• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold NOS 044 tank handle $250.00

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
title says it all, looking to get the last piece for a special saw
will pay shipping as well
not a bullsh1tter when it comes to money, I need one and am willing to pay
shoot me a PM, anonymity respected
also need a NOS 084 top cover and a NOS 038 Mag 2 badge for repop ventures

DDave

Still in need, I have a decent used 044 or 046 tank as trade bait.
Need NOS 084 top cover - $80.00
Need NOS 038 Magnum 2 top cover badge $25.00 or will rent it from you for the same price and return after using it (still in new condition)
Need NOS 064 tank vent stem (not the tube) $ whatever it is worth, could use three of them for saws sitting here currently, might attempt to get a repop made.
Need NOS 064 brake handle for use with full wrap handle $65.00
Need NOS 046 tank handle - $235.00

Help a "needy" brother out guys :)

I got a buddy in the plastic making parts biz. He works for a company that designs and builds replacement auto parts if they are no longer made. Something tells me there is a market for these old 044 tanks to get duplicated and cast.

Out of curiosity, how much would you pay for a new aftermarket duplicate of the 044 tank, if it existed?

I got a buddy in the plastic making parts biz. He works for a company that designs and builds replacement auto parts if they are no longer made. Something tells me there is a market for these old 044 tanks to get duplicated and cast.

Out of curiosity, how much would you pay for a new aftermarket duplicate of the 044 tank, if it existed?

At this time at least one of the Chinese makers has protoypes of the MS440 tank but they are not planning to do the screw cap style.
I would take 100 at $30.00, or 200 at 25.00 with a two month exclusivity deal, cash up front with a legit company and a prototype in hand. Would also do similar for 046 tanks. My guess is that that is still too small an order to make it work, especially with them being multipiece molds with bonding.
Initially I am confident they would sell well at $50 plus ship and fees so close to $60, but that would rapidly drop as the backlog of people wanting them drops.
Chinese tanks will be at the $21.00 wholesale level within 6-8 months of release is my best guess.
Dave

by request a silly picture
IMG_8291_zpsysmt0ayg.jpg

DD

Was able to mention something about this project to my friend. I have no idea if it's feasible, we didn't talk numbers and he didn't give any because he asked to see it first. I said I didn't have one but to get the ball rolling I'd like to give him some good pictures.
Would anyone be able to post some good photos from a couple different angles of an ms440 or 044 tank that I can show him so he can get an idea of what would be involved? I don't have any experience with this Stihl part so any explanation of differences between the ms440/044 (is it just the caps and the vent tube?) would be appreciated.

Was able to mention something about this project to my friend. I have no idea if it's feasible, we didn't talk numbers and he didn't give any because he asked to see it first. I said I didn't have one but to get the ball rolling I'd like to give him some good pictures.
Would anyone be able to post some good photos from a couple different angles of an ms440 or 044 tank that I can show him so he can get an idea of what would be involved? I don't have any experience with this Stihl part so any explanation of differences between the ms440/044 (is it just the caps and the vent tube?) would be appreciated.
image.jpg image.jpg

There is a guy selling on Ebay -- that has replicated quite a few of the tank stickers and other warning labels on Stihl's. You'd be surprised. (Not saying the one pictured is a replica) just throwing out information.
tank on the left was totally filthy before the ultrasonic, ran it twice at 30 mins, flipping it in the middle like an omlette
IMG_8257_zpsmb9ilpnx.jpg

OH! me likey the ultrasonic. Are you saying the one in your previous post on the left was dirty as the one on the right? And that the ultrasonic brought this much improvement in the appearance. If so I am indeed impressed!

There is a guy selling on Ebay -- that has replicated quite a few of the tank stickers and other warning labels on Stihl's. You'd be surprised. (Not saying the one pictured is a replica) just throwing out information.
OH! me likey the ultrasonic. Are you saying the one in your previous post on the left was dirty as the one on the right? And that the ultrasonic brought this much improvement in the appearance. If so I am indeed impressed!

Stihl provides any of the safety stickers that they still produce for free, by law, I have been told.

Yeah the ultrasonic is nice for cleaning all manner of chainsaw stuff. It is big enough to do a crankcase but the tank handles are just too long without doing the two ends separately without the lid.
The clean tank on the left was the dirtiest tank I could find in the shop, it was really awful. SO dirty that I had no idea there was an epoxy repair even after scraping off the gunk and hitting it with the high pressure air.
I was really happy with the results, but I need to get a decent plastic welding setup now.
DDave

Latest posts

Back