NYS Thruway firewood checkpoints

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodhounder

woodhounder

ArboristSite Operative
1. I use my hitch regularly so it stays in.

2. If you are close enough to to bump your knee you are too close to my truck to begin with.

3. I have saved my insurance a lot of money by leaving the hitch in. I've been bumped at a light a half dozen times in my life. Each time I get out and see my hitch and bumper in perfect shape, and some little car with a hole in the bumper.

I think I'll just leave my hitch right where it is.

:agree2:

woodhounder

woodhounder

ArboristSite Operative
I sort of figure the beetle's gonna do what the beetle's gonna do. Maybe it makes me an apathetic, horrible person. But I just don't care&tend to think "law enforcement" knows controlling invasive beetles is a lost cause too and merely use transport fines as a revenue stream.

:agree2: All they want is the tax money.

trax

ArboristSite Operative
The latest one is they have been nailing people for driving around with a hitch sticking out of their receiver. $250 fine. Insurance industry driven, as it can cause more damage if you back into someone with the hitch in there. Some guys have hitches in there so long they can't even get them out.

$3000 fine for you guys down in WV, is even more insane. It's like we are all living in 1930's Germany.

The NY State Police Traffic Division would like to inform area residents that there is not a law regarding the failure to remove a trailer ball and receiver from your
vehicle trailer hitch while traveling on a highway. Sgt. Bernie Kennett of the New York State Police reported that their agency members have received numerous
calls regarding a reported new law that required motorist to remove their trailer hitch from the receiver while traveling on a highway. According to law enforcement
officials, there is no such law and no enforcement is being done by this agency regarding it.

Pain Cow

Pain Cow

Addicted to ArboristSite
The NY State Police Traffic Division would like to inform area residents that there is not a law regarding the failure to remove a trailer ball and receiver from your
vehicle trailer hitch while traveling on a highway. Sgt. Bernie Kennett of the New York State Police reported that their agency members have received numerous
calls regarding a reported new law that required motorist to remove their trailer hitch from the receiver while traveling on a highway. According to law enforcement
officials, there is no such law and no enforcement is being done by this agency regarding it.

Well, that's refreshing. With all the crap going on in the world today, if officers WERE doing this "hitch enforcement" they would be part of the problem. I wouldn't put it past them though, the way things are going. Any cop that would attempt to enforce such a law would be needlessly putting themselves in great danger. People have had enough nonsense.