Octane question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your opinion are what they are...wrong. what I have stated is absolutely a fact.
My degree is in Environmental Science and I completed course work in organic chemistry. I also am a fee credits short of a BA as well
and yes you are not qualified and your thought process bares this out.

Whatever You Say GIF by Northwest Motorsport

I like fried chicken and fish too much to not eat it...

Guess I'll have health complications and die.
Hope you don't fry in canola oil? If so just use lard or tallow and throw the toxic industrial rapeseed oil in the bin.. or use it as bar oil it might even be good diff oil it has lots of industrial uses.
Good marketing a name change and peeing in the right pockets has made it fit for human consumption lol

So fry them in Olive oil not processed vegetable oil its nasty stuff.

I have thought about making biscuits with olive oil. May go get some buttermilk this morning and try it. I'll report if it taste bad.

As far as shortenings in general, the whole country is fat. Not unusual to see people 100 pounds overweight or more . I have a couple of friends that weigh over 400 pounds.

My philosophy which is worthless in general is to eat what you want , just not to damn much of it.
And, get some exercise .

I am not sure if we have any specific laws regulating it here. There may be some that I am unaware of. I know E-85 is definitely a separate pump. One of the craziest things was when I was at a station and the owner was telling me a woman had put gas in her diesel car. He was livid because she was blaming the owner and wanted him to pay. He was calling her every name in the book...well from what I could understand of his poor English he was. I tried explaining to him that yes she was ignorant for doing so but dammmmit buddy you have a separate pump there that is green with a green nozzle and you are selling gas through it. Yes it was marked gas but she saw a green pump and assumed it was diesel. Yes she was wrong but change your colors to avoid future confusion. To this day I think it remains.
As far as I know there's no standard pump color in the USA that everyone has to follow. We can make a few assumptions based on our area but that may not be true everywhere. What really boggles my mind is we have standard colors for fuel containers but not the pumps we get the fuel from. We have to refer to the labels on the pump for that.

I have thought about making biscuits with olive oil. May go get some buttermilk this morning and try it. I'll report if it taste bad.

As far as shortenings in general, the whole country is fat. Not unusual to see people 100 pounds overweight or more . I have a couple of friends that weigh over 400 pounds.

My philosophy which is worthless in general is to eat what you want , just not to damn much of it.
And, get some exercise .
In general I agree, moat of the US is over weight but the funny thing is my grand parents were never fat. Lived off the farm and what they could produce. Got very little from the store as far as food was involved till they got old and had to sell the farm. I remember my Nan kept a tub where the bacon fat would get dumped from the pan to get used in other things. Lard was a staple ingredient in the kitchen as well as real butter. Both my grandparents live long, active lives.

And, get some exercise .
Diet is more important than exercise sugar and carbs can lead to diabetes. Eliminate sugar and processed carbs and things will get better.

In general I agree, moat of the US is over weight but the funny thing is my grand parents were never fat. Lived off the farm and what they could produce. Got very little from the store as far as food was involved till they got old and had to sell the farm. I remember my Nan kept a tub where the bacon fat would get dumped from the pan to get used in other things. Lard was a staple ingredient in the kitchen as well as real butter. Both my grandparents live long, active lives.
It's all the highly processed foods now day's go into any supermarket and look how small the fresh fruit vegetable and meat sections are compared to the aisles and aisles of man made "food" that started life as a powder.
I'm no heath freak but try and eat foods that are not tampered with or are close to the original natural thing it was originally. Looking at food that started as a powder actually makes me feel a bit sick just looking at it lol
Cutting out cooking with canola oil I personally felt my heath improved that was over 25 years ago. For my age 50 I'm healthy not overweight not sick in anyway or on any meds, teeth are good don't have any fillings but I put that down to not drinking water with fluoride in it for most my life. Yeah fun fact symptoms of fluoride poisoning is tooth decay lol

Oh yeah for many years I run pump fuel called Super down here in mowers motorbikes chainsaws yes it had lead in it was good reliable fuel then they replaced it with unleaded was purple in colour it was good fuel for many years. But I'd say the last decade pump fuel has gone down hill fast to the point now day's its nothing more than a pita boiling vaper locking rubbish it literally looks and smells like paint thinners lol

It's all the highly processed foods now day's go into any supermarket and look how small the fresh fruit vegetable and meat sections are compared to the aisles and aisles of man made "food" that started life as a powder.
I'm no heath freak but try and eat foods that are not tampered with or are close to the original natural thing it was originally. Looking at food that started as a powder actually makes me feel a bit sick just looking at it lol
Cutting out cooking with canola oil I personally felt my heath improved that was over 25 years ago. For my age 50 I'm healthy not overweight not sick in anyway or on any meds, teeth are good don't have any fillings but I put that down to not drinking water with fluoride in it for most my life. Yeah fun fact symptoms of fluoride poisoning is tooth decay lol

Oh yeah for many years I run pump fuel called Super down here in mowers motorbikes chainsaws yes it had lead in it was good reliable fuel then they replaced it with unleaded was purple in colour it was good fuel for many years. But I'd say the last decade pump fuel has gone down hill fast to the point now day's its nothing more than a pita boiling vaper locking rubbish it literally looks and smells like paint thinners lol
Really nailed it on the pump junk I always have trouble with it and when I have winter pump gas and the temp goes upi I cant even use it at all and have to dump all the pump crap out of the saws ,trimmers blowers etc and buy 120.00 a 5 gallon pail of canned gas.

Really nailed it on the pump junk I always have trouble with it and when I have winter pump gas and the temp goes upi I cant even use it at all and have to dump all the pump crap out of the saws ,trimmers blowers etc and buy 120.00 a 5 gallon pail of canned gas.
I'm at the point I'll have to buy some expensive canned fuel just to be able to run a 2T in summer.
20min Max is all I can get and it's boiling vaper locking I can't even shut anything off or I'll have to wait 30-40 minutes before it'll restart what a joke.

I'm at the point I'll have to buy some expensive canned fuel just to be able to run a 2T in summer.
20min Max is all I can get and it's boiling vaper locking I can't even shut anything off or I'll have to wait 30-40 minutes before it'll restart what a joke.
Keep the can and the saws out of the direct sun as much as possible.

Ugg I just got a gallon of truful to stick in a guys saw and blower for storage. $23.00 and change for a gallon of it. Almost puked.

Some of its the newer saw designs as well. Trying to get all that extra heat in the cylinder to aid efficiency. Just makes things hotter in general.

Some of its the newer saw designs as well. Trying to get all that extra heat in the cylinder to aid efficiency. Just makes things hotter in general.
I don't own newer saws all my saws 066/660 even 661 used to run perfectly in 40 celsius all day after day never a problem with boiling fuel.
As soon as it gets up into like 35 celsius forget about it lol
I can put a cold fueled up not even started for the day saw in the sun for only 10 minutes and it will not start that's all it takes. It's getting that way pump fuel is almost unusable in summer for me, the rest of my family have the same troubles and a few wood cutters I've talked to say the same thing.

Close to the same temp as you but I always have fuel trouble in the Spring.
I rotate fuel out pretty quickly, this is my preferred time of year to be cutting so that 5 gallons of fuel I mixed will be gone in no time. I've also recently been taking my own advice and doing better with long and mid term storage of my saws. (You know the ones I basically use as shelf fillers.) Canned fuel if it's sitting longer then 3 months tanks drained, saw cleaned up, engine fogged, and spray it down with muc-off. (Wd 40 would work too I suppose.) Just less issues.

Back