Now taking pre-orders on 044,046,066 full wraps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. . . 677 views on this thread, and two orders. I'm gonna have to do something about that. :Eye::Eye:

I'll have to talk to Doug today. . . But maybe we can run a special price on this first batch to get some more interest? I'm not gonna say it'll be a huge difference in price. . . But something is better than nothing!

We wanted our first run to be around 20-25 bars, as it's easier on the wallet to get the lower mounts machined.

I'll see what Doug's thoughts are on it, and post up later tonight.

Wow. . . 677 views on this thread, and two orders. I'm gonna have to do something about that. :Eye::Eye:

I'll have to talk to Doug today. . . But maybe we can run a special price on this first batch to get some more interest? I'm not gonna say it'll be a huge difference in price. . . But something is better than nothing!

We wanted our first run to be around 20-25 bars, as it's easier on the wallet to get the lower mounts machined.

I'll see what Doug's thoughts are on it, and post up later tonight.

Tis a good idea.

Do you have to buy any more equipment to do any other saws? You may have better luck selling 25 bars if you cover more models of saws. I'd say do a 372 next, then 395/394. That would cover all the most popular saws. I'd like one for my 357 actually, but I hardly use that saw, so to justify the $100 is hard. Even to justify a 372 one isn't easy since I don't use my saws all that often, and I already have a 372 full wrap saw, but I have two other saws that could use a full wrap, they are easier to sell with full wraps around here.

361?

Are you gonna make one for the 361?

If so that would be one more order - from the other side of the big pond:givebeer:

Tis a good idea.

Do you have to buy any more equipment to do any other saws? You may have better luck selling 25 bars if you cover more models of saws. I'd say do a 372 next, then 395/394. That would cover all the most popular saws. I'd like one for my 357 actually, but I hardly use that saw, so to justify the $100 is hard. Even to justify a 372 one isn't easy since I don't use my saws all that often, and I already have a 372 full wrap saw, but I have two other saws that could use a full wrap, they are easier to sell with full wraps around here.

What are the two other saws you speak of that could use a full wrap?

I guess I need to look into a price break for the first guys willing to send their saw in to template for. . . We don't have any big Huskies on hand, so having a PH would be a must.

We still haven't nailed down (for sure) what the 372 pattern will fit either.

Are you gonna make one for the 361?

If so that would be one more order - from the other side of the big pond:givebeer:

Need one to template on. . . Then we'd be in business. I do know a local tree company that runs them. . . I might be able to talk them out'a one for a day to template with?

What are the two other saws you speak of that could use a full wrap?

I guess I need to look into a price break for the first guys willing to send their saw in to template for. . . We don't have any big Huskies on hand, so having a PH would be a must.

We still haven't nailed down (for sure) what the 372 pattern will fit either.

sorry, I meant I have 2 other 372 saws that could use full wrap.

The chain catcher stops some and the ones that would fall out behind it catch on the wrap handle. The only big saw I have right now already has a wrap handle on it.

The chain catcher stops some and the ones that would fall out behind it catch on the wrap handle. The only big saw I have right now already has a wrap handle on it.

Okay, that makes sense. . .

I can see right now we're gonna probably have to have a little more selection on this first batch other than 044/046/066.

We started with those three because 58 guys posted in the poll saying they'd want one for those models alone. . . Guess not?

I was one of them on the 440 but don't own one now. I've sold and traded 3 off this year.

I was one of them on the 440 but don't own one now. I've sold and traded 3 off this year.

Like I said, it's no biggie. . . I guess that poll gave me somewhat of a false expectation. Nothing that can't be overcome though. :)

I know pretty much all the guys on here buy, sell and trade on a regular basis.

Nate just called and asked me to post my findings/opinion pertaining to his handlebars. I would start by saying that they are very well made and that the quality is right up there with oem ones! I did have some problems with flaking, however Nate informed me that these particular bars were sprayed twice. The flaking is occurring between the layers and not flaking off of the aluminum! I was also asked if the roughed up surface was bothering my hands. It isnt bothering me, but I do wear gloves. Definately not an issue!! I do believe that eventually the will "wear" smooth, but after 100 hrs of use they're holding up great!

I've always had problems with the oem bars wearing through on the flywheel side corner. Riding in the back of a pickup is extremely hard on handles! Nate had added a block on his bars which wont allow the weak spots to contact the pickup when in transit! Great idea!! I see no reason why these handlebars wont outlast serveral saws! I will be buying more from him in the future!! Great job Nate, and a great product!!!

Okay, that makes sense. . .

I can see right now we're gonna probably have to have a little more selection on this first batch other than 044/046/066.

We started with those three because 58 guys posted in the poll saying they'd want one for those models alone. . . Guess not?

Hey, part of the problem is, its summer, people don't follow this site as much now, its been a while since your first poll and only been what a few days since your taking orders now? Maybe some of those people haven't seen yet that they are available? Maybe some of them don't have the saws anymore. Maybe go back through your original thread and see who said they wanted one, and send them an email or Private message seeing if they are still interested.

Nate, one of my concerns about factor handlebars is that, where the chain goes by them, they get really scarred up and even cut in half from the chain hitting it. Does your bars, where you use a solid piece machined for the bottom extend out past where the chain is? If so that would be great and wear much longer.

I don't have the money right now. But I would be interested in one of these for my 390XP in the future if you guys ever decide to make them for that model. I have been wanting to upgrade to a full wrap bar for a while but have not got one yet. I will keep an eye on the thread.

Latest posts

Back