North / South Carolina /Virginia /West VA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may help seperate the 390XP and MS660. Brian, I'm going to start running that 390XP so it's a fair fight.

Jack

Hard to say with the little run time I had on them but I don't think the 390 will hang with the 660 in larger wood. Getting some time on the 390's rings will help though. JT has a 42" for his 395 and I got a 32" you can use on your 660.

Id love to see some more big wood to run that 42 in. The cut times I got for the saws were 395=6.4 seconds 660=6.6 seconds and the 390=6.7 seconds but the rings on the 390 arent seated so I bet it will be the fastest after the rings get seated but with the long bars on them in some 40 inch plus wood will seperate the boys from the men.

In my earlier post I see that all of it didnt go through So I will post it again but I wanted to say THANK YOU to everbody that showed up and a special thanks to the Possum family and to Brian and Amy for feeding us!

And thanks to Calvin for the muffler.

North / South Carolina /Virginia /West VA GTG

Y'all count me in as a vote for the large wood. I've got a couple saws that DO NOT FEAR the 42" chestnut oak. And I do surely agree that the larger diameters will be the determining factor on which saw is truely FAST. My poor little 4000 rpm/2.5 to 1 gear ratio Merc needs a new clutch,but isn't shy! Does anbody other than myself believe?
Igpoe:givebeer:

10-4 fellas, Ill try to round up a few of those logs for the next go round, might get them to split up for firewood, so I could have a firewood GTG and make yall work those saws. That makes me wish I had the 72" bar for the 394 to cut some noodles :jawdrop:
Dean, Im sure your saws could handle just about anything you could fit in between the saw and helper handle

Ok my turn.
When we do this again, notice I said when. We are going to work on some things. First I'm going to try and build some big bucks to sit the logs in. That will do away with the chains and the sliding of logs. Next small wood from 2K or I'll get some. Then 12 to 14 for the middle grade saws. Then we going to talk the to guys LP knows or I'm going to the woods and we going to put up some real wood. Something 30 or over so we can see who's got what. That's were my old 84 lives with the 36" bar. Ha ha gives me chicken skin just thinking about big wood(no comments) that will sort the men saws from the boys.

I had a blast and next time we need to do some timed cuts or something to make it interesting. With more time may get some of our dealer friends to donate a little something for there brand saws that have the best times. Already thinking on the next one. Anyone have any ideas pm um and we'll run um up the flagpole. Saw on and saw safe.

Ok my turn.
When we do this again, notice I said when. We are going to work on some things. First I'm going to try and build some big bucks to sit the logs in. That will do away with the chains and the sliding of logs. Next small wood from 2K or I'll get some. Then 12 to 14 for the middle grade saws. Then we going to talk the to guys LP knows or I'm going to the woods and we going to put up some real wood. Something 30 or over so we can see who's got what. That's were my old 84 lives with the 36" bar. Ha ha gives me chicken skin just thinking about big wood(no comments) that will sort the men saws from the boys.

I had a blast and next time we need to do some timed cuts or something to make it interesting. With more time may get some of our dealer friends to donate a little something for there brand saws that have the best times. Already thinking on the next one. Anyone have any ideas pm um and we'll run um up the flagpole. Saw on and saw safe.

Joe,

You're whilstin' my tune now. If Duncan will let me tag along, I'll be there.

Jack

As I walked by SPs and LPs mile long line of saws, its like the red ones were beggin' my boots to make them take a swim. They cried "We are not worthy to be so close to these Stihls", "kick me in please".

:D:D:D

Go for it big man all them were LP's except one and I would probably never miss it. HA HA!!!!!

Ok my turn.

Sounds like more fun! I like how Erick did the Indiana GTG with the timed cuts. Getting the cants and finding out the best way to run the stop watch will be the only problems. It looked like everyone had a saw that could compete, tall gears and short bars will help the big CC saws.

Y'all count me in as a vote for the large wood. I've got a couple saws that DO NOT FEAR the 42" chestnut oak. And I do surely agree that the larger diameters will be the determining factor on which saw is truely FAST. My poor little 4000 rpm/2.5 to 1 gear ratio Merc needs a new clutch,but isn't shy! Does anbody other than myself believe?
Igpoe:givebeer:

I'm with you on that one. I been looking hard for some new old iron I got it bad.

I'd like to get a group pic next time also and some names on paper to go with the faces so when we post videos and pics we know who's in them.

I bolted without looking at your 026 also, sorry.:( You want to try out my drums to see if they fit? Just let me know and they will be in the mail....

I bolted without looking at your 026 also, sorry.:( You want to try out my drums to see if they fit? Just let me know and they will be in the mail....

That was my fault. I felt busy like a one arm paper hanger. Forgot all about it. Saw was in a case on the truck. Never saw daylight Saturday. 2 or 3 more didn't make it out of the their cases. So much to do, so little time! I'll try to email a pic of the problem and maybe you'll be able to help me figure it out from that. Thanks!

I'd like to get a group pic next time also and some names on paper to go with the faces so when we post videos and pics we know who's in them.

I got you a bushing for the 026 brake handle. It's Sthil laying in the parts box. I think I had 20-11 things on my one track mind and it jumped the track. I'm sorry I forgot all about it. Send me an addy. I'll stick it in the mail for you.

well you all me and my older brother found the leak in the van it was not the water pump it was the line coming from the overflow on the radiator to the intake body that was worn in two from resting on the engine pulley which who ever worked on it the last time left the line laying instead of putting it up where it was not touching anything

at least wasnt severe like i thought it was

well you all me and my older brother found the leak in the van it was not the water pump it was the line coming from the overflow on the radiator to the intake body that was worn in two from resting on the engine pulley which who ever worked on it the last time left the line laying instead of putting it up where it was not touching anything

at least wasnt severe like i thought it was

Good ya'll found it and made a easy fix.:clap:

Latest posts

Back