not fair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:laugh:

That tree pick is ridiculous.

What do you do for a cut? Face cut it then back cut it and then tip it a little till it snaps off with you right below it. :dizzy: I would be fumbling the memory for a prayer. :laugh:

That tree looks pretty nice up there with the sky in the background, why did it need to come down?

big phat shelf man. let the weight break itself and off to the chipper she go.

you think i was in the tree for that release? lol. no. came off like a dream though. just a nice "pop" from the wood breaking and then stayed right in the shelf.

why she come down you ask? apparently the home owner doesnt like white oak.

as odd as it sounds man. i am most free when i am working.

unless you got me doing some straight bs work i am happy to be there.

if i could get the rest of my life similar to my work life it would be the balls.

#### yeah. Nothing like watchin' the wood fly. Keeps me goin'. I'd be a miserable #### if I never found this line of work. Any of your friends or girls get sick of hearing about trees? If so, you can chat up my gal she loves hearing the stories, at least she acts like it, which is good 'cause I don't talk about much else.

as odd as it sounds man. i am most free when i am working.

unless you got me doing some straight bs work i am happy to be there.

if i could get the rest of my life similar to my work life it would be the balls.

Don't sound odd to me at all.

I slammed two cotton woods today in three hours and was unloaded and headed to the house in 4. That is with stumps ground.

I'm still rushing!

18 years and I still love it!

oh i got tricks homeboy. this dude been doing some extra curricular activities regarding his technique.

this crew is down right nasty right now. and because of that i get to do some things that are big time in my grand scheme of things, tree wise. hell i'll add lifetime too jo. whens the last time you went to central park to lend a hand after a storm ? lol

anyway if i sound like an ignorant ass hole its because i love doing what we do. i get excited talking about it and i like to talk ####. sorry bud. one day maybe i'll be a cranky prick , much like yourself, but for now i'm gonna enjoy it.

i'm going to enjoy hearing a woodsman's growl as it eats a 100ft of pine that i just slung that just got picked over the house. running the big saw that i just threw a razor's edge on in some big phat gnarly oak butt.

i'll let you know when it sucks. believe me.

jps we might have some big equipment but i'll tell you what we put it anywhere. always got the room, its crazy some of our setups. lol

treemandan much like yourself brother.

costs of the operation you ask? talk to the next guy up about that stuff, i'm here for the job at hand.

hey mihalek. boston bull isnt going to post here about anything anytime soon i dont think.

stay safe boys.

Well at least you admit it and understand that some will not like your way of talking ####. I'm personally neutral on the subject. I'm the kind of guy that let's the work do the talking,but if I'm talking, it gonna be about my crew as a whole.

Good to see you have an awesome crew with nice equipment. I have experienced it before and it sure does make the work a lot more fun and satisfying. When things go right and smooth, it just feels so right.

you think i was in the tree for that release? lol. no. came off like a dream though. just a nice "pop" from the wood breaking and then stayed right in the shelf.

Yours is not to ask why, yours is just to do or die...

Last edited:
you think i was in the tree for that release? lol.

Oh, good.

Oh shoot. I do. I would love that tree in my backyard. How much more work would it take to dig it a little and haul over to the Catskills?:biggrinbounce2:

Oh, good.

Oh shoot. I do. I would love that tree in my backyard. How much more work would it take to dig it a little and haul over to the Catskills?:biggrinbounce2:

My mom ran a tree nursery when i was young...I dont' want to think about how much rooting powder that would take...whatsit cost a 55 gal drum?:chainsawguy:

Something to keep on your check list when making critical cuts like that OD is how much fuel is in your saw at the time. Running out of gas in the middle of a big pick like that can be hazardous to your well being.

May your saws always be razor sharp and cut straight as an arrow homey.;)

jomoco

Something to keep on your check list when making critical cuts like that OD is how much fuel is in your saw at the time. Running out of gas in the middle of a big pick like that can be hazardous to your well being.

May your saws always be razor sharp and cut straight as an arrow homey.;)

jomoco

I've gotten in the habit of filling my saw before felling a tree as well. Not a good time to be running out of gas... :yoyo:

Nice job and awesome crane. I was hired by a construction company on another island to cut down a mango tree. They told me they had a 66 ft. manlift and a 38 ton crane with 120 ft. of stick at my disposal. I told them they would need some guys on the ground to cut up the branches and load it in their dump trucks. The pictures below show the sizes that were picked off and the manpower they gave me. They had a backhoe with a female operator loading the two dump trucks. The green waste dump was only 10 minutes away. This job went so fast I felt guilty accepting the $700 I got for cutting the tree.

I never even used my saddle and climbing line and had my ice chest in the manlift. Wish every job I did was like this one.

Nice job and awesome crane. I was hired by a construction company on another island to cut down a mango tree. They told me they had a 66 ft. manlift and a 38 ton crane with 120 ft. of stick at my disposal. I told them they would need some guys on the ground to cut up the branches and load it in their dump trucks. The pictures below show the sizes that were picked off and the manpower they gave me. They had a backhoe with a female operator loading the two dump trucks. The green waste dump was only 10 minutes away. This job went so fast I felt guilty accepting the $700 I got for cutting the tree.

I never even used my saddle and climbing line and had my ice chest in the manlift. Wish every job I did was like this one.

well done brother.:cheers:

Nice job! That was a big friggin mango tree!

Reminds me of the time down south when we were reducing a big one that was loaded with huge mangos, we had to use the cushions from the HO's lawn furniture to try and save the guys tile roof...only worked a little. lol.

BTW: sick dog as usual oldirty!

attachment.php

Don't you just love those 2 man work platforms, you can take so much gear up with you! 2-3 saws, hang slings and blocks off the bars, 2 bags of "might need" stuff. :laugh:

attachment.php

Don't you just love those 2 man work platforms, you can take so much gear up with you! 2-3 saws, hang slings and blocks off the bars, 2 bags of "might need" stuff. :laugh:

We built our own platform that we secure to a forked lift. Works awesome and room for anything. I do choke off to the lift itself with a 12' wirecore... Just in case. :D

cranes

yea, cranes are nice. Did anyone see the saw for hire episode where they stood the crane op on 2 wheels with too heavy a top. I saw one of those big cranes fold in half in orlando after hurricane charlie.Your definitly right about the brains needing to be there with the crane. A buddy of mine got his jaw jacked a few years ago by a but end that came up at him as it bucked off. not balanced right.I also saw another climber almost get swatted off a pole as a 50 ft pine top rotated on him because his choker point was about 5 ft lower than it should have been. I would still rather climb,though,without the crane, unless im using it to hang over a dead tree and work.That big crane is nice, but i hate thinking of loosing it if business is too slow to pay the note on a $200,000 piece of equipment.unless, of course, you paid cash.then you still have the insurance,cdl driver/operator and a massive amount of liability if somthing goes wrong. Personally that much cost and stress takes the fun out of it for me.

Latest posts

Back