"O.K. It's official, you are totally crazy...."

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...quoting my wife when she came back in to the house this morning after feeding the birds. Bird food is kept in the garage you see and for the first time she saw the empty box and the contents that I received yesterday.

The box

attachment.php

Open it up and look inside

attachment.php

Here's how it looks spread out

attachment.php

Not too bad

attachment.php

And some bonus goodies to boot

attachment.php

O.K., Maybe I went a little overboard on this one...

Mark

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make me look normal!

Was it a bargain bucket or something?!!

Wow, is there a high five smiley?

Awesome score. :jawdrop::cry: <-- Thats me

Looks like somebody did pretty good at packing all that in the box.

Is there one in there that would pull my 72" :)

Yeah, shipping was a bit high for 950#'s from Seattle, WA area to Iowa.

But look what I got:

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?
attachmentid=128648&stc=1&d=1268235883

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not really a bargain all said and done, but it will give me something to do for a couple of years I expect.
Mark

A few more details, please! We kind'a know the why but how about the who, what and where from? True addiction can be a frightening thing!

I did not have any chance to do more than pull a few starter ropes, I was smiling when I tugged on the SP105's, even more so when I pulled the air filter covers off and saw the condition underneath. The 795 cut off saw needs some attention to the starter but I think it will be O.K. as well.

I am afraid many of the rest are destined to become parts saws, but then I will have a lot of parts to choose from.

Mark

Many of you know or have heard of Bob Johnson (Bob's Lawnmower Service); the seller contacted Bob to see if he would be interested in the lot. Bob was not, but forwarded the photo's and letter to me thinking I might be interested.

Several weeks later when I was back in the country I contact the seller in Bainbridge Island, WA to see if he still had the bunch. He did, we agreed on a "per saw" price for the complete saws and everything else was thrown in. Seller spent many years building wooden barges and McCulloch saws were their saw of choice. Basically they would use one until something failed, put it aside and use another, and when they had time fix the failed unit. Just a quick glance as the saws last night prooves that there was a lot of interchangability in the McCulloch line up.

There are several brand new loops of .375, .404, and one 68 DL 1/2" pitch chain, another dozen or so used loops (.404), part of a roll of .404, the extra bars that you see, and a few boxes I haven't had a chance to go through very thoroughly.

I think there are at least 6 each loose McCulloch carburetors from saws plus the kart carburetor in an earlier photo, and perhaps as many Tillotson loose in the parts, not counting what are still on many of the old saws.

A number of clutch covers with the 4 tooth spikes, plus most of the saws have the 4 tooth spikes, 8 or 10 flyhwheel covers, starter parts, some gaskets, etc. etc.....

Mark

I must have stopped by a couple days to early?! Don't be supprised if I knock on the door in the near future.
Nice score. When does the new garage go up?

I have had to stop buying saws at the previous rate because I can hardly stand in my shop. Not that I've stopped buying stuff... I've just had to change my strategy to buying parts to fix the saws I already have!

Looks to me like your shop has lots of room left! You're going to need to buy some more shelves, though. :clap:

Latest posts

Back