Now taking pre-orders on 044,046,066 full wraps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't be dropping off the 372 to the machinists. . . It won't be necessary. I had time to study the 372 - it won't need a machined bottom mount.

That makes things on our end a little easier. I have to assume the big Huskies will be the same.

More updates soon.

I won't be dropping off the 372 to the machinists. . . It won't be necessary. I had time to study the 372 - it won't need a machined bottom mount.

That makes things on our end a little easier. I have to assume the big Huskies will be the same.

More updates soon.

Ya the bottom mount is all very similar on all husky pro saws Nate.

Ya the bottom mount is all very similar on all husky pro saws Nate.

That's good news! We still need a 390/394/395 to template. Sam may or may not be able to send up his 394.

I had a long talk with Doug, and at this point, he wants to limit the bars we make to the most popular three saws of each make.

044/046/066 in the Stihls, and the three or so Huskies that are the most popular.

The rest will fall under the "custom" category (for now at least).

That's good news! We still need a 390/394/395 to template. Sam may or may not be able to send up his 394.

I had a long talk with Doug, and at this point, he wants to limit the bars we make to the most popular three saws of each make.

044/046/066 in the Stihls, and the three or so Huskies that are the most popular.

The rest will fall under the "custom" category (for now at least).

Id say then for the Husky bars it should be, 372(362,365,371), 385/390 saws, and 394/395 saws.

But that's just my opinion.

I could send you a 394 to template, but not sure if you guys want to cover shipping back and fourth, wouldn't be that much.

Id say then for the Husky bars it should be, 372(362,365,371), 385/390 saws, and 394/395 saws.

But that's just my opinion.

I could send you a 394 to template, but not sure if you guys want to cover shipping back and fourth, wouldn't be that much.

I would tend to agree with you on the Husky handles.

As far as your 394. . . I know Doug would say no. That's kinda why we came up with the deal on the first 20 handles. It was incentive for a guy to send his PH, and shipping back and forth would be lessened by the handle being discounted.

We don't want to eat anything on the handles. It'd be like going to work and telling the boss you'll replace a fuel pump for free, if he pays you to replace the thermostat. ;)

I could send you my 394. I could pay shipping round trip. What kinda discount would I get on the Handle?

I would tend to agree with you on the Husky handles.

As far as your 394. . . I know Doug would say no. That's kinda why we came up with the deal on the first 20 handles. It was incentive for a guy to send his PH, and shipping back and forth would be lessened by the handle being discounted.

We don't want to eat anything on the handles. It'd be like going to work and telling the boss you'll replace a fuel pump for free, if he pays you to replace the thermostat. ;)

I agree, but just thought I'd offer if your in need. But the saying goes, you got to spend money to make any money. Just like all your equipment you use at the shop wasn't free. Hell I have probably at least 30k$ invested in just my personal tools at work, if not more.

No matter to me though. Good luck with the handles.

I agree, but just thought I'd offer if your in need. But the saying goes, you got to spend money to make any money. Just like all your equipment you use at the shop wasn't free. Hell I have probably at least 30k$ invested in just my personal tools at work, if not more.

No matter to me though. Good luck with the handles.

I agree 100%. . . Doug has his own way about him though. I sub to him, so it's his show -- and I follow his lead.

He's a very particular individual, picky even, and it comes out in the work we do.

But as he says, "I can go broke watching NASCAR in my lounge chair. . . I don't need to do it busting ass in the shop." :laugh:

I really appreciate your offer to send the PH Will. :cheers:

I could send you my 394. I could pay shipping round trip. What kinda discount would I get on the Handle?

I'll have to go back and look, but I believe we were offering a handle for $70.00 if you sent the PH, and paid to ship it back home. . . We'd cover the $6.00-$7.00 of the shipping that would ordinarily get a handle out.

Let me go look. . .

I'll have to go back and look, but I believe we were offering a handle for $70.00 if you sent the PH, and paid to ship it back home. . . We'd cover the $6.00-$7.00 of the shipping that would ordinarily get a handle out.

Let me go look. . .

Just went back and looked. . . It's $75.00 if you send your PH.

I need to get a count on how many bars we have ordered, and see if we are close to our 20 mark?

Edit: So to clarify, lets say it costs you $11.00 to send your PH. You'd send $22.00 plus your $75.00 for the handle.

That's $97.00. . . Which is still cheaper than what we're gonna charge after this first run.

Last edited:
Any idea on how long the saw would be tied up?

3 weeks? Hard to say really. . . It'll spend 14 days(ish) in the mail going to and from. That would give us a week to do our thing.

But. . . It would have to be timed in such a way, that the other handles were done, and ready to be coated. Our coating guy has a minimum run -- so we'd have to take that into account.

So ideally, a guy needs to be prepared to have his PH on a sojourn. That's why a non-runner is perfect, or a saw that isn't needed for work, etc.

I will have to pass...can't live without that saw that long. I will wait for the handles though!!
Thanks!

3 weeks? Hard to say really. . . It'll spend 14 days(ish) in the mail going to and from. That would give us a week to do our thing.

But. . . It would have to be timed in such a way, that the other handles were done, and ready to be coated. Our coating guy has a minimum run -- so we'd have to take that into account.

So ideally, a guy needs to be prepared to have his PH on a sojourn. That's why a non-runner is perfect, or a saw that isn't needed for work, etc.

So, is everyone committed to the 394/395 as one of your initial offerings? I aim that question at your target market too... I think you need to target models that will sell for your initial run(s).

In that light, I have a 394 that is just sitting in the shop and won't miss for a bit. I didn't offer sooner because I thought you'd find something closer.

Whats the special run all about? The reason I ask is I can't find a full wrap for the 038 and know a couple guys looking for them. I'm not sure if they are looking for stock or not, I like the look of yours then in the future My 460 and 038 would match.

It would be hard on me but I could turn loose of a 038 for a few weeks if you or someone in the shop don't have one.

Whats the special run all about? The reason I ask is I can't find a full wrap for the 038 and know a couple guys looking for them. I'm not sure if they are looking for stock or not, I like the look of yours then in the future My 460 and 038 would match.

It would be hard on me but I could turn loose of a 038 for a few weeks if you or someone in the shop don't have one.

I have an 038 I could template.

Here's how Doug is looking at this thing. He would like to pinpoint the saws from each line that would offer the best chance of folks wanting a full wrap.

If he knew that 100 guys would line up for an 038 handle, he would take the time to template for it. His concern is that a lot of these saws will be somewhat of a one-hit-wonder.

It's the same with bumpers. . . There are some trucks that he won't template for. . . Because he knows that the chances of doing another are slim. He'll build one, but it would be a one-off deal.

We're not apposed to doing different saws, not at all, but Doug would like to ease into this thing to see where it'll go.

It wouldn't take long for us to be butthole deep in material, time, and money -- for saws that might only be done a few times.

If you can rouse some serious guys for the 038, I'll template mine, even if I have to do it on my own time.

So, is everyone committed to the 394/395 as one of your initial offerings? I aim that question at your target market too... I think you need to target models that will sell for your initial run(s).

In that light, I have a 394 that is just sitting in the shop and won't miss for a bit. I didn't offer sooner because I thought you'd find something closer.

That's what we're aiming for as well. :cheers:

We have interest in the larger Huskies, including the 394/395. Let me get a hold of Sam and see where he's at with his 394.

If it's not gonna happen with his, I'll PM you about yours. :)

I have an 038 I could template.

Here's how Doug is looking at this thing. He would like to pinpoint the saws from each line that would offer the best chance of folks wanting a full wrap.

If he knew that 100 guys would line up for an 038 handle, he would take the time to template for it. His concern is that a lot of these saws will be somewhat of a one-hit-wonder.

It's the same with bumpers. . . There are some trucks that he won't template for. . . Because he knows that the chances of doing another are slim. He'll build one, but it would be a one-off deal.

We're not apposed to doing different saws, not at all, but Doug would like to ease into this thing to see where it'll go.

It wouldn't take long for us to be butthole deep in material, time, and money -- for saws that might only be done a few times.

If you can rouse some serious guys for the 038, I'll template mine, even if I have to do it on my own time.

I'll hope a few 038 owners jump in here, and I'll push this thread to the top a few times.

Latest posts

Back