Not sure why but I got offended.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to be the shoes. like grandpa wears .hoofing it, doing laps around the mall.

Jeez, the laces are not even tied.:dizzy::dizzy:

:laugh::laugh::D:D

Hey man them sneaks give me a great grip and not all that expensive if I got to toss them after getting out of the PI. Its not a fashion show man good call on the laces just come down to tie it and went back up.

uh oh,can't tie your shoes in the tree anymore hey gramps? tehetehe:buttkick:

I can if I have too but I was only 20 feet up and it was easier to come down and tie them plus it was 95 and I needed a drink.

HOLY CRAP I WISH I NEVER STARTED THIS POST. lolololol

Stihl-O-Matic,

I thought i was the only person in the world that knew what indian leg wrestling is... If I ever gat back to CT, i'll grab a couple of cases and a roll of skoal and we can give it a go.

BTW, I enjoy your posts, keep it up.

You effin' rock bro.:rock:

T

Stihl-O-Matic,

I thought i was the only person in the world that knew what indian leg wrestling is... If I ever gat back to CT, i'll grab a couple of cases and a roll of skoal and we can give it a go.

BTW, I enjoy your posts, keep it up.

You effin' rock bro.:rock:

T

LOL thanks Timber, I think maybe were both dating ourselves. I bet Rope remembers it.. I say next GTG we have a big indian leg wrestling tourny.

I had these Mexicans bother me looking for work on a jobsite and I was pretty dam offended.

Why just today I saw a couple with a Stihl buckin up a maple log on my turf. I stopped and screamed at them for a while.

"cerveza gratis!"

Gets em everytime! Treemandan

Stihl o matic, you gotta love the people who look at your truck, chipper, saws, and you up in the tree and ask that question of all questions...
" Do you do treework? "

Maybe since he didn't see any spikes on your feet he thought you didn't know what you are doing, that and the ladder are a dead giveaway.

"cerveza gratis!"

Gets em everytime! Treemandan

Stihl o matic, you gotta love the people who look at your truck, chipper, saws, and you up in the tree and ask that question of all questions...
" Do you do treework? "

Maybe since he didn't see any spikes on your feet he thought you didn't know what you are doing, that and the ladder are a dead giveaway.

Thats the best reply yet man. The ladder was really there to get me on the roof for some crap I had to do up there. But I use a werner ladder that wooden one was borrowed from the HO because I didnt bring mine. But I do use a ladder a lot when I rope climb just to get me that first 14 feet. May not be much but I like using it.

by the way them sneakers may look funny but this is the tread on them and my feet never slip when I am climbing or moving around in the tree.

6628-870704-d.jpg

Last edited:
Earlier this summer I was sitting at a house for about 2 - 3 weeks pretty much just doing pruning. 2 companies stopped to have some fun with me. 1 of them I was on the ground packing up for the day, and he said to watch out that certain guys don't turn me in... I said to send them on over, I have all my certs... this guy has none. The other guys I was up in this pine tree on the side of the road and they drove by in the company truck... asked if I needed any help or a climber. We BS'ed for a few min and they went on their merry way. Neither one bothered me.

Earlier this summer I was sitting at a house for about 2 - 3 weeks pretty much just doing pruning. 2 companies stopped to have some fun with me. 1 of them I was on the ground packing up for the day, and he said to watch out that certain guys don't turn me in... I said to send them on over, I have all my certs... this guy has none. The other guys I was up in this pine tree on the side of the road and they drove by in the company truck... asked if I needed any help or a climber. We BS'ed for a few min and they went on their merry way. Neither one bothered me.

At least no one made fun of your sneakers.:blob2::blob6::blob4::blob6::blob2:

Last edited:
by the way them sneakers may look funny but this is the tread on them and my feet never slip when I am climbing or moving around in the tree.

6628-870704-d.jpg

Not so much the sneaks that look funny but what they are attached to.:cheers:

I see your point and I also climb in gummy footwear, boots though. I hate those hard soled logger boots. But don't your feet hurt climbing in them sneaks? Man, its making my feet itch thinking bout all the stuff that gets in em.

Not so much the sneaks that look funny but what they are attached to.:cheers:

I see your point and I also climb in gummy footwear, boots though. I hate those hard soled logger boots. But don't your feet hurt climbing in them sneaks? Man, its making my feet itch thinking bout all the stuff that gets in em.

feet dont hurt a bit, I only use them hip thrusting or handover hand, If I footlock I wear Merrills that are mids. I dont really have a problem with chips getting in either not sure why. Obviously I wear boots with spikes but for ropes I feel the tree so much better in sneakers and standing or walking on limbs I get more surface area on the limb because my size 13 wraps around the limb.

Hopefully one day before I hit the old folks home Ill get some really cool gear so I will look better. Im just not sure how its gonna make me anymore money. By the time the customer sees I dont have all the neat stuff it means its already out of my bag and going on. So by then its too late.

I had bid on this little maple TD years ago but the guy and his buddy decided to hit it with their Pull-on. I also, at the time, worked in a auto shop and the tree was around the corner. I was inspecting cars and the tree was on my test drive route. I kept driving by and waving in diferent cars and could see they were having a problem. For one, the saw wouldn't run right if at all. Second they had no idea what they where up against and it was hurtin them BAD.By the end of the hot day they were so tuckered out pullin on that saw and trying to cut the tree without getting hurt or doing damage... they was beat. Well I drove around again and agian and they started hollering at me:greenchainsaw: Whew, those boys were pissed. They thought I was messin with em. I don't think you could find 2 more pissed off guys.
I told them I wasn't messing with them its just my road test route and even stopped to give a few pulls on the saw but it didn't help.

My last note on this (for now) if you look in the background at that house across the street. Thats one of the smaller ones. This neighborhood is 500-750k houses. None of them complained about my attire and I am getting more work out of it. Maybe they think I really need the money.

Maybe you guys should dress it down a little.

Latest posts

Back