NOS 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the NOS 064 that I picked up off of CL in PA. I knew it was a new saw, but it still blew me away when I opened it. This saw is just beautiful. I planned to run it, but I don't know if I can. I may end up just hanging on to my existing 064 and running it.

IMG_1946-L.jpg

IMG_1947-L.jpg

IMG_1948-L.jpg

IMG_1949-L.jpg

IMG_1950-L.jpg

IMG_1951-L.jpg

IMG_1952-L.jpg

IMG_1953-L.jpg

Here is the NOS 064 that I picked up off of CL in PA. I knew it was a new saw, but it still blew me away when I opened it. This saw is just beautiful. I planned to run it, but I don't know if I can. I may end up just hanging on to my existing 064 and running it.

IMG_1946-L.jpg

IMG_1947-L.jpg

IMG_1948-L.jpg

IMG_1949-L.jpg

IMG_1950-L.jpg

IMG_1951-L.jpg

IMG_1952-L.jpg

IMG_1953-L.jpg
Good plan. Just too sweet to dump fuel into!

Run it, run it now and post a video. You need to make us all happy tonite. It won't look right until it has sawdust on it anyway brad

I disagree. The metal tag was the only way the 064 came from the factory. I'd put a metal tag on it if I could find one.

Great! The only problem with your theory is that brads saw never came from the pro German factory. It was built on a home owners bench in PA.

Great! The only problem with your theory is that brads saw never came from the pro German factory. It was built on a home owners bench in PA.
I don't have a theory, just an opinion. I understand the saw was built from NOS parts. I'm just saying that if I put the time and money (or in Brad's case Jred and money) in to making a "NOS" saw, I would want it to be as close as possible as it would have been from the German factory.

If you prefer the plastic tags, I have no problem with that.

I think the plastic tags are appropriate for a saw put together from the last available parts. It's only worth what a collector will pay, priceless? Maybe. Worthless? Definitely not. Metal tags would serve to cheapen it up into some sort of imposter. If you really want a NOS saw, then find one that way and buy it! But please don't assemble one to appear that way and try to pass it off as such.

Brad thats a 064 mag it says so on the covers.

U gotta run it its only a saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the plastic tags are appropriate for a saw put together from the last available parts. It's only worth what a collector will pay, priceless? Maybe. Worthless? Definitely not. Metal tags would serve to cheapen it up into some sort of imposter. If you really want a NOS saw, then find one that way and buy it! But please don't assemble one to appear that way and try to pass it off as such.
Guess what??... Its not YOUR saw!!!
Do you get off on always thinking your OPINION is ALWAYS RIGHT??

Oh and Brad that saw is a beauty!!!:) Im glad the deal worked out for you! I know if it was me I couldn't dump fuel in and run it.

Back