oak ash hickory logs wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencerhenry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i am in western colorado, i am a firewood retailer. i have been buying processed oak firewood from missouri for 2 years now. i was supposed to have 4 trucks here by the end of september, but now here it is almost mid-november and i have only gotten 3 trucks. the whole idea of getting it here early was to avoid bad weather and to get the wood into a dry environment to make sure it was dry before i sold it. my supplier has not been returning calls, and lately i have also been having problems with the quality. all this has got me looking for a new source. right now the wood is coming 1000 miles, i am trying to find someone closer to help on the cost, and also to find logs to process myself. i have a processor and right now only run pine and aspen through it.
anybody out there in nebraska, kansas, oklahoma? or even western iowa that can supply about 50 to 60 cords of oak logs per year? if i can find the right source i could probably bump it up to 100 cords.

There is a guy named Slamm here that lives and "cuts timber" in the mid west. he dosent harvest pulp wood, you could really get alot of good fire wood from him. . .

i am in western colorado, i am a firewood retailer. i have been buying processed oak firewood from missouri for 2 years now. i was supposed to have 4 trucks here by the end of september, but now here it is almost mid-november and i have only gotten 3 trucks. the whole idea of getting it here early was to avoid bad weather and to get the wood into a dry environment to make sure it was dry before i sold it. my supplier has not been returning calls, and lately i have also been having problems with the quality. all this has got me looking for a new source. right now the wood is coming 1000 miles, i am trying to find someone closer to help on the cost, and also to find logs to process myself. i have a processor and right now only run pine and aspen through it.
anybody out there in nebraska, kansas, oklahoma? or even western iowa that can supply about 50 to 60 cords of oak logs per year? if i can find the right source i could probably bump it up to 100 cords.

Spencer, long time no see. Do you still have those saws I sold ya?
John

yes i do. the 036 was ported and is still my favorite small wood saw, the 066 doesnt see much wood except on the rare occasion of large timber.
rod sold his 088 and got a 460, the husky you sold him blew up last year, he bought some other new husky, about the size of the 460 i guess, i dont think it has seen wood yet.
i knocked down some big ones for rod this summer, a handful of 28 to 34" 100+ foot engelmans, fun dropping those big ones, he still thinks spruce is great firewood, to each their own i guess.

Latest posts

Back