NOS 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real nice looking saw - would make me smile every time I saw it! Cheers!

I think the plastic tags are appropriate for a saw put together from the last available parts. It's only worth what a collector will pay, priceless? Maybe. Worthless? Definitely not. Metal tags would serve to cheapen it up into some sort of imposter. If you really want a NOS saw, then find one that way and buy it! But please don't assemble one to appear that way and try to pass it off as such.
Imposter? If he found NOS metal tags and put on it, it would still be a saw assembled out of NOS parts... I missed the part that Brad claimed that the saw was made out of the "most recently available NOS parts". I fail to see how that would be an imposter.

Given a choice between a genuine NOS saw and one assembled by a private individual from new acquired parts, I'd go with the NOS one all day long.

It's still a very nice saw though. But.....it's not a NOS saw. BIG difference.!!
It doesn't have a serial number, maybe it's stolen. :D

Given a choice between a genuine NOS saw and one assembled by a private individual from new acquired parts, I'd go with the NOS one all day long.

It's still a very nice saw though. But.....it's not a NOS saw. BIG difference.!!
Please elaborate!

Good point! If it has a crankcase w/o a serial number, that in itself will kill a lot of the value.

I'm thinking it's now worth about $300.00 and I'll gladly pay that as well as shipping to me.
You better steer clear of saws without serial numbers, you're liable to get lynched.

Id run it in my case. IM not a collector. I could make more than what the saw would be worth in thirty +years. Thats my thinking. A very beautiful saw though congrats Brad

Brad l think what your thinking is spot on...run you other 064 and well you'll get more enjoyment looking at the other one on the shelf. And besides that saw definately raises your bragging rights. Also 'god' may see it as a sin to put fuel in that saw & we don't want that! Thats a saw that'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

I think the plastic tags are appropriate for a saw put together from the last available parts. It's only worth what a collector will pay, priceless? Maybe. Worthless? Definitely not. Metal tags would serve to cheapen it up into some sort of imposter. If you really want a NOS saw, then find one that way and buy it! But please don't assemble one to appear that way and try to pass it off as such.
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), eitheraccidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

Back