds from to pay for my taxes on the vehicle to get the tag renewed or to get my heart medication which is way over 100.00 only have a weeks supply left i have folks that ordered parts from me i cannot even order them till the credit card company puts the amount they paid into my acct so i dont overdraft on that as well

my truck payment is still past due 387.00 for august payment and now september will be 529.38

so i just dont see where i will make these funds in a weeks time

reason im going to the gtg is to see if some folks there can help me reach that goal even if i have to sell the complete parts lot to make things work out for me

my paypal acct has enough to get me to that gtg

but it dont have enough to get me home

on saturday evening

lp it would be nice if you can let your neighbors know of my situation and see if they can tell there friends and there neighbors and come out there on saturday and support me in this time of need

that 200.00 is already taken might as well say that cause the credit card company will take every cent of it for last months transactions

i do have homelite parts saws i can sell for $ 20.00 a saw got enough of them if i sold them all i would get my funds i need to at least pay for my medicine
if i got 10 of them saws sold it would bring me in 200.00 that right there would help some but it would not pay everything

the bigger saws i would be glad to get $ 30.00 for that is the 330 s i have and the 350 i have i also have some 240s that i would be glad to get 20.00 for each one

now if you know anyone that is interested in these parts saws i can load them up on the van and take them with me on friday

forgot to say it dont cost me anything to stay at the comfort inn i use my choice hotel points to pay for the stay

Last edited:
Back