not fair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldirty

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
its not fair to the competition when this big fella and i get together.

almost a joke how easy tree work can be given the right tools.

go up set 2 slings and make the cut. 10k lbs goes to the grapple chipper and i get ready for the butt pick.

lol. really it shouldnt be funny but how you gonna compete with this?

its not fair to the competition when this big fella and i get together.

almost a joke how easy tree work can be given the right tools.

go up set 2 slings and make the cut. 10k lbs goes to the grapple chipper and i get ready for the butt pick.

lol. really it shouldnt be funny but how you gonna compete with this?

attachment.php

lol thats not a top thats a tree.

Last edited:
gotta love it. you working for Mayer now? I thought you were with another outfit who has their own cranes

That's cheating...yer s'posed to do it the hard way, and put it up on yew-toob so these guys can pick it apart and tell you how you could have made it harder...:greenchainsaw:

Sweet!

Man, I kind of miss the days of riding around with the crane all day. These days I can only rent one when I really need it. And no it's not easy to compete on those trees.

HAHAHA... wait... you made one cut in the tree and one cut on the ground for the spar...? That's classic.

Probly had to pay the minimum on the crane, but worth it for 10 minutes of awesomeness. ( I know "awesomeness" is not a word, but I can't think of any other way to describe it...)

Great Post.

BT, they are using the company crane. Hence no minimum and hard for tree guys without one to compete... ;)

We used to take some trees in one shot when I climbed for some of the larger services. Ride ball to choker point, choke tree with choker, zip down, make one cut and winch tree to chipper. Doesn't get any better than that. :)

gotta love it. you working for Mayer now? I thought you were with another outfit who has their own cranes

the company i work for has a great working relationship with them. they get together for a lot of projects. (remember me in central park?) anyway we needed to use the 60ton for a couple days.

1pick'n trees from the driveway in the way backyard just isnt fair. lol.

That's cheating...yer s'posed to do it the hard way, and put it up on yew-toob so these guys can pick it apart and tell you how you could have made it harder...:greenchainsaw:

one of these days i'll have the helmet cam and a ground cam just for that very reason!

just gotta get the boss to let me showcase our talents. he not really cool with the idea of me sharing all our secrets though.

HAHAHA... wait... you made one cut in the tree and one cut on the ground for the spar...? That's classic.

Probly had to pay the minimum on the crane, but worth it for 10 minutes of awesomeness. ( I know "awesomeness" is not a word, but I can't think of any other way to describe it...)

Great Post.

that crane didnt even know the load was on it. thing is a beast.

i think in this case awesomeness will work. good for like 6k 100ft away....

one of these days i'll have the helmet cam and a ground cam just for that very reason!

just gotta get the boss to let me showcase our talents. he not really cool with the idea of me sharing all our secrets though.

Secrets OD? Surely you jest! Your so called secrets are over 20 years old!

Like back when whole tree chippers first hit the market!

Big cranes have been picking whole trees since before both of us were born!

Must be the way you hold your jaw I guess! :)

jomoco

he not really cool with the idea of me sharing all our secrets though.

The only secret is the climbers gut ability to rig a piece that is not too big for the LZ and crew and not so small as to make the job abysmally slow.

I was on a storm job where we basically logged out a large yard, the HO wanted no trees anywhere near the house. We had everything staged oh-so nice for later removal and the climber has to rig an 8500# top that the crane OE (70ton grove) could not maneuver any way but down in front. I had 50ton of tops lined up buts-out and the last pick screwed up the whole load plan. :laugh:

Cranes are good tool only when there are good brians using them..

I think BostonBull said those cranes are 1800 for the day, and the "day" starts when the crane leaves the garage. Jim can correct me if I'm wrong.

Most I have ever paid for a crane was $2600 but we used it for 12 hours including 2 hours travel time and 4 hours overtime a piece for the site manager (was picking trees over house) and operator. Was using a 64 ton crane with 160 foot of boom. 10 hours in spikes that day... We had a total of 14 hours in the job. The job was for 10 K so I can deal with just about any hardship for $700 an hour. And don't think I was ripping anybody off. I picked three humongous trees over a house that day. The next closest bid was for 15 K.

Dude, his name is Justin. Lol. Nice work OD!

:laugh:

That tree pick is ridiculous.

What do you do for a cut? Face cut it then back cut it and then tip it a little till it snaps off with you right below it. :dizzy: I would be fumbling the memory for a prayer. :laugh:

That tree looks pretty nice up there with the sky in the background, why did it need to come down?

Secrets OD? Surely you jest! Your so called secrets are over 20 years old!

Like back when whole tree chippers first hit the market!

Big cranes have been picking whole trees since before both of us were born!

Must be the way you hold your jaw I guess! :)

jomoco

oh i got tricks homeboy. this dude been doing some extra curricular activities regarding his technique.

this crew is down right nasty right now. and because of that i get to do some things that are big time in my grand scheme of things, tree wise. hell i'll add lifetime too jo. whens the last time you went to central park to lend a hand after a storm ? lol

anyway if i sound like an ignorant ass hole its because i love doing what we do. i get excited talking about it and i like to talk ####. sorry bud. one day maybe i'll be a cranky prick , much like yourself, but for now i'm gonna enjoy it.

i'm going to enjoy hearing a woodsman's growl as it eats a 100ft of pine that i just slung that just got picked over the house. running the big saw that i just threw a razor's edge on in some big phat gnarly oak butt.

i'll let you know when it sucks. believe me.

jps we might have some big equipment but i'll tell you what we put it anywhere. always got the room, its crazy some of our setups. lol

treemandan much like yourself brother.

costs of the operation you ask? talk to the next guy up about that stuff, i'm here for the job at hand.

hey mihalek. boston bull isnt going to post here about anything anytime soon i dont think.

stay safe boys.

Back