NW Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a few more, Chris, John, Shawn, Jeff, Mike, and Brad Snelling, Mopar Mike is hiding in the background. Brad had a nice assortment of modern and vintage saws.

IMG_0727 (640x480).jpg

Gary's table was covered with all sorts of jewels.

IMG_0733 (640x480).jpg

Shawn, Ted, Joe (Elect 6945), and Mike looking though an assortment of goodies.

IMG_0735 (640x480).jpg

Chris and Bill (lawn boy?) angling for a deal.

IMG_0736 (640x480).jpg

Lunch was great of course, and absolutely no one could go away hungry.

IMG_0740 (640x480).jpg

The weather was mostly overcast throughout the day but did sprinkle a bit in the afternoon. It cleared off again for a bit so we ran a few more saws, then finally around 8:00 PM it tried to rain more seriously so I headed off to get ready for the drive tomorrow.

Hopefully someone managed to get a few more photos of the saws in action, believe me we did make a mess of the logs that Chris and Mark had laid out for us.]

Mark

Thanks to all who took the time and effort to attend. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves but I think they did..

I'm just glad the weather cooperated and all in all wasn't too bad really considering what has been going on around here.

I was glad to see some old friends meet some new ones and get to run some great saws of all types.

The one thing about GTG's is there is just never enough hours in the day to spend enough time with all the attendees that I would like to or inspect and run other saws!

If it ever happens again, maybe I can spend more time with folks and saws that I missed yesterday.

Big thanks from me to my buddy Chris for allowing this to go on at his place and all the work he put in to help make this GTG happen.

His folks went above and beyond helping out with the food and John done a excellent job manning the grill. Gale really went out of the way making the fantastic sweet treats.

I want to thank my lovely wife for all her help also, she is the best.. I was very appreciative of my daughter Paige for coming home from Vincennes to help man the sign up tent, run the sign in book, and raffle/door prizes..

To Tom Erwin, good job you done with your dads Homelite, I love to see that stuff and the effort to go through a old family saw to make it run like new!

I was personally so glad that Roger/3000FPS and his wife was able to make the long trip across the midwest to attend. It also didn't hurt my feelings that he was the winner of the cash raffle. That should make a dent in his gas bill for the trip!

Before I head over to help with the cleanup at Chris's I'll post a few pictures from yesterday that my wife took for us. 100_5632 (Custom).JPG

My daughter Paige waiting for her first customer of the day.

100_5637 (Custom).JPG

Kysawsheila with her movie star glasses..

100_5634 (Custom).JPG

Chris, Tim, Mark and Brad..

100_5638 (Custom).JPG

Looks like Dave found the coffee pot ..

100_5645 (Custom).JPG

Roger fueling up his Poulan Pro. His saws all ran great.

I had a blast!!! My first GTG and what a great day...thanks to Mark and Chris for all their hard work as well as there family's. I also would like to thank those who shared their rare and unique saws. It was so awesome to be able to run those rare saws and meet up with like minded people. My only regret is that there wasn't more hours in the day to allow to have more great one on one time with the other attendee's. To those that I did get to spend time with thank you! Your a great bunch of guys and I look forward to our next meeting . I highly recommend if you have not been to a GTG make plans to attend one closest to you . I drove nearly 3 hrs. and would do it again in a heartbeat .Once again THANK YOU all for making a new guy feel so welcome. See you all soon....Tom Erwin

Thanks modifiedmark for the pictures and putting the names of the people also.
Many thanks also goes out to cbfarmall and his family for hosting this gtg. I wish I lived closer to these gtgs to attend . The wide open space around there and the farm fields is a place I would want to live.

Want to send out a HUGE thanks to all who participated to make this a great event!
The Bean family and my BFAM Mark did a superb job of planning and executing and have reason to be proud of the way it came together.
After all these years I still marvel at the quality of people who have these tools as a common bond.
Had a great time that was only dampened slightly by my throbbing foot.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Mike

A huge thanks goes out to Chris, Mark, and their families. You put on a fantastic, well organized GTG. Even though it was the most foolish thing I could do, I'm glad I came. I dropped into bed as soon as I walked in the door, and didn't get up until 15 hours later. I still feel like a Mack truck ran over me. I've got next week to get better. The GTG couldn't wait, lol :) I especially enjoyed getting to meet several member I'd never met before, and run some real Grail saws. I'd mention names, but I know I'd leave someone out, and I don't want to do that.

I've got lots of videos to post. It'll be a while before they're ready and uploaded.

Back